Main Menu

What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, May 03, 2007, 02:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyGilmore

Significant Other by Limp Bizkit- Their best album, which isn't saying much.  The guitar player, Wes, is the most talented of the group.

The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack- a mix of new songs, plus covers of "Funkytown", "Only You" and "Bad Day", plus some classic Chipmunk songs.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Allhallowsday

MARVIN GAYE What's Going On

KATE BUSH The Whole Story  

Chickasaw County Child: The Artistry of BOBBIE GENTRY    
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

Quote from: Allhallowsday on August 29, 2008, 09:03:49 PM
MARVIN GAYE What's Going On

KATE BUSH The Whole Story  

Chickasaw County Child: The Artistry of BOBBIE GENTRY    

Most people remeber Bobby for Ode To Billy Joe...but she was  a dam good story teller...

I like this clip because it's intoduced by Bing Crosby!!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dq4Dksv5eg

Now...I'm in the mood....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR3K5uB-wMA

I love how they throw there horns in the air...thats cool, man!

( I hadda edit....because of my lousy typing skills...I am still of the chicken in the yard school of typing...!)
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Scott

RCMerchant

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Rev. Powell on August 28, 2008, 10:46:21 AM
Quote from: Allhallowsday on August 27, 2008, 03:02:15 PM
The third album is more ALEX CHILTON, his chamber musician friends, and his producer (JIM DICKINSON).  Diehard BIG STAR fans revile this last entry routinely, ...I think the third album is their runaway best...
I actually had "Third" at one time, although I don't have it anymore.  The only song I saved to mp3 was "Stroke It, Noel".
You owned Third... and what did you do with it?  LP or CD?  Apparently you were either not impressed or overwhelmed with choices.  I listen to that one every day.  You didn't like the cover of "Femme Fatale"
Quote from: RCMerchant on August 29, 2008, 10:11:29 PM
...Most people remeber Bobby for Ode To Billy Joe...but she was  a dam good story teller...
Unfortunately her Ode To Billy Joe album is not available.  The first time I bought it was on a whim in a used record store in Morristown, NJ not quite 30 years ago.  Of course I knew the title track well (a song I recently decided I should be so f*ckin' sick of, yet still I'm not and always listen to it if it comes on the radio-which it did this week).  :wink: 

Nonetheless, way back when, and once I got to know the album, I always skipped the title track for the better stuff.  That old used copy got ruined next to a radiator and I replaced it with new.  Listened to it so much that I sort of blurred there and thought I had it on CD.  NOT!!!  Then of course, a decade and a half passed.  I had unloaded my LP collection so long ago, in the midst of replacing what I thought was essential on CD, I was afraid I wasn't consistent, but I had kept that irreplaceable LP gem.  Later, I bought two BOBBIE GENTRY collections in order to piece together most of that album's contents on CD (I still have my vinyl copy at least for the playlist!)   :teddyr:  See how I EDITED YOU to make room for ME??  :smile: BTW, I like "Cotton Eyed Joe" .
I'm listening to ROXY MUSIC:

Now, FATS WALLER

Torgo

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS  "Stadium Arcadium"
"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

HappyGilmore

My "taste" in music may be debatable.  I like everything, from classical rock to POP music, to comedy rock, to classical stuff like Vivaldi.  Plus, I'm going away on vacation and don't want to think too much, so simple pop works right now. :bouncegiggle:

Greatest Hits by New Kids on The Block

I'm off for about a week or so, so have fun.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Allhallowsday on August 30, 2008, 12:36:02 AM
Quote from: Rev. Powell on August 28, 2008, 10:46:21 AM
Quote from: Allhallowsday on August 27, 2008, 03:02:15 PM
The third album is more ALEX CHILTON, his chamber musician friends, and his producer (JIM DICKINSON).  Diehard BIG STAR fans revile this last entry routinely, ...I think the third album is their runaway best...
I actually had "Third" at one time, although I don't have it anymore.  The only song I saved to mp3 was "Stroke It, Noel".
You owned Third... and what did you do with it?  LP or CD?  Apparently you were either not impressed or overwhelmed with choices.  I listen to that one every day.  You didn't like the cover of "Femme Fatale"

I had it in digital format several years ago.  I used to delete songs off my hard drive to save space (now I have an external hard drive and it's not an issue).  So, "Third" was the victim of a space saving purge, and "Stroke It Noel" was the only song I deemed worthy of saving at that time.  So, the "femme Fatake" cover did not make a great impression on me.  Sorry.  Maybe I'd feel different if I heard the album again.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Torgo

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

Rev. Powell

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Rev. Powell on August 30, 2008, 04:32:17 PM
I had it in digital format several years ago.  I used to delete songs off my hard drive to save space (now I have an external hard drive and it's not an issue).  So, "Third" was the victim of a space saving purge, and "Stroke It Noel" was the only song I deemed worthy of saving at that time.  So, the "femme Fatake" cover did not make a great impression on me.  Sorry.  Maybe I'd feel different if I heard the album again.
You're not "sorry" you're pathetic...  :teddyr:  :bouncegiggle: I figured the REV would understand I couldn't resist the old joke.  Particularly in this instance.  ALEX CHILTON changed the title of a song in the works because of his Chamber Musician friend NOEL who stroked some type of violin...
But, I'm listening to ELVIS' Golden Records    

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE After Bathing At Baxter's 

Rev. Powell

Bernard Herrmann: The Film Scores (performed by the Los Angeles Philharmonic)

No samples available, but I would post my favorite, the "Night-Piece for Orchestra" from TAXI DRIVER.

brooky1969

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny and Mutation

Allhallowsday

FRANK ZAPPA Hot Rats 

Wow, late Sept 1 and no one else has been here since last night.  Slow.  Hope everybody had a wonderful holiday.  I did, but I'm sunburned and have a headache.   :drink:  :smile:

VLADO PERLEMUTER plays RAVEL (1961 recordings)