Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:07:20 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Interview Comments  |  George Hardy Interview « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Hardy Interview  (Read 30780 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 18, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »

George Hardy played the part of Michael Waits, the father in "Troll 2." He is a cheery gentleman who is still impressed that such a bad movie could be so much fun.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:24:42 AM »

Awesome interview Andrew. George Hardy seems like a great guy and it's mega cool that he has truly embraced his bad movie stardom! You don't see that happen too frequently.  Smile

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 04:34:16 PM »

The interview looks great Andrew!   Thumbup
You had some good questions for him and he gave some very informative answers.
That pic of George & Michael holding up the shirt was taken only a few weeks ago.
The third guy in the photo is one of the producers of the Troll 2 documentary.

It was really cool to be able to chat with George.
He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever talk to.

This Troll 2 cult phenomenon really seems to be taking off.  They're having screenings all over the U.S. and it sounds like they're having a blast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our interview with George Hardy is loaded with bonus features! 

To get the full Troll 2 experience here, I recommend that you read Andrew's interview first, then watch the video clips second and listen to the phone interview third.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the audio quality of our phone interview is good enough for you guys.
What I did was I hooked up my pc speakers, called George using my computer (VOIP) and recorded the entire thing onto a microcasette recorder.
Then I played the entire interview back into my microphone and recorded it onto my hard drive with this program.
After that was done, I uploaded it to a file sharing website where Andrew was able to download it and convert it to MP3 format.
When I first uploaded it, the file was a whopping 276 MB wav file.
Andrew managed to get it down to 38 MB.
Thanks Andrew!  You rock!

This interview stands out because you finally get to learn why Troll 2 turned out as bad as it did.
Mostly because of the language barrier between the cast & crew and the general disorganization.
It's quite informative.
There's a lot more but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Let us know what you think.

Hope you like it!   Smile

And don't forget your:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:06:27 AM by Ash » Logged
Andrew Reed
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »

I did an interview with Troll 2 cast member Darren Ewing a few months ago and it's available at http://www.magicalpudding.com/articles/Interview%20with%20Darren%20Ewing%20of%20Troll%202.html

I too have spoken with George Hardy a few months earlier.  We had talked about doing a screening of the movie in my town, but it's too small.  I found out that he lived in Alabama though, and I'm only about 2 hours away from him.  One day I may try to set up a video interview.  He seemed interested in it, but that was several months ago, Troll 2 has gotten really big sense then.
Michael
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 07:21:34 PM »

A special thank you to Ash, Andrew and Badmovies.org for this awesome interview and their dedication towards subjecting others with one of the worst films ever made – Troll 2.  Nice job Nilbog Neighbors!

Also, I just wanted to let you know that we have featured / linked to the Badmovies.org Troll 2 interview from the www.bestworstmovie.com homepage. Let me know if we can help out in any other way.

Thanks for such a great website and for your hospitality!

Michael Paul Stephenson (Joshua)

Torgo

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »

Fantastic interview.

He ought to write a book about his experience making Troll 2.

It could be almost as entertaining as Bruce Campbell's If Chins Could Kill book.   Cheers

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Zack Carlson
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »

One really interesting thing about TROLL 2 that often gets overlooked is the fact that the costume designer Laura Gemser (spelled "Grimsley" in George's interview) was a major exploitation actress in the '70s, and played the lead in the BLACK EMMANUELLE movies, BLACK COBRA and many others.

Surprise!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Interview Comments  |  George Hardy Interview « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.