Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:03:53 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movies seen in a theater. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Worst movies seen in a theater.  (Read 27611 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »

I have a best friend who actually saw Megaforce in theaters back in 1982.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008, 10:43:39 PM »

"st friend who actually saw Megaforce in theaters back in 1982."

That would be another one I saw when it was released...and I thought it was so cool, too

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
akiratubo

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 06:58:19 AM »

Quote from: Shadow
Maybe because they did. The movie may have been an abbreviated form of a 26-part anime series of the same name.

I believe you are correct.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2008, 05:22:05 AM »

As a general rule, I try to stay away from "unwatchable" movies.  There's a big difference between "bad movies" and unwatchable ones.  Plan 9 , Andy Milligan films, etc. are typically regarded as "bad", yet I'd watch those films over most Hollywood blockbusters any day.

My worst list is as follows:

- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - the worst movie ever made, and a complete betrayal of the original classic.
- The Phantom Menace - shockingly bad, and inexplicably embraced by new generations.  They should have kicked this and the rest of the newer SW 'episodes' to the curb.  Just goes to show you that not even George Lucas can bring back the grandeur of the 1970's.
- Clue (1985)
- Wild at Heart - One of those movies that doesn't get better while watching it.  Lynch at his worst.  This one was a walk-out.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »

As a general rule, I try to stay away from "unwatchable" movies.  There's a big difference between "bad movies" and unwatchable ones.  Plan 9 , Andy Milligan films, etc. are typically regarded as "bad", yet I'd watch those films over most Hollywood blockbusters any day.

- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - the worst movie ever made, and a complete betrayal of the original classic.
- The Phantom Menace - shockingly bad, and inexplicably embraced by new generations.  They should have kicked this and the rest of the newer SW 'episodes' to the curb.  Just goes to show you that not even George Lucas can bring back the grandeur of the 1970's.
- Clue (1985)
- Wild at Heart - One of those movies that doesn't get better while watching it.  Lynch at his worst.  This one was a walk-out.

I agree with you on Temple of Doom and the newer Star Wars movies, But I kinda like Clue.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Fearless Freep

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2008, 12:13:40 PM »

My kids react the same way to Eps1-3 they way I did the originals so I try not to allow my 35 yo nostalgia of a 10 yo perspective color my opinions.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
the master
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »

spiderman 3
shocking disapointment Hatred
Monkeyface
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »

spiderman 3
shocking disapointment Hatred

WHAT?  You didn't enjoy the multiple crying scenes at the end!! LOL

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2008, 12:49:11 PM »

- Clue (1985)

While IJ&TOD is not the best film of the franchise it's still enjoyable to watch. 
The Phantom Menace was not great, it would have been better if Jar-Jar Binks was not in the film at all.  While I do like the newer films SW films a good bit, I like the original trilogy better.

the master
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »

spiderman 3
shocking disappointment Hatred

WHAT?  You didn't enjoy the multiple crying scenes at the end!! LOL
no i didn't enjoy all the singing and emo spiderman and venom did not get a good screen
time and it just sucked.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2008, 08:16:49 PM »

- Clue (1985)

While IJ&TOD is not the best film of the franchise it's still enjoyable to watch. 
The Phantom Menace was not great, it would have been better if Jar-Jar Binks was not in the film at all.  While I do like the newer films SW films a good bit, I like the original trilogy better.

I have to disagree about Jar Jar, to a degree.  While my only two Star Wars experiences were Ep. 1 & 2, and I haven't seen the original trilogy, Jar Jar was a comedy character there to sell toys to kids.  Good idea or not, he served a purpose. 

But, I didn't even want to see Episode 1, so I chose to like Jar Jar specifically to p**s off my friends, so whatever.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
akiratubo

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:31 AM »

Why all the hate for Temple of Doom?  It's my favorite Indy movie.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2008, 06:30:07 AM »

Why all the hate for Temple of Doom?  It's my favorite Indy movie.

Point of view noted and respected, however IMO, 'temple of doom' remains the most hated movie of all time.  I'm old enough to have enjoyed Spielberg's thrilling early genre films in the theater (CE3K, Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and even 1941), and when this turkey came along it seemed like not only a major betrayal for true-blue Indy fans (of the first picture), but a "loss of magic" that Spielberg instilled in those aforementioned early movies.  As I've stated before on these boards - Spielberg's slide began in 1983 when he directed the abysmal "Kick the Can" episode of Twilight Zone - The Movie.  He's never been able to match the quality of his early films since, no matter how many CGI-infested blockbusters he makes.

From 'short round' to that horrible opening sequence with the antitdode getting kicked around - 'temple of doom' was one mind-numbingly atrocious film - pure misery from start to finish.  It should be noted I'm no fan of its 1989 sequel either - the almost-as-bad 'last crusade'.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movies seen in a theater. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.