Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:11:02 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Misc Comments  |  Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 1) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 1)  (Read 150572 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 17, 2008, 05:54:44 PM »

Are you ready for the inevitable zombie holocaust?  Just owning a shotgun and a chainsaw is not enough.  You need to consider all the factors, all your options, and be prepared to make the hard decisions.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
zbranigan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »

what about the persons disposition, if they are a 'sunny' kind of person they will inevitably open the door to the zombie in police/security uniform........ avoid people who think help is on the way

if we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.........checkmate!!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:49:05 PM »

Karma to Andrew for that one!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:21:15 PM »

I will forever live my life by these guidelines.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
DarkAdmiral
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »

BRAVO!! It is always welcome to see others promoting the awarness of what needs to be done to survive the shambling hordes of the undead.

If anyone is interested I posted my own guide on the forum some months back.
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113001.0.html

Thank Puppet Master for bringing me here since May 27, 2002.
The greatest power of all is knowledge. And laser eye-beams.
Fairness Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked in jet engines.
IdiocyNever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:39 PM »

BRAVO!! It is always welcome to see others promoting the awarness of what needs to be done to survive the shambling hordes of the undead.

If anyone is interested I posted my own guide on the forum some months back.
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113001.0.html

I remember this thread.  I loved it.  I am going to add more to it.  I also loved this little bit here too.  Having the movies tied in to was the icing on the cake.

John

P.S.  I am glad to see that the Karma is back! Thumbup TeddyR Cheers

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
AndrewM
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »

If anyone's interested, I made a youtube video on this subject a while back about how we shouldn't take Hollywood's depiction of zombies at face value when making our plans.
Small | Large
john hanna
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:58:58 AM »

:buggedout:You may want to reconsider the bicycle as transportation.  According to Max Brooks "The Zombie Survival Guide", a bike is your best tranportation.  Cars eventually run out of gas or break down. They also can't go over rough terrain if roads become impassible.  A bike is quiet, can be carried, is easily maintained, and it keeps you exercised.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 08:32:31 AM »

Great article, Andrew: karma , sir.  Thumbup

I'm a scaredy cat sometimes so I would, in addition to the chainsaw, shotgun and car, bring along a mountain of second hand underpants.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 01:25:32 PM »

Believe me, I see this coming.  As soon as I can I'm stockpiling weapons and building a fortress, nothing like my own custom, fuel efficient Hummer to take me to safety.  Yeah, I'm going to make a fuel efficient Hummer.

BOOMSTICKS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
BTM

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »

Hehe.. this is funny.  Sadly, if a breakout ever did occur, not sure I'd last too long, as I'm not in the best of shape and own NO weapons.  Course, maybe my "inside knowledge" (ie all the s**tty films I've watched) would give me a slight advantage. 

One thing I don't get is why people in zombie films NEVER think of covering the areas of their body that are vulnerable to bites.  I mean, you take some of the stuff they have goalies wear on their legs (shin guards?) and strap them to your arms, then put on an elbow pad to protect that.  Also put on something thicker than a t-shirt to keep zombies from ripping open your chest and digging out your intestines.

Also, not to jump on the "I did a thread like this..." bandwagon, but I did do a thread once about whether or not zombies would really take over if such an event happened.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,100701.0.html

Basically, my hypothesis is I don't think we'd see a complete and total collapse like we do in the George Romero films, at least not with the slow moving zombies.  I mean, think about it, in the U.S. we could do stuff that no zombie film will ever have the budget to show, like getting out fight jets to bomb crowds of zombies from the sky, send in platoons of soldiers with automatic weapons, heck, you could hope in a tank full of gas and probably RUN OVER several hundred zombies before you'd need to refuel. 

Unless of course, the zombie outbreak was combined with something else... like maybe an EMP or some other terrorist attack.  Hmm.. think I got an idea for a script here...

:)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:49:02 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »

Oooh! Good Stuff. I'll keep my Suit of Armor with Chain-mail oiled up!
Terf
Bad Movie Lover

I wish I could be as popular as you think you are.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 12:49:19 AM »

Andrew, you are the man. You just brightened my day.  Cheers

Recently I was part of a "Zombie Survival RPG" on a gaming website. (Yes, I am overweight and somewhat pimply, but I also enjoy writing and telling stories, and this was sort of like a story, so...) Sadly, it went nowhere, and I was very sad. (Still am a little.)

I haven't looked at the other people's links, but one important thing I think you left out: what KINDS of zombies are they? Are they Romero's or Russo's? "Do they shamble or do they run? Can shooting them in the forehead work or must they be entirely incinerated? Do they eat brains, flesh, or a combination of both?" That sort of thing...  Wink

*Checks out links*

Things could be worse; you could be twins.
Sardu
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 08:24:47 AM »

Remember, the Government Installation that you don't know about is the one you have to worry about.  These are usually in desolate areas and underground but they can lurk in more metro areas as well.  For instance, any abandoned Drive-in theaters in your hood are guaranteed to be camo for either missile silos or secret bio research labs that could be ground zero for a zombie attack.  Nowhere is safe.
Katherine
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »

I wouldn't knock the hybrid.  At a certain point during or after the zombie apocalypse fuel may become scarce between the lack of fresh imports and the scavenging of the other rag tag survivors.  Your camel-like compact may serve you and your few remaining companions well.

The trick would be to avoid situations where you need to mow down a mob of zombies or ram a barrier.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Misc Comments  |  Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 1) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.