Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:04:32 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Misc Comments  |  Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 2) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 2)  (Read 78541 times)
Rick
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 01:30:09 PM »

When the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm hiding at work.  Even zombies aren't stupid enough to look for brains in this place!
Steve Condrey
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »

When the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm hiding at work.  Even zombies aren't stupid enough to look for brains in this place!

In that case, with the number of inbred white trash morons I live around I'm safe doing absolutely nothing.  Either no zombies will go near this town or the onslaught is already happening...I can't decide which.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »

I always wondered - what happens to zombies in the winter?  If a living person walks around outside with no coat and it's about 10 or 20 degrees, they eventually freeze, and then they freeze solid.;  I would think it would be even worse for zombies, being dead in the first place. 

Do I need to worry about zombies in Minnesota in the winter? 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »

I always wondered - what happens to zombies in the winter?  If a living person walks around outside with no coat and it's about 10 or 20 degrees, they eventually freeze, and then they freeze solid.;  I would think it would be even worse for zombies, being dead in the first place. 

That's got me thinking, wouldn't zombies eventually rot away, especially the brain, after a couple weeks?  Considering tha amount of abuse the dead flesh would take from nature and people, a zombie apocalypse could last maybe a month if people play it smart.  A year if all the people left were the one's who figured out what to do instead of running around like a bunch of idiots.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 07:15:52 PM »

Do I need to worry about zombies in Minnesota in the winter? 

Good point.  They should freeze - unless they were created by a chemical that also functions as antifreeze.  At least the odds are in your favor that a zombie-causing chemical would not also convey antifreeze properties.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Kutter
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:30:08 AM »

And always remember, if your signifigant other has an issue with you stockpiling for a zombie apocolypse, you can always use another (less terrifying) disaster as an excuse.  Hurricanes work well if you live in a coastal state, as the preparations are nearly identical.  Other kinds of wind storms also work, though they might need some logical twisting (your house probably isn't gonna stand up to a tornado, no matter how well the windows are boarded).  Wildfires and earthquakes can be harder to rationalize, in which case you need to gloss over the actual disaster and focus on the possible lawlessness and lack of basic services immediately following it.

Also, a generator seems like an attractive option during the zombie attack, but I would skip it.  The noise will draw zombies for miles, and gasoline neither stores very long or will be easy to get.  Plus, you'll have to keep the thing outside, which is where you don't want to be going. 

Now if I could only keep people from relying on them after storms so that I don't have to wait in 2 hour gas lines to buy gas so I can get to work.
Terf
Bad Movie Lover

I wish I could be as popular as you think you are.

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 01:09:38 AM »

That's got me thinking, wouldn't zombies eventually rot away, especially the brain, after a couple weeks?  Considering the amount of abuse the dead flesh would take from nature and people, a zombie apocalypse could last maybe a month if people play it smart.  A year if all the people left were the one's who figured out what to do instead of running around like a bunch of idiots.

That's true. Unless Romero or Russo intended the zombies to be able live forever, logically they'd eventually die with no new flesh or brains to consume. The trick is to blast your way out of any cities and get into the wilderness or the Arctic Circle...

Things could be worse; you could be twins.
Tuan Jim
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »

"World War Z" by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks  Buggedout) covers frozen zombies and surviving in the Great White North pretty well (supposed to be adapted to a film someday).

Corned beef hash isn't one of the current 24 MRE "flavors" - thank God!
Phantazm
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 07:18:41 PM »

Hmmmmmmm.... so the hot MILF is now a naked zombie.... but she's still hot... Couldn't I just trap her, wash her, gag her and tie her hands and feet and have my way with her and then cave her head in with a hammer?

Disturbing as that sounds, I don't think it quite qualifies as "necrophilia."  Congratulations!  You just discovered a new disorder.  Or fetish.  Or something.  I'm gonna name it after you, but I call dibs on the next one. TeddyR
DTVidman
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »

You know, everyone is worried about surviving the zombie apocalypse, yet I find worrying about fleshy-headed mutants to be more of a worry.  Zombies are slow, self-decaying (except in the case of the aforementioned WORLD WAR Z), and can be dealt with more readily I think with a more mobile-mindedness.  I suggest a vehicle that is well suited for a long haul.  A gas truck will do.  It carries its own supply of fuel, is slow but steady, and is damned hard to get into if you have complete function of your body (worse I'm sure if you are a stumbling dead thing that announces itself with a moan and the sickly-sweet smell of decay).  But fleshy-headed mutants.  Man, those things are going to be a real problem.  I used this excuse for everything with my first wife (which may explain why she isn't still my wife, though we're shockingly good friends now) from stockpiles of old Famous Monsters of Filmland magazines to why we shouldn't throw away our old clothes when we grew out of them.  Fleshy-headed mutants, guys.  I'm telling you, it's something to think about.
DoctorMcShocker
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »

While the hammer is effective, I personally think it is much better to always carry an array of different sized crowbars. Also everyone needs a crossbow.
whitelion43
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:13 AM »

There are alien, werewolf, vampire, and even Innsmouth plans in the future.  All of them need more work.  I just got rolling with the zombie plan part 2, so I went with it.
  I need all of these things as I live in a seaside town. also I need a Kaiju plan as well
             David G

Where's Glen(Amazing Collosal Man, MST3K version)
Pacman000
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

Hmmmmmmm.... so the hot MILF is now a naked zombie.... but she's still hot... Couldn't I just trap her, wash her, gag her and tie her hands and feet and have my way with her and then carve her head in with a hammer?

As was already pointed out, I would be concerned that zombism was an STD. 

Also, if possible, we need to get an old Greyhound bus, and put on some acoutrements to allow us to ram through the hordes of zombies, whilst making a food run/getaway...

But what about the vampire plan? Too hard? I mean, if they follow convention, it should be easy to get them
before nightfall, correct? Maybe I need to rent '30 Days of Night' and get some clues...

The military has some offroad 4 wheel drive buses that look like the standard yellow schoolbuses everyone knows.  Those would probably be even better.

There are alien, werewolf, vampire, and even Innsmouth plans in the future.  All of them need more work.  I just got rolling with the zombie plan part 2, so I went with it.

I have a question... Why do zombies always go for human brains? Why don't we ever see them take down a cow? That could be hellafunny!

They went after pet brains in Return of the Living Dead Part 2.  Still, seeing a horde of zombie tipping and then munching on a cow would be pretty funny.

If  you live in a TWO story house with no external stairs, you can leave an upper floor window unboarded, with a rope ladder for escape/foraging expeditions.

\BTW, can zombies get through goat fencing?  If they're lousy fence climbers, I am GOLDEN!

Going up is always a plan, but jumping out of a window worries me.  I keep thinking about people doing crowd dives at concerts, and that is not something you would want to do into a zombie mob.  Sure, they might hold you up above their heads and pass you around - so each one of them can rip off a morsel as you pass by.

You could pour hot/corrosive liquid on them.  They should feel pain; it would protect them. As such they should know to get away from the nut pouring stuff out of the upstairs window.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 09:36:38 AM »

After some thought I decided to best place to be in the event of a zombie outbreak would be a caretakers house in a cemetary. Its going to be pretty hard for them to dig up through 6 feet of earth, not to mention its not going to be easy to escape the coffin with limited space to gain leverage. All the graveyards around here have walls around them and fairly solid gates preventing random wandering zombies from strolling in. And in the middle of a zombie apocalypse who else is going to think of hiding out in the middle of a nest of them? So other people trying to steal your supplies should be less of a problem too. If you do start seeing any signs of zombies escaping from the grave a headstone makes a great improvised weapon to push over onto them. You'd also have a fair bit of space to go wandering around in so you wouldn't be stuck in the house which could be used to grow food in.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Misc Comments  |  Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 2) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.