Main Menu

VHS tapes that will never be on DVD...

Started by Nukie 2, March 07, 2009, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

yeah no.

BUREINPARESU

It's been available without the riff track for a few years now I think.

Kester Pelagius

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)

Ometiklan

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.

Doggett

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.

Kester Pelagius

Don't think I've ever heard of Space Zombie Bingo.  Is it as bad as the title makes it sound?

A few more rarities no one probably cares enough about to release to DVD. . .

Admittedly there's a few in the above I've no idea what are so it's possible they've had a DVD release under some other title.  And, in case anyone is curious, Altar is AKA Turkish Conan.

Mofo Rising

Blood Hook was released as a Troma Triple B-Header, along with Blades and Zombie Island Massacre. The video quality was terrible, but it was an official DVD release.

I kind of enjoyed Blades and Blood Hook. The other, though, that was a stinker.

I'd like to see a DVD of Dead End Drive-In.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

hellbilly

Dead End Drive In was released by Anchor Bay a couple of years ago. I own the disc, gorgeous widescreen transfer on that one  :smile:

Space Zombie Bingo!!! was released by Brentwood through their Toxie's Triple Terror series in a collaboration with Troma. I own the entire set. Space Zombie Bingo will cause brain explosions most likely. That one was really hard to sit through  :bluesad:

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Mofo Rising on August 06, 2009, 03:29:15 AM
Blood Hook was released as a Troma Triple B-Header, along with Blades and Zombie Island Massacre. The video quality was terrible, but it was an official DVD release.

I've heard that many, if not all, of the Troma DVD releases have been crap.  It's like the company doesn't even care about video quality.

Quote from: hellbilly on August 06, 2009, 03:45:02 AM
Dead End Drive In was released by Anchor Bay a couple of years ago. I own the disc, gorgeous widescreen transfer on that one  :smile:

Huh.  I was almost 90% sure that one wasn't on DVD.

Space Zombie Bingo!!! was released by Brentwood through their Toxie's Triple Terror series in a collaboration with Troma. I own the entire set. Space Zombie Bingo will cause brain explosions most likely. That one was really hard to sit through  :bluesad:
[/quote]

Ah.  That explains it.  I steered clear of those Troma releases.  So, you have it on DVD, eh? 

pixplsthnx

:cheers:

hellbilly

Quote from: Kester Pelagius on August 06, 2009, 08:46:04 AM
So, you have it on DVD, eh?  

Yep.
I believe those Triple Terror Sets are OOP now. I bought mine three years ago for $9.95 each. Quality ain't great but it was worth it because they included Nightmare Weekend (1986), Epitaph (1987), Play Dead (1986), The House On Tombstone Hill (1991), Rana: The Legend Of Shadow Lake (1975) and Beyond Evil (1980). Cheesetastic trash, they are always fun to watch  :thumbup:

voltron

Quote from: Me on July 30, 2009, 03:17:06 PM
Quote from: voltron on July 28, 2009, 03:31:12 PM
Scream (1981?) will probably never make it to DVD.

Code Red is gonna release this.

While I have to give Code Red a big thumbs up for unearthing forgotten slashers, Scream has to be the most pointless movie I ever had the displeasure of watching. Bleeding Skull declared it the worst slasher ever (and if you know Bleeding Skull, it's got to be pretty awful), I mean, a buch of old farts in a ghost town getting killed (mostly offscreen), then...I don't know, was it supposed to be a ghost pirate or something....AAAGGHH..just thinking about this "movie" makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Kester Pelagius on August 05, 2009, 11:37:56 PM

"F... AND LOTS OF IT" is on DVD.  I imagine many of the others are available in unsanctioned versions; SPERMULA certainly is.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Psycho Circus

voltron

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"

inframan

Quote from: Venomx on July 28, 2009, 03:44:49 PM
The uncut ver. of Gamera vs. Guiron. I have the old vhs tape and it's longer and has lots of blood in it.

New DVD Example ... Guiron fights Space Gyaos when the kids first crash land. Guiron deflects Space Gyaos lasers, hits Space Gyaos leg then Space Gyaos flys away with 1 leg, end of fight.

Old VHS Example ... The fight is much better imo, starts out the same but after Gyaos leg is cut off, Guiron jumps at Gyaos and cuts off his wing, lots of blood, then Guiron walks up to the injured Gyaos and cuts of the head! wait, now it gets good. The kids from Earth just watch in horror as Guiron cuts up Gyaos in 3 parts! blood everywhere, Guiron picks up some of the slop and smells it then throws it away like it stinks.

No joke my vhs tape has all that on it, and it's in English.

Is the DVD version called Attack of the Monsters? If so thats the old AIP dubbed version, the vs VHS is the Sandy Frank dubbed version, worse dubbing but less editing.

I'd like to see the MST3K Gamera's on DVD but I heard that Sandy Frank wants too much money for them. apparently hes p**sed at the show for making fun of him personally, the guy cant take a joke.