Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2015, 04:31:23 PM
553756 Posts in 42211 Topics by 5420 Members
Latest Member: Fighter_Wine
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Superhuman Barom 1 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Superhuman Barom 1  (Read 798 times)
Gene Worm
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 14, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »

I found a really bad TV show that should get reviewed! I have the old DVD set of it, it's called "Superhuman Barom 1". An  early 70s' Tokusatsu, that was a live adaption to a Manga called "Baromuwan".  Cheers

It is absolutely hilarious. Basically, an old young man called "Kopu" (who later suffers from a random self-combustion) gives two boys (Kintaro and Takeshi) a little machine that allows them to turn into a superhero called "Barom 1". The device also blinks when there is a monster around! The main antagonist is a big shadow alien man with horns, called "Doruge" that makes a hysterical "Yololololololo" sound. Basically, Doruge summons monsters for each episode either by changing people into them, or an object or non-human creature into them or by simply having them appear out of thin air.

The monsters in the show include a mushroom man called that turns people into giant toadstool mushrooms that turn into vampire/ghoul people at night. A giant hand with legs and a hairy skirt with an eye on its index finger, and its power is to extend its middle finger to strangle people. And a cyclopean strand of hair that looks like a cornstalk that can extend its arms.

All the monsters also happen to explode upon death (except for Doruge and the other monsters' combatants, the Antomen, which are shadow people covered in white (sometimes rainbow) swirls). And every antagonist has a goofy sound! The Antomen go "Hee-hee", the hand goes "Fingaaa!", the hair goes "Gigigigigigi!" and much more! The show is so stupidly unrealistic, that it is a MUST SEE.  Thumbup BounceGiggle

There is a basic episode guide with little to no details on "The TVDB".

Let me know what you think!  Smile
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »

Seems to be only a few clips on youtube.  There's a lot that are written in Japanese so I looked and found only one or two real good clips. I'm assuming this is what the op is talking about.
! No longer available Small | Large

Gotta love those catchy tokusatu theme songs.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:08:48 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

In 1991, when The People's Court ratings started to slip, Judge Wapner reinstated the death penalty-Late Show Fun Fact
Gene Worm
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:25:38 PM »

The song in that video seems to be a karaoke. The real OP song doesn't have that voice, but both are just as catchy. You can actually find really good images and clips, just by looking it up by its Japanese name (バロム・1). There are even quite a few full episodes on YouTube (from 1 to 10). By copying and pasting the Japanese name into the search on a site called "Mandarake", you can actually find a complete DVD set of the show, which I happen to have. I'm pretty sure it's original. There's also a bootleg one that shows up on eBay every now and then, if you just search it in English.

I wish I could send you the awesome clips I found but for some reason (probably some policy for recent accounts), the site won't allow me to post any form of link. Even if it's an image. I tried the buttons above the text box for a topic, and it still won't allow me to post it.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 04:55:23 PM »

I wish I could send you the awesome clips I found but for some reason (probably some policy for recent accounts), the site won't allow me to post any form of link. Even if it's an image. I tried the buttons above the text box for a topic, and it still won't allow me to post it.

Yeah, that's board policy.  What is it?  I think you need 100 posts or something like that before you can post videos.   I can't remember off the top of my head.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

In 1991, when The People's Court ratings started to slip, Judge Wapner reinstated the death penalty-Late Show Fun Fact
Gene Worm
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 10:10:42 PM »

Yeah, that's board policy.  What is it?  I think you need 100 posts or something like that before you can post videos.   I can't remember off the top of my head.

I boy, guess I better get posting. Anyways, I placed all of the good clips and episodes I found at cheesybadkaiju . blogspot . com / 2015 / 06 / superhuman-barom-1 . html

Just copy and paste that into the URL search, and remove all of the spaces. Yeah, I know I sort of cheated the policy of no links.
Gene Worm
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 12:33:48 PM »

Seems to be only a few clips on youtube.  There's a lot that are written in Japanese so I looked and found only one or two real good clips. I'm assuming this is what the op is talking about.
! No longer available

Gotta love those catchy tokusatu theme songs.

Hey, I finally found the original OP and ED theme song. Just turn the xs in this URL into ts. Should work.

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e74xlf7vsPs
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Superhuman Barom 1 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.