Main Menu

most hated movies

Started by bob, April 14, 2011, 07:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Bauer

Mac & Me, Gamer, Transformers, and Dodgeball.

bob

when I started this thread back in April I listed the Wizard of Oz and haven't seen it since I was a kid

currently I'm giving Oz another shot because I hated musicals as a kid no matter, what but recently enjoyed the hell out of Singin in the Rain.....

not even 40 minutes in this is annoying the hell out of me and I'm debating ejecting it.

Edit: I ended up ejecting it a little over an hour into it.
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: bob on September 26, 2011, 12:43:37 PM
when I started this thread back in April I listed the Wizard of Oz and haven't seen it since I was a kid

currently I'm giving Oz another shot because I hated musicals as a kid no matter, what but recently enjoyed the hell out of Singin in the Rain.....

not even 40 minutes in this is annoying the hell out of me and I'm debating ejecting it.

Bob, I'm afraid I could make a list of my top 10 favorites out of a list of your most hated films... I seem to remember you've also listed 2001 and THE PRODUCERS as among your most despised.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

bob

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 26, 2011, 04:29:55 PM
Quote from: bob on September 26, 2011, 12:43:37 PM

Bob, I'm afraid I could make a list of my top 10 favorites out of a list of your most hated films... I seem to remember you've also listed 2001 and THE PRODUCERS as among your most despised.

don't forget Magnolia and all 3 Lord of the Rings films :bouncegiggle:

I don't know why, but I find that incredibly funny
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Jim H

Most hated is probably a bit much, but I thought the Brave One was obnoxious because of its moral cowardice.  It tries to portray vigilantism as a bad thing at times, but refuses to go all the way and ends up seeming like they wouldn't go all the way for fear of alienating the audience who wants violence and bad guys to get whats coming to them.  If you're going to make a movie with a statement, MAKE A STATEMENT.

On the flipside of this, Heartbeat Detector (aka the Human Question in French, IIRC) is a rarity: a movie I found offensive.  Few movies truly offend me, but this one managed it.  It directly equates corporate downsizing to Nazi genocide.  Yeah.  And I'm someone who thinks a lot of corporations are run by awful, even evil people, but to compare firing someone to murdering an entire people is like spitting on a mass grave filled with 12 million people.

InformationGeek

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 26, 2011, 10:26:45 AM
Quote from: bob on September 25, 2011, 11:59:33 PM
Magnolia, North, Baby Geniuses, Caligula, Diaster Movie, Daddy Day Camp, Epic Movie

One of these things is not like the others...  :wink:

Oh! Oh Oh!  I've played this game before!  It's Caligula!  Do I get a cookie?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: InformationGeek on September 26, 2011, 06:49:45 PM
Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 26, 2011, 10:26:45 AM
Quote from: bob on September 25, 2011, 11:59:33 PM
Magnolia, North, Baby Geniuses, Caligula, Diaster Movie, Daddy Day Camp, Epic Movie

One of these things is not like the others...  :wink:

Oh! Oh Oh!  I've played this game before!  It's Caligula!  Do I get a cookie?

:wink:
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

JPickettIII

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///

akiratubo

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!

bob

just finished another one which made my list: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

another preachy save the environment film  :hatred:

akiratubo

Quote from: bob on September 28, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
just finished another one which made my list: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

EXCUSE ME?  Nausicaa is nothing less than one of the finest movies ever made.
Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!

bob

Quote from: akiratubo on September 28, 2011, 03:04:01 PM

and another person really likes something I hated.....this greatly amuses me each and everytime it has happens

InformationGeek

If you had a problem with that, I can't wait to see your head explode like in Scanners when you see Pom Poko.

Quote from: akiratubo on September 28, 2011, 03:04:01 PM

Me and akiratubo don't often see eye to eye on movies, but I'm with him on this one.  I love this movie and its in Top 20 favorite films of all time.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Criswell

Bob I think you need to look at the bigger picture when you watch films. You seem to hate a film instantly when it has just one thing you don't like or disagree with. Honestly it seems kinda childish.

Nausicaa is a brilliant work of animation. Sure I have a few problems with the character and a few of the story points, but its an amazing movie.

bob

it was more then just that

it felt like paint by numbers clichéd movie to me

I needed 7 breaks, I repeat 7 breaks to finish this

the only thing I liked was the animation, which I openly admit was specatcular