Main Menu

What Superhero Movie would You Want?

Started by InformationGeek, April 01, 2012, 12:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flick James

Phenono Man, but that's because it' a superhero of my creation and if it were made into a movie it would mean that I was absurdly successful in the entertainment industy.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

AndyC

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

SynapticBoomstick

If any superhero movie would work today, it would be a new Swamp Thing movie - done correctly, of course. The eco-politics today are ripe for it!
Kleel's rule is harsh :-B

Frank81

Quote from: tracy1963 on April 02, 2012, 12:55:25 PM
Quote from: Frank81 on April 02, 2012, 12:43:32 PM
Quote from: tracy1963 on April 02, 2012, 12:39:06 PM
Another vote for Wonder Woman....she is a great character and deserves a good live-action film. And please don't let the people who did Green Hornet do it.

There  was one being made last  year.. here's  a  photo... :tongueout:     I don't know what happened. The problem is  female  Superheroes  don't have the same fan base, although, I never  understood  why since  comic  books  have always  been mostly a  male  medium?  :question:
Hmmm...must say she looks like a teenager going to a costume party dressed as Wonder Woman,not an Amazon warrior princess. I still wish they'd used Lucy Lawless when she was in Zena.
I see your point about comics being a mostly male-donimated area. But I think if the movies they made were worthy of the female character they'd do well. :wink:

True, like the last Superman looked more like  Superboy. :twirl: 

InformationGeek

Quote from: SynapticBoomstick on April 05, 2012, 07:39:49 PM
If any superhero movie would work today, it would be a new Swamp Thing movie - done correctly, of course. The eco-politics today are ripe for it!

Not to mention how the successful the current run is of that title.  I say we are definitely ready for a new Swamp Thing.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

HappyGilmore

Well, I've long wanted an Avengers film, and it's happening soon.

One I'd like to see, but not really a 'superhero', is a Doctor Strange film.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

tracy

Quote from: HappyGilmore on April 10, 2012, 11:02:46 PM
Well, I've long wanted an Avengers film, and it's happening soon.

One I'd like to see, but not really a 'superhero', is a Doctor Strange film.
So would my daughter,Sarah.
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

alandhopewell

I'm looking forward to THE AVENGERS, but they left out MY favorite Assembler....

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

Chainsawmidget

I think Pixar could do something really awesome with Antman. 

And no wifebeating jokes.  Please.

66Crush

At this point what's left? Plastic Man, maybe? Get Ryan Reynolds a pair of Elvis shades and viola! Nobody said it has to be good.

RCMerchant

MILK and CHEESE!

Ok-thy're not heros...but there super!

Written and animated by Evan Dorkin too! All the hate and blood !

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ChaosTheory

Quote from: Chainsaw midget on April 02, 2012, 06:15:27 AM
I'd love to see The Tick.

That's just what I was coming to post  :cheers:
Also Earthworm Jim, but that ain't gonna happen.

A  *real* Spirit movie would be nice.

Not technically a superhero I guess, but I would love to see Samurai Jack on the big screen with the Tartakovsky animation style.
Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me

andrehny

Quote from: InformationGeek on April 10, 2012, 04:32:54 PM
Quote from: SynapticBoomstick on April 05, 2012, 07:39:49 PM

Not to mention how the successful the current run is of that title.  I say we are definitely ready for a new Swamp Thing.

Swamp Thing would be great.

I like Animal Man too.

Ozzymandias

Ozzymandias speaks: Not really interested in a film version, but there should be an Inferior Five cartoon. It should have retro feel to it. The characters must also play instruments and sing a bubble gum rock song at some point in the show. Also when the villain is being lead off to jail by the police he/she must say "I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those mediling kids.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!

zombie no.one

Never-Gets-His-Sweater-Snagged-On-Door-Handles Man

this is a superhero of my own creation that I aspire to be, but deep down know I will never achieve his powers. so bringing him to life in movie form would be the next best thing
please do not mock my potato.