Main Menu

Can't post links/Seeing blank posts

Started by Rev. Powell, March 09, 2014, 03:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

Andrew,

I'm having two separate (possibly related) problems that just started today.

One, when trying to respond to a post, if I include links (to my own site or another) I can't post anything. I get an error message stating "The message body was left empty."

Second, I am seeing a lot of blank posts throughout the site. Sometimes they contain links, sometimes not. If I "quote" or "modify" them I can see the text.

Here's an example (I have to break up the url or I'll get the error message I mentioned above): www. badmovies. org/ forum/ index.php?topic=141259.0

On that page, I can't see anything at all that I have posted---it's all blank. I can see Josso's posts, and I can see my original text when he quotes it.

Any ideas? Have I been flagged as a spammer?
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Josso

I see it too, possibly an SQL issue?

Without seeing the logs it's hard to say but as I could see it before it's just a guess

edit: google tends to  point towards encoding compatibility issues, test™ // ~~ ╚ µ

Andrew

Looking now, with both my account and the test account I cannot see what you describe.  Is it still happening to you?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Josso

The problem seems to have disappeared for me

:question:

ulthar

Does seem fixed now, but for completeness it was doing similar blanks for pm's.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius

Rev. Powell

Back to normal, I guess it was just a weird network thing. Carry on.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Jack

I had the same thing a day or two ago, several posts in a thread would be blank.  But it seems to be back to normal now.
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

RCMerchant

I cant post videos either-something is goofy. I mean today is march 10th-I wanted to post a song for All Hallows-but I cant?
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant