Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:49:01 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600639 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »

Terrifier - This had a bit of the classic slasher movie vibe, but the main actress is annoying and unlikeable and in retrospect it all makes very little sense. opening scene was really strong

2.5/5
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:01:06 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
claws
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2020, 03:53:14 PM »

Underwater (2020)

At the bottom of the ocean researchers experience an earthquake (seaquake?) and strange lifeforms attacking their damaged facilities.

Sci-fi horror that borrows from Alien (1979). With a budget of $80m Underwater looks great but Kristen Stewart looks ...weird. Underwater delivers the goods at times and has a decent cast, creepy sea creatures and dazzling special effects but the film somehow still feels uneven and rushed. It kinda needed a final polish, and one has to wonder why Underwater was shelved for three years. For a double feature it makes for an entertaining warm up paired with Life (2017) as both are similar in character. My rating: 3.5/5
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:52:43 PM by claws » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2020, 10:23:34 PM »

JOHN WICK 3: PARABELLUM   Keanu Reeves is back as the world's deadliest assassin in this third movie of the series.  This time they pretty much dispensed with all pretense of a plot and simply got straight to the killing; Wick has been declared "Excommunicado" and is being hunted all over the world.  Lots of blood, bullets, and bad acting.  The first installment was fun and entertaining, the second one had its moments, this one was just plain tiresome by the end. 2.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2020, 05:55:13 AM »

Byzantium (2012)

A mother and daughter vampire couple are hunted down by the other vampires because they have broken the Code of the Brotherhood (mainly by being women). This is an original take on vampire lore (including a pretty convoluted way of becoming a vampire), the effects of immortality and the attempts to escape to a better life. Well worth seeing and beautifully filmed.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2020, 07:07:27 AM »

"Nightwatch" (1997)
A young law student (Ewan McGregor) takes a new job as the night watchman at the city morgue. Meanwhile, a necrophiliac serial killer is carving up local prostitutes and leaving clues at the scenes that point to McGregor's character. Can he clear his name before the psycho strikes again?
A fairly "meh" horror/thriller that wishes it was "Seven," apparently based on a Danish film from a few years earlier. Skippable.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
chainsaw midget

« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2020, 09:14:25 AM »

The Best Little Whore House in Texas. 
Bury Reynolds is a good ol' boy Sheriff with a  temper and a regular patron of The Chicken Ranch.  The Chicken Ranch is local Whorehouse that's seen by the town, the sheriff, and the Mayor as providing an importan community service.  It's run by strict standards by Dolly Parton as place where people can go for "good clean wholesome fun".  When a TV expose reporter, played by Dom DeLuise, sets his sights on shutting it down for ratings, the sherrif has to fight to keep it open. 

It's not a great movie, but it's fun.  There's a few good musical numbers in it.  I especially like the governor singing "sidestep." 

It's a nice fun movie with a title that might put some people off, but nothing too out there. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »

ESCAPE FROM THE 'LIBERTY' CINEMA (1990): A Communist censor is increasingly frustrated when the characters in a movie refuse to play their parts and start talking back to the audience instead. It's Poland's glasnost version of THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO---the filmmakers steal from Woody Allen's film as literally as you could imagine, but with a political purpose in mind. Unpredictable. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »

Terrifier - This had a bit of the classic slasher movie vibe, but the main actress is annoying and unlikeable and in retrospect it all makes very little sense. opening scene was really strong

2.5/5

Is that the one with the clown cutting the woman in half at the start? I keep meaning to track that one down.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2020, 04:28:31 PM »

"The Devil's Rejects" (2005)
In the follow up to Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses," the mass murdering Firefly "family's" home base is raided by police, which sends Capt. Spaulding (Sid Haig), Baby (Sheri Moon Zombie) and Otis (Bill Mosely) on the run through the Texas badlands -- pursued by a revenge-obsessed sheriff (William Forsythe) who might be just as crazy as they are. This ultra-violent, action packed and occasionally quite funny ode to Rob's favorite grindhouse splatter flicks of the '70s is a vast improvement over the first movie.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »

Alex - yeah it's on Netflix instant. That was a high point for sure
chainsaw midget

« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2020, 09:44:01 PM »

2.5/5

Is that the one with the clown cutting the woman in half at the start? I keep meaning to track that one down.
Yeah, it's the one with the black and white clown.  I love the clown's design but the movie itself felt like it needed more substance to it.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2020, 12:10:03 PM »

The Girl Next Door - this was the 07 horror movie not the one with the girl from 24.

I got about halfway through and saw where it was going. not for me _ / 5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2020, 12:50:05 PM »

LINCOLN (2013) - Rewatched one of my favorite films of all time last night; Spielberg's screenplay is brilliant and highly accurate, and Daniel Day Lewis brings Abraham Lincoln back to life with eerie authenticity.  Great supporting cast, especially Tommy Lee Jones as Thaddeus Stevens and Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln.  The focus of the film is on the legal battle to get the 13th Amendment through Congress before the end of the war, to make sure slavery was abolished forever, and how Lincoln used every political trick in the book to get the votes he needed to accomplish what he called the "King's Cure" for the evil of slavery.  One of my favorite films of all time, and I still tear up at the end.  5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2020, 07:10:13 PM »

Boo!
claws
« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2020, 12:45:26 AM »

Color Out of Space (2019)

A family of hipster farmers (the mother works from home from her computer, the daughter is sort of into the occult and they have Alpacas in the barn) encounter a meteorite that lands in their front yard. Soon enough a purple, pink and blue nightmare begins.

British director Richard Stanley (Dust Devil, Hardware) returns to the big screen with his version of H.P. Lovecraft's tale of madness from outer space. It is quite trippy and Nicolas Cage certainly adds to the insanity. This is beautifully shot with amazing color f/x. The plot doesn't always run smoothly but that's just a minor issue. If anything, it proves that Richard Stanley hasn't lost his skills at making good cult movies. I'm sure Color Out of Space already has a following. 4/5
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.