Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:10:42 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600788 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1530 on: November 19, 2021, 03:29:22 PM »

Scream 4 - going way off the beaten path with this artsy black and white political drama from Latvia. No, its another entry into this franchise. I think I saw the first one, but I'm not sure. I'm not really a franchise kinda guy. Wes Craven seems to be saying "Well you wanted another one and here it is". It kind of restates a lot of the stuff about horror movie cliches from the first one and is generally in that weird horror comedy space that it I guess created. huh? yeah like I said I'm not a franchise kind of guy.

On the one hand it's entertaining and whats her name still looks good. On the other hand its not really a movie in the way I've come to know them. or maybe that  Netflix computer generated horror short with Mr Puzzle ruined all this stuff for me.

Also, there is really nothing in the way of cinematography. The only time they venture outside the house area is to a barn I mean you've made it to the 4th thing how about some decent shots of some stuff?

3/5 cold mechanical generally okay

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1531 on: November 19, 2021, 11:02:02 PM »

"Barb Wire" (1996)
Set in a post-apocalyptic 2017 (hah!), this mostly forgotten action flick stars Pamela Anderson as Dark Horse Comics' stacked, leather-clad, butt kicking bounty hunter (huntress?) who gets mixed up in a plot to help a scientist escape the clutches of the new fascist government. Stuff crashes, bullets fly, things explode.
Pamela can't act worth a damn, but that's OK cuz this movie doesn't require her to do much more than stand around in skimpy outfits, pout, and shoot people. The supporting cast is bland and the story is a muddle, so unless you're an obsessed Pamela fan, you can safely skip this one.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1532 on: November 20, 2021, 03:59:48 AM »

"Barb Wire" (1996)
Set in a post-apocalyptic 2017 (hah!), this mostly forgotten action flick stars Pamela Anderson as Dark Horse Comics' stacked, leather-clad, butt kicking bounty hunter (huntress?) who gets mixed up in a plot to help a scientist escape the clutches of the new fascist government. Stuff crashes, bullets fly, things explode.
Pamela can't act worth a damn, but that's OK cuz this movie doesn't require her to do much more than stand around in skimpy outfits, pout, and shoot people. The supporting cast is bland and the story is a muddle, so unless you're an obsessed Pamela fan, you can safely skip this one.

Don't forget this is a remake of Casablanca.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1533 on: November 20, 2021, 09:00:03 AM »

Scream 4 - going way off the beaten path with this artsy black and white political drama from Latvia.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle I needed that, thanks.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1534 on: November 20, 2021, 09:23:25 AM »

THE MADS: A NIGHT OF SHORTS (1): Frank and Trace take on vintage educational shorts about listening, making friends, exercise, getting dates, Halloween safety, and being a kid in a town full of pedophiles (!) The after-show guest is Svengoolie (the actor, not the banned poster). This is the best episode of the Mads I've seen; shorts suit their style. This is being rebroadcast tonight, so it's your last chance to see (and download) it. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1535 on: November 20, 2021, 11:35:24 PM »

SHIVERS DOWN YOUR SPINE - This was a freebie on Amazon Prime, and worth every penny.  A bored single guy finds a golden lamp in his microwave, rubs the side, and out pops a topless genie with sexy tattoos!  After telling her to cover up (moron!), he winds up blowing his first wish on a stupid sandwich, and then decides to wish for her to tell him some stories - and so the anthology emerges!  Several different stories, some good, some better, none are just plain awful.  This was cheaply done but really pretty fun overall; the actors made up in enthusiasm what they lacked in skill, and some of the girls were pretty cute.  Overall, I've paid much more for much worse.  I'll give it a 4/5.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1536 on: November 21, 2021, 09:46:33 AM »

"Bloody Birthday" (1981)
Three seemingly innocent kids, all born on the same day during a lunar eclipse, begin to exhibit murderous tendencies as they approach their mutual 10th birthday, killing off anyone unlucky enough to get in their way - even their own family members.
A delightfully sleazy combo of the slasher and killer-kid genres, the young actors appear to be having lots of fun playing the murderous tots. Watch for future MTV comedienne Julie "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun" Brown as the slutty older sister of one of the psycho kids.

"Machete" (2010)
A former Mexican federale (Danny Trejo) is hired to assassinate an anti-immigration U.S. senator (Robert DeNiro), but he gets double crossed and spends the rest of the movie chopping and shooting his way through countless bad guys and blowing up half of Texas in order to clear his name.
Robert Rodriguez' hilariously over-the-top "Grindhouse" spin off is tons of cartoony, gory, ultra violent fun. Trejo is his usual deadpan badass self, the supporting cast is fantastic (DeNiro, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Don Johnson, Jeff Fahey), and there's plenty of eye candy (Jessica Alba, god DAMN!). Turn off your brain and enjoy the ride.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1537 on: November 21, 2021, 10:06:03 AM »

Seven Golden Men (Sette uomini d'oro - 1965)

An international gang of seven gangsters (and a femme fatale) break into a Swiss way in an extremely convoluted way to steal seven tons of gold. They get away with it, but double and triple crosses follow.

There is not a lot there. The main part of the movie is the heist itself, and consists mainly of elaborate procedures being painstakingly filmed. There are some hiccups on the way, but overcoming these is super easy, barely an inconvenience. The characters hardly interact and there is no action to speak of. You do get a good view of some of the landmarks of Rome at the end, and Rossana Podesta is stunning throughout as the femme fatale Giorgia.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1538 on: November 21, 2021, 10:56:29 PM »

"Murderers' Row" (1966)
Second film in the "Matt Helm" spy-spoof series, with Dean Martin as the swingin' super spy trying to track down a missing scientist before his solar weapon can be used to turn Washington, D.C. into a crispy wasteland. As usual, Dean smirks, drinks martinis, and macks on all the pretty girls while his stunt double does most of the work. Ann-Margret plays the damsel in distress. Probably the best of the 3 "Helm" films I've seen thus far. I guess  I'm gonna have to watch "The Ambushers" at some point just to finish out the series.

"Closed For Storm" (2020)
The guys behind the "Abandoned" series of YouTube urban-exploration videos make the jump to feature length documentaries with this study of Jazzland, aka Six Flags New Orleans, the amusement park that was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and was never reopened. Fifteen years later, the rotting park has become an irresistible magnet for vandals and thrill seekers, and a headache for the city and the residents who live nearby. Interviews with park employees, local politicians, and theme park enthusiasts mix with heartbreaking footage of the storm's damage and its lingering aftermath. Interesting stuff.

jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1539 on: November 22, 2021, 03:13:28 AM »

The all time classic King Kong vs Godzilla.
Jim H

« Reply #1540 on: November 22, 2021, 02:09:04 PM »

No Time To Die - Really nicely shot.  Good action scenes.  I liked Ana De Armas' brief screentime, that was fun.  But almost this entire movie is dour, it's like three hours long, and much of it is emotionally about a relationship that was DISASTROUSLY bad in Spectre.  This film can just not get out of Spectre's shadow, and it really damages it.  It is also WAY too long.  Basically this would probably have been a good send off for Craig's Bond, as he said this was his last, but when the set-up is terrible the ending can't really work.  Also the villain is weak and underwritten for such a long time.  I still don't understand what his plan even was really.  I dunno.  It's OK on balance I guess.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1541 on: November 23, 2021, 12:01:13 AM »

STORMSWEPT (1995)  A realtor is trapped in an old Southern mansion with a group of actors and actresses; an evil spirit infesting the house causes them to all act on their darkest sexual fantasies.  OK, it's a train wreck of a plot, but the girls are pretty and there's quite a bit of making out going on, and it's an ENTERTAINING train wreck!  2/5 on the regular movie scale, but a solid 4.5/5 on the bad movie scale!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1542 on: November 23, 2021, 11:33:20 AM »

UNDINE (2020): A diver falls in love with a mysterious, possibly deadly woman who works as a guide in a museum devoted to Communist architecture. The title implies a supernatural protagonist, but the film only half-heartedly commits to that premise, essentially using it as an underwhelming romantic metaphor. Beautiful underwater photography, though. 3/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1543 on: November 24, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »

AND THE SHIP SAILS ON (1983): Loaded with distinguished guests, a transatlantic luxury liner sets off to bury the ashes of a deceased opera diva on the island where she was born at the dawn of WWI. Fellini doesn't have much of a destination or purpose in mind for this journey--which is just a series of off-kilter comic sketches--but he does remember to load a rhino into the hold to keep you entertained. 3.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1544 on: November 24, 2021, 10:33:28 AM »

"Arena" (1989)
Set on a space station in the year 4083, a young Earthling trains to compete in the "Arena," an inter-galactic no-holds-barred fighting competition that hasn't been won by a human in fifty years.
A cool sci-fi cheapie from Charles Band's Empire Pictures, this is basically "Rocky" set on Deep Space Nine. For an obviously low budget movie, it's populated with an impressive amount of cool/weird looking aliens and creatures, and it's fun to watch the hero slug it out with them. Mindless fun.  

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.