Main Menu

Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection

Started by LilCerberus, June 30, 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paquita

Quote from: Trevor on November 29, 2023, 02:44:39 PM
Quote from: Alex on November 29, 2023, 02:32:00 PM

I promise not to take him into my favourite metal bar and play "How many JDs can you drink in 30 minutes" with him.

I'm wondering how old Sister Paquita's son is  :wink:

He's 5 which I hope is still below the drinking age in the UK. Although, he can probably beat someone in drinking chocolate milks in 30 minutes.

LilCerberus

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Trevor

Quote from: Paquita on November 29, 2023, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: Trevor on November 29, 2023, 02:44:39 PM
Quote from: Alex on November 29, 2023, 02:32:00 PM

I promise not to take him into my favourite metal bar and play "How many JDs can you drink in 30 minutes" with him.

I'm wondering how old Sister Paquita's son is  :wink:

He's 5 which I hope is still below the drinking age in the UK. Although, he can probably beat someone in drinking chocolate milks in 30 minutes.

:bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

He could certainly beat me at drinking chocolate milks: one down, that's me  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

LilCerberus

Tonight's stinker was Monster From The Ocean Floor (1954)
Rather corny opening
The ADR is all over the place
The scene with the shark is probably the most creative use of a kettle drum I've ever heard
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

LilCerberus

Since Monster From The Ocean Floor (1954) was so short, I decided to get The Navy vs. the Night Monsters (1966) outa my system.....
Not quite on par with other low budget man eating, walking tree movies.....

LilCerberus

Tonight's stinker, Night of the Blood Beast (1958)
Early on, I was thinking I'd seen it before, then realized that I had, and that's just how forgettable it was...
Pretty predictable; monster shows up, people are stranded, argue over whether they should kill it or talk to it...
Ends on a morally confusing note...

LilCerberus

LilCerberus

Tonight's stinker was The Hideous Sun Demon 1958
Very riffable & twice as forgettable

I think my only real interest in this movie was seeing segments of it in The Head Hunter (1988)

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

LilCerberus

LilCerberus

The walking rehab place I go to has a case with all these sculptures of hands.....
Always makes me think of that movie, You know the one.....

LilCerberus

Trevor

Quote from: LilCerberus on December 16, 2023, 09:28:08 PM
Tonight's stinker was The Hideous Sun Demon 1958
Very riffable & twice as forgettable

I think my only real interest in this movie was seeing segments of it in The Head Hunter (1988)

I was hoping it wasn't the South African subsidy film and now I see it is 😳😉

LilCerberus

^Y'mean Head Hunter?^
I thought HH was okay, albeit, it had mostly to do with the acting job of a cop who's losing his mind as a demon is playing with his head...
Didn't quite understand what the footage of Hideous Sun Demon had to do with anything...

Trevor

Quote from: LilCerberus on December 23, 2023, 03:09:45 PM
^Y'mean Head Hunter?^
I thought HH was okay, albeit, it had mostly to do with the acting job of a cop who's losing his mind as a demon is playing with his head...
Didn't quite understand what the footage of Hideous Sun Demon had to do with anything...

😁😁😁

Leonard Maltin said that the movie was set in a very strange looking Miami minus Latinos. I think that was because it was filmed in Durban 😉