Main Menu

Project: Nightmare (1987)

Started by claws, August 20, 2011, 11:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claws

Not sure what this movie was about. It starts with two men running away from something in the woods. They eventually find an isolated cabin with a woman inside. One of the guys has personal flashbacks and dreams/visions about, well, colorful computer graphics. Later they look for a nearby restaurant but its abandoned. Soon enough the remaining few people disappear into thin air and one of the guys is trying to escape with a Cessna.

There's a threat of doom and the unknown which has to do with a scientific experiment gone wrong that sucks people into another dimension I think.

Odd movie with a Twilight Zone feel that looks like it was made for TV in the late 70s based on quality, hair style and fashion. No blood, gore and violence except for a few disfigured faces. Some of the visual f/x appears to be drawn but are effective, plus you'll get a nice atmospheric rural outdoors setting.

Technically not Ed Wood bad but not really great to post as a good movie either. Rating: 3.75/5 and yeah, not available on DVD.

retrorussell

What an appropriate title that would be if the filming was plagued by production problems!
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

claws

Holy thread bump.

I have actually submitted this title to IMDb many years ago. I've checked the page recently and a few reviews have been posted since my submission, plus some interesting trivia. This was filmed as "Touchstone" in 1977 but wasn't released until the late 1980s where it went straight to VHS.

The director did a few more low budget movies -

Deadly Sunday (1982)
Murderlust (1985)
Housewife from Hell (1993)

I've seen the first two but didn't know they where from the Project Nightmare director.

Anyway, one reviewer pointed out that Cabin in the Woods was a rip off of this. They do share a similar plotline though.
Is it October yet?