Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

I want to get a pet dog and name him Shark. Then I will take him on long walks along the beach...
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Alex

I find it a little sad that with the decline of physical media, that if a streaming company pulls a movie or show off its service, that could be it gone for ever.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

lester1/2jr

I watched a possum die tonight. I was driving and saw a thing on the road so I pulled over. It was a possum in extremely rough shape. I didn't know what to do. I called animal control and tried to get someone to come down because it was still alive. I threw it some slices of orange, I have no idea what they eat but probably not orange. Eventually, it mounted an attempt to move somewhere but ultimately expired by the curb. RIP buddy

Rev. Powell

Quote from: lester1/2jr on January 13, 2024, 02:44:25 AM
I watched a possum die tonight. I was driving and saw a thing on the road so I pulled over. It was a possum in extremely rough shape. I didn't know what to do. I called animal control and tried to get someone to come down because it was still alive. I threw it some slices of orange, I have no idea what they eat but probably not orange. Eventually, it mounted an attempt to move somewhere but ultimately expired by the curb. RIP buddy

Tough one. I'd be tempted to euthanize it but not sure if I would or not.

https://youtu.be/hbwwZBQKKn4?si=irmK5s2E9zpZRFSb
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

LilCerberus

Quote from: lester1/2jr on January 13, 2024, 02:44:25 AM
They eat bugs.
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

LilCerberus

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Ultimately movies like Saw or Terrifier are little more than an edgy live-action Tom & Jerry.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Leah

As much as it is fun to point and laugh at the Dallas Cowboys losing in the playoffs I find it better that the Detroit Lions finally won a playoff game in 32 years. Literally the first time someone can send a text message saying that and it being true.
yeah no.

indianasmith

Snow in Texas today . . . something we rarely get.  School was already out for MLK day, and the pantry is fully stocked, so it's a good day to sit inside and do as little as possible.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Alex

Quote from: indianasmith on January 15, 2024, 09:28:35 AM
Snow in Texas today . . . something we rarely get.  School was already out for MLK day, and the pantry is fully stocked, so it's a good day to sit inside and do as little as possible.

The way things seem to be going, you might need to get used to it regularly. Didn't you have quite bad snow fall last year?
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on January 15, 2024, 09:28:35 AM

Nice: be safe and toasty 😊😊🐢
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Nevermind, it didn't look right and I just couldn't get used to it.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

ER

Wonder why Arsenal can't get its act together and stay on top? Last season was maddening and this season is following the same patterns.

Wait, where am I? Did I just post about Star Wars over on the Premier League message board?
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Life is like a penis. It is simple and fun until a woman comes along and makes it hard.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness