Main Menu

What TV Shows Are you Watching?

Started by Rev. Powell, January 25, 2022, 09:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

Seems like we used to have a thread like this. If not, we should. What are you watching (new or old, broadcast or streaming)?

I just started Netflix's "Archive 81" last night. Horror series about a man restoring old fired-samaged videotapes from the early 90s that hide... something (occult, I assume). A dual plot, as the hero has his own issues to deal with, and we watch the older story unfold videotape by videotape. A promising start.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Newt

Resident Alien.  Based on the comic book series.   They are doing a decent job of it.  Alan Tudyk is good.  Just odd  enough.
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Alex

Just finished season 15 of Supernatural and I am currently working my way through Sapphire & Steel as well as The Ghosts of Motley Hall.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

I tried to watch How I Met Your Father. I failed.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

ER

Yaaaaaaay! One of my all-time favorite shows growing up, Picket Fences, is on Hulu!
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

I just finished DEXTER: NEW BLOOD which I really enjoyed - a much better send-off for Dexter than the original series gave him.

And a very twisty Showtime series called YELLOWJACKETS which was very dark and compelling!

And my wife and I are enjoying THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Ticonderoga 64

The original DARK SHADOWS, DOCTOR WHO and BORIS KARLOFF'S THRILLER

HappyGilmore

Peaky Blinders
Riverdale
Walking Dead

Blinders I just started on Netflix. The other 3 are airing on tv and watch as they air.

Stranger Things starts in May so I'll resume that.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Alex

Into The Labyrinth, Sapphire & Steel, Friday the 13th the series.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Rev. Powell

Finished "Archive 81" (good, not great), and I'm back to finishing up the entire "Seinfeld" run (I'm on Season 7), finishing the last season of "12 Monkeys," and I need to watch the final two episodes of "The Mighty Boosh."

Rev. Powell

Having finished "The Mighty Boosh," I turned to a series I've been meaning to watch for decades: 1967-1968's "The Prisoner." It combines two things I love: Swinging 60s style (lava lamps EVERYWHERE) and Kafkaesque existential parables.

JuanSnz

I put 'V The Final Battle' on hold, until I found a good reason to resume the watching. Yes, even Jane Badler is not enough reason, at the moment, to keep watching the series.
So, I think I'm going to restart watching the season 2 of Family Guy. I don't know how far I will go through this.

Alex

Just finished The Book of Boba Fett.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

FatFreddysCat

The docu-series Secrets of Playboy on A&E.

Damn, ole Hef was into some seriously DANK s**t, yo!
Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on March 06, 2022, 11:06:31 AM
Having finished "The Mighty Boosh," I turned to a series I've been meaning to watch for decades: 1967-1968's "The Prisoner." It combines two things I love: Swinging 60s style (lava lamps EVERYWHERE) and Kafkaesque existential parables.

Dad always talked about The Prisoner but I never saw it until 2020: it freaked me out that a series which was made the year I was born could almost predict the future so well. I think Patrick McGoohan saw the future coming and he didn't like what he saw coming  :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.