Main Menu

Personal Questions

Started by RCMerchant, February 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: ER on May 29, 2023, 11:11:24 AM
When you are dipping/if you ever dipped out of a carton of Neapolitan ice cream, have you/would you scoop across all three flavors, or concentrate on one?

I do one at a time with a little bit of overhang at the edges. BTW I recommend Kroger Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwiches.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

chefzombie

sorry, i can't answer this since i can't eat ice cream, and my old guy would die before he ate strawberry anything, lol!
don't EVEN...EVER!

RCMerchant

What candy is the worst?
I'm going with Peeps and Kandy Korn.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

indianasmith

Anything with licorice.  That's a flavor I can't abide!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

^ I LOVE black licorce!
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Rev. Powell

I don't like anything marshmallow-based.

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on May 30, 2023, 08:37:00 PM
I don't like anything marshmallow-based.

Agreed: marshmallows taste like snot to me, always have. If its toasted on a stick then yes. Otherwise 😳
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

American candy is strange. I can understand why so many of my stateside friends and family get me to bring over stuff they can't get there. Kristi once sent me a bag of Hershey's hugs and kisses. When I tried one I seriously thought this was her way of telling me I was dumped. It tasted like someone had just vomited in my mouth. Because of the adverts in comics I'd read as a kid I'd always wanted to try Twinkies and Jolly Ranchers. When I did, I pretty much spat them straight back out.

I don't know if there are any candies worse tasting than any of those, but after those experiences, I gave up trying them. Good job the cheeseburgers made up for things (we are arranging for someone to have a Pace's Countryboy Double Burger waiting for me when I get off the plane).
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on May 31, 2023, 01:39:26 AM
American candy is strange. I can understand why so many of my stateside friends and family get me to bring over stuff they can't get there. Kristi once sent me a bag of Hershey's hugs and kisses. When I tried one I seriously thought this was her way of telling me I was dumped. It tasted like someone had just vomited in my mouth. Because of the adverts in comics I'd read as a kid I'd always wanted to try Twinkies and Jolly Ranchers. When I did, I pretty much spat them straight back out.

I don't know if there are any candies worse tasting than any of those, but after those experiences, I gave up trying them. Good job the cheeseburgers made up for things (we are arranging for someone to have a Pace's Countryboy Double Burger waiting for me when I get off the plane).

I don't know about candy but I once bought a bottle of root beer: ice cold on a hot day and I almost 🤢🤮😝
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Trevor on May 31, 2023, 03:38:24 AM
Quote from: Alex on May 31, 2023, 01:39:26 AM

I don't know about candy but I once bought a bottle of root beer: ice cold on a hot day and I almost 🤢🤮😝

Agreed on Twinkies, I have always found them pretty disgusting. The Hershey's kisses might have gone bad; I can see someone not liking them, but I can't see describing them as tasting like vomit. Jolly Ranchers are a bit sour and not my favorite, but they're OK. I guess root beer might be an acquired taste, but I expect Trevor didn't sample the highest quality bottle.

RCMerchant

I don't like Twinkies either. I enjoy a good bottle of root beer on occasion, but rarely drink soda pop.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Rev. Powell

Speaking of candy, what is a candy that is local to you that outsiders might not have tried? Here in KY we make bourbon balls, which are literally chocolates with liquid bourbon centers. Delicious but decadent.