Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:16:54 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023) trailer « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023) trailer  (Read 1865 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 08, 2023, 10:16:36 AM »

OMG and not in a good way: woke culture has sunk to another level and I don't mean the sewer.  Buggedout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZdaF2zMlM

SETH ROGEN is behind this?

April O'Neil is a person of colour now?

Hard pass on this one.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 03:43:12 AM »

This is the 5th time this franchises has been rebooted in little over a decade.

The Bay Turtle Movies
Batman vs. TMNT
Rise of the TMNT
and now this.

Time to give it a rest. I love the Turtles but it's time to let the franchise breath, take some time, get some new ideas and let the franchise evolve natural.

I really recommend The Last Ronin comic. With the original creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird returning, the story tells one of last Turtles getting revenge in a post apocalyptic setting.

chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 05:11:52 PM »

I'm not fond of that and I'm not fond of the Turtles looking like they're 12.
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 10:48:47 PM »

OMG and not in a good way: woke culture has sunk to another level and I don't mean the sewer.  Buggedout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZdaF2zMlM

SETH ROGEN is behind this?

Hard pass on this one.

Well, swapping that around in the various adaptations is not a new thing.  April was black in the cartoon not too long ago.  They also turned Baxter Stockman white in the original cartoon for some reason.

A lot of interesting characters in it from the comics and cartoon.  Never thought I'd see Wingnut and Mondo Gecko in a big screen adaptation.  Paul Rudd is voicing Mondo.

This new one has a stacked voice cast on that note, a lot of great people. Also, Jeff Rowe is the director who did Mitchells VS The Machines, which I quite liked.  I think the visual style looks cool.  I'm quite leery of the writer though, who is very mediocre and seems to just keep getting writing jobs because Rogen likes him.  

Kind of incredible how many different continuities of the TMNT there are now.  There must be what, a dozen in the past 40 years?

Honestly, the track record of the various adaptations has been pretty solid.  Almost all of them are at least decent.  The worst thing their name has been on is still TMNT3 and maybe that stupid rock concert show.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 03:45:48 AM »

I must be out of the loop because I don't really see how anything in that trailer was 'woke'...

mind you I never got the whole TMNT thing. even as a pre-teen there was something about the tv show that seemed a bit too childish and gimmicky to me

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 07:57:13 AM »

Honestly, the track record of the various adaptations has been pretty solid.  Almost all of them are at least decent.  The worst thing their name has been on is still TMNT3 and maybe that stupid rock concert show.

Don't forget the Christmas special.  TeddyR

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1789982/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 08:40:14 AM »

I must be out of the loop because I don't really see how anything in that trailer was 'woke'...

Same. The anti-woke people complain more and scream louder than the woke people. At least that's the impression I always get.

Is it October yet?
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 09:48:37 AM »

I'm too many generations removed from the TMNT's now to care at this point.

I'm old enough to remember when Eastman & Laird were unknowns selling their self published TMNT issues at local comic conventions around the Northeast. (I wish I could go back in time and kick my 13 year old self for not meeting them when I had the chance back then, or buying one of those O.G. copies, cuz a signed book from that era would probably bring serious bank now).

I was in college when the first movie came out. My comic nerd friends and I went to see it opening weekend. We thought it was a riot, and struck a nice balance between the grim & gritty comics and the goofy cartoon show, but I remember a lot of parents complaining that it was "too violent" as we left the theater. 

By the time TMNT II: Secret Of The Ooze came out, the Turtles had gone down a kid-friendly rabbit hole and never returned (remember the "Coming Out Of Our Shells" Rock & Roll tour?), so I stopped paying attention. I lost track of all the various updated, re-booted, re-re-booted, etc. Turtle cartoons/films/comics ages ago.   

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2023, 10:01:59 AM »

Same. The anti-woke people complain more and scream louder than the woke people. At least that's the impression I always get.

when 'wokeness' is very blatant I do find it mildly annoying, but tbh it's not something that impacts my life

I remember a lot of parents complaining that it was "too violent" as we left the theater.  

well they had to be renamed Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles over here because apparently the word 'Ninja' was too violent, and any instances of the word Ninja in the script were edited out ?!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:05:26 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2023, 10:16:54 AM »

Just to clarify matters, I'm the son of a militant feminist so diversity and representivity are both important to me.

What I don't like is changing narratives and characters in movies or tv to suit a political or some other current talking point or agenda: a case in point is how both Star Trek and Star Wars have changed over the years much to my disgust. The original Star Trek TV series was both diverse and representative of minorities in the USA but the new TV series are  Buggedout in my opinion.

I hate it when good childhood and teen memories like Scooby Doo and others are reworked to "fit in" today when the originals were fine as they were.

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2023, 10:35:54 AM »

I remember when the 2013 Carrie remake was released. I grew up watching the 1976 Carrie and it is one of my favorite movies. Did I care about the changes they did for the 2013 version? Not at all. I already knew there won't be nudity and the teachers won't be slapping students.

Times are constantly changing. 1976 Carrie is a product of its time. 2013 Carrie is a product of its time.

The irony is that MGM wasn't happy with the 2013 version of Carrie. They ordered re-shots because they wanted it to be more like the 1976 version  BounceGiggle

Anyway, they can remake and adjust all they want as long as we still have the originals to watch. Nobody is forcing anybody to watch remakes, right?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:40:37 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2023, 11:02:56 AM »

Anyway, they can remake and adjust all they want as long as we still have the originals to watch. Nobody is forcing anybody to watch remakes, right?

Exactly!  Cheers

A much beloved SA film and book Fiela Se Kind [Fiela's Child] was remade a few years back, and made more up to date.

No one and I mean no one went to see it. No one.  TeddyR

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023) trailer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.