Best werewolf film?

Started by Alex, July 26, 2023, 04:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie no.one

yeah part 4 is not good

part 7 is so bad it's good
please do not mock my potato.

RCMerchant

CURSE OF THE WREWOLF (1961) is a Hammer werewolf movie. The ONLY one they ever did, I believe.

That's Oliver Reed!
Oliver Reed always looks like he's about to kill somebody.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

indianasmith

I thought WER was a brilliant re-imagining of the werewolf myth.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

claws

Quote from: RCMerchant on July 26, 2023, 12:48:55 PM
And not one Lon Chaney Jr. movie? You list alot of garbage but not ONE.
Shame on you.
For some obscure reason- you never answer a question- just list the movies you own.

Is it October yet?

zombie no.one

this thread is transforming.... hope it's not a full moon tonight  :buggedout:

RCMerchant

Quote from: claws on July 26, 2023, 09:14:43 PM
Quote from: RCMerchant on July 26, 2023, 12:48:55 PM
And not one Lon Chaney Jr. movie? You list alot of garbage but not ONE.
Shame on you.
For some obscure reason- you never answer a question- just list the movies you own.

Your sharp wit always leaves me speachless and in awe. And I'm impressed by your vast collection of garbage.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

claws

Quote from: zombie no.one on July 27, 2023, 04:03:36 AM
this thread is transforming.... hope it's not a full moon tonight  :buggedout:

No worries. For some obscure reason RC likes to attack me but that's ok, I'm not mad at him  :cheers:
Is it October yet?

RCMerchant

^ I'm sorry I been such a jerk. I get stupid a lot for no reason.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Trevor

The original Wolf Man with Lon Chaney Jr is great.
Not a fan of John Landis but An American Werewolf In London was very good.
The Howling was very good, as was Company of Wolves.
Howling 4 is just plain embarrassing because it was made here 😳
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

M.10rda

I like BEAST MUST DIE a lot. Won't bother defending or rationalizing.

Only mentioning this here as I'm reasonably sure I've never expressed this opinion previously on this website:
I think the last 30-40 minutes of AWIL are... quite disappointing, at least following the opening hour (+/-).
However, it's hard for me to entertain the possibility that there's a better werewolf movie, as it's impossible for me to think of a better scene in any other werewolf movie than AWIL's opening on the moors.
And, it's hard for me to think of too many superior scenes from any scary movie than the nightmare home invasion scene. I was lucky enough [sic] to see it for the first time when I was 5 iirc and (as w/ some people per PSYCHO or THE EXORCIST) when I watch that one scene I can't ever not feel the way I felt when I was 5. Like....... paralyzed with horror and terror. Once seen, never unseen. #seentooyoung

Cult_Moody_Movies

1. An American Werewolf in London (1981)
2. The Howling (1981)
3. Dog Soldiers (2002)
4. The Company of Wolves (1984)
5. Wolfwalkers (2020) - Yes an animated children's film.
6. Wolf Children (2012) - Yes an anime.
7. The Curse of the Werewolf (1961)
8. Wolfen (1981)
9. Late Phases: Night of the Wolf (2014)
10. The Wolf of Snow Hollow (2020)

It has been many years since I've seen Ginger Snaps (2000) and as for the The Wolf Man (1941)........I'm just not a big Lon Chaney Jr. fan. The Wolf Man is iconic and good movie but it is my least favortive of the Universal Monsters.

Trevor

Quote from: zombie no.one on July 26, 2023, 05:16:36 PM
yeah part 4 is not good

The only good thing about 4 is the credits theme song sung by Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues.  :cheers:

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TcFZsxcsV0][/url]
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

zombie no.one

Quote from: M.10rda on July 27, 2023, 07:20:27 PM
I like BEAST MUST DIE a lot. Won't bother defending or rationalizing.

Only mentioning this here as I'm reasonably sure I've never expressed this opinion previously on this website:
I think the last 30-40 minutes of AWIL are... quite disappointing, at least following the opening hour (+/-).
However, it's hard for me to entertain the possibility that there's a better werewolf movie, as it's impossible for me to think of a better scene in any other werewolf movie than AWIL's opening on the moors.
And, it's hard for me to think of too many superior scenes from any scary movie than the nightmare home invasion scene. I was lucky enough [sic] to see it for the first time when I was 5 iirc and (as w/ some people per PSYCHO or THE EXORCIST) when I watch that one scene I can't ever not feel the way I felt when I was 5. Like....... paralyzed with horror and terror. Once seen, never unseen. #seentooyoung

My cousin showed me that film when I can't have been too much older than that... the moor scene totally disturbed me for ages!

zombie no.one

Quote from: Trevor on July 28, 2023, 09:35:49 AM
Quote from: zombie no.one on July 26, 2023, 05:16:36 PM
yeah part 4 is not good

The only good thing about 4 is the credits theme song sung by Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues.  :cheers:

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TcFZsxcsV0][/url]

My least favourite of all the sequels is part 6... it's just so damn boring. Mind you I haven't seen the most recent one, which is technically part 8 I guess, but just looks like some random trendy millennials thing

chainsaw midget

It doesn't get a lot of love, but I really enjoyed the Del Torro Wolfman remake. 

Also, I'll have to add Teen Wolf to the list for just being pure 80s fun.  You can't go wrong with classic Micheal J. Fox.