Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:34:16 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  That one thing that bothers you in a movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: That one thing that bothers you in a movie  (Read 2613 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2023, 02:20:03 AM »

when the camera lingers on a 'dead' body... all I can ever do is try and notice any flinching or eyelid movements, even though I don't want to... can't help it

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
chainsaw midget

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2023, 10:59:23 AM »

I saw a movie a while back where one character jumped into a military Humvee and then fumbled with the key to get it started. 

Military Humvees don't use keys.  They put chains and locks on the steering wheel.  You can start them up and drive them just fine whoever you are, as long as you don't need to turn for any reason.
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2023, 06:59:47 PM »

There's a long medium wide/wide shot of Keitel and Buscemi early in RESERVOIR DOGS where they light cigarettes. The flame doesn't actually light Keitel's cigarette and really doesn't even come close. Nevertheless Keitel acts like he's smoking it. I don't smoke, hate cigarettes, and am totally anti-smoking IRL, but in a movie about hardcore lifer criminals, this really bothers me every time I watch it. Weird that QT kept it in the film. Only usable take? No coverage/couldn't cut away?

I also remain puzzled about the entire final scene of THERE WILL BE BLOOD... you know, the most famous scene, w/ the "milkshake". Even after 3 viewings, I can't quite track how/why DDL and PD are even having that final conversation. The earlier, pivotal scene where PD baptizes DDL in exchange for land rights seems to render the later scene redundant. I've tried to rationalize the circumstances of that last scene in my mind, but when I watch the scene again, the actual dialogue never supports (and kind of contradicts) my rationalization. Maybe it's just DDL's dream/wish fulfillment...?
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2023, 10:44:57 AM »

Something Wild (1986)

Throughout the film the songs (amazing soundtrack btw) enhance scenes and are well placed. With the Fine Young Cannibals song Ever Fallen in Love, it appears they quickly threw together a couple of grainy outtakes as a reason to play the song.  It's a hasty/sloppy 1 minute insert sticking out like a sore thumb. It doesn't gel with the flow of the rest of the movie.

My guess is the FYC song was offered after the film was already finished, so they added what looks like deleted footage to the film for the song.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 06:58:38 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2023, 11:53:57 AM »

That's entirely plausible, Claws. Jonathan Demme was not averse to such OT/extraneous/last-minute additions or revisions. (Maybe due to his training under Corman?) The end of MARRIED TO THE MOB used to bug me in the same way you mention: evidently unrelated/disconnected footage of Michelle Pfeiffer and Matthew Modine dancing on some civic (courthouse?) steps, and the sequence concludes on a freeze-frame of Pfeiffer about to have what looks like a serious injury. Weird way to wrap up a snarky crime movie. Eh!
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2023, 06:09:19 AM »

Interesting. I've seen about every Demme movie but I've never seen Married to the Mob. Didn't appeal to me as I can't get into mob movies. Just like some people can't watch musicals or westerns.

Weird on my part because I really enjoyed Something Wild and I liked Pfeiffer very much back then.

on a sidenote, I have seen The Godfather, but it didn't do much for me. That's why I never include it in my favorite movie lists.

Is it October yet?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  That one thing that bothers you in a movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.