Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:24:49 AM
714433 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movie You Seen Not Many People Have « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Movie You Seen Not Many People Have  (Read 10620 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2023, 02:06:39 AM »

a film from either late 90s or early 2000s called SCAR, which I can't seem to find among all the movies with that name on imdb. It seemed to be about a bunch of regular looking twenty-something women who were actually witches, or in a cult, or something similar.

The lighting, colour and picture were so bad and grainy it almost looked like it was in b/w, but it wasn't.

the sound was so bad that even though the audio was muffled, whenever someone spoke there was this agonising, hissing feedback sound that was physically painful. like there was a problem with the mics.

purely out of curiosity I have searched for this movie periodically over the last 20 yrs with no 'luck' (ahem), but we had it on dvd and it had a proper cover so I assume it got distribution.

edit, oh yeah, large parts of the movie seemed to be in slow motion with some kind of dreamy 'hallucination' filter applied to the camera. this thing is a serious contender for worst ever
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 02:13:49 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2023, 08:16:40 PM »

Z.N.O., so many no-budget atrocities and obscurities got released om DVD in the 90s and 00s, particularly on multipacks to retailers. I've thought of several of these (like the one you describe) when I read this thread. It was truly a flush time for bad movies... I feel like cheaper and worse stuff was reaching an audience then than is even getting out today in the current "Prime and cut-rate Prime competitors will stream any homemade piece of poop" era. I feel weirdly nostalgic for that era....... even though I regret wasting my precious time on so many of those movies!
Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2023, 11:06:44 PM »

Cat City (1986) -

Hungarian animated film spy comedy about cats vs. mice. Just found out the film finally got a western blu-ray release through Deaf Crocodile/Vinegar Syndrome.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/animation/products/cat-city
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2023, 03:08:55 AM »

The Demon: South Africa's first slasher film 😳😳😳
I've also seen it.
Pretty blah IMHO, but at least it came out with the "clawed/knife glove" well before Nightmare On Elm Street (as did GIRLS NITE OUT).
Others:
RANA, THE LEGEND OF SHADOW LAKE/CROAKED
Cheapo monster movie.  Survivor of a monster attack looks for its treasure several years later.
BEASTS
Killer bear menacing middle aged couple in the mountains, who also run afoul of criminals.
COTTONPICKIN' CHICKENPICKERS
Dum-dum comedy from the 60s.  I remember the local video store clerk recommending this turd for some reason.  Even for kids, it was stupid.
THE SLAYER
Dream-generated monster violently menaces two couples stranded on an island.
DR. HEKYLL AND MR. HYPE
Weird take on Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde starring Oliver Reed as an ugly podiatrist who becomes a literal lady-killer upon imbibing a formula, but with much more of an emphasis on comedy than horror.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2023, 03:44:28 AM »

The Demon: South Africa's first slasher film 😳😳😳
I've also seen it.
Pretty blah IMHO, but at least it came out with the "clawed/knife glove" well before Nightmare On Elm Street (as did GIRLS NITE OUT).

Seeing that you have seen it, I now need to apologize to you as I knew the director / producer well and the cinematographer was a mentor of mine. Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2023, 07:00:55 AM »

^ the SLAYER-
 Is that the one with the big scary Indian?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2023, 10:11:31 AM »

Z.N.O., so many no-budget atrocities and obscurities got released om DVD in the 90s and 00s, particularly on multipacks to retailers. I've thought of several of these (like the one you describe) when I read this thread. It was truly a flush time for bad movies... I feel like cheaper and worse stuff was reaching an audience then than is even getting out today in the current "Prime and cut-rate Prime competitors will stream any homemade piece of poop" era. I feel weirdly nostalgic for that era....... even though I regret wasting my precious time on so many of those movies!

yes it's an odd kind of nostalgia... 'things just ain't crap in the same way they used to be crap', yells old man at young cloud

I have to say not one thing about streaming appeals to me. movies or music. I'm not averse to downloading music on mp3 (especially if it's the only way I can get hold of something), but really physical copies are infinitely preferable every time

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2023, 10:40:08 AM »

Cheapo monster movie.  Survivor of a monster attack looks for its treasure several years later.

Back in rental days I had access to German and American video rental stores. In the German one they had

Rana - Hüter des blutigen Schatzes (Rana - Keeper of the Bloody Treasure). I've picked up the VHS box many times but never actually rented it, as I wasn't much a fan of German dubbed movies. I believe it was never released to VHS in the U.S. until Troma acquired it.
I bought the Toxie's Triple Terror DVD Set from Troma in the late 2000s and finally watched Rana. Troma had changed the title to Croaked: Frog Monster from Hell.

The film was obviously shot in the 1970s (I'm guessing 1975) and then shelved. Rana had its U.S. debut on TV in 1980.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:49:20 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2023, 11:38:22 AM »

^ I've heard of that one!  Thumbup Never seen it.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2023, 11:44:32 AM »

1980's UNDER SIEGE aka THE PANIC MAKERS, which recently took me an age to identify from a vague memory. now watched it again

highly entertaining home invasion flick, exploitation a rama!
That's an Italian crime movie! I seen that! f**king Stuart Whitman!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2023, 11:55:44 AM »

Cheapo monster movie.  Survivor of a monster attack looks for its treasure several years later.

Back in rental days I had access to German and American video rental stores. In the German one they had

Rana - Hüter des blutigen Schatzes (Rana - Keeper of the Bloody Treasure). I've picked up the VHS box many times but never actually rented it, as I wasn't much a fan of German dubbed movies. I believe it was never released to VHS in the U.S. until Troma acquired it.
I bought the Toxie's Triple Terror DVD Set from Troma in the late 2000s and finally watched Rana. Troma had changed the title to Croaked: Frog Monster from Hell.

The film was obviously shot in the 1970s (I'm guessing 1975) and then shelved. Rana had its U.S. debut on TV in 1980.

The local VHS release had me thinking it was about a killer frog  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2023, 01:41:35 PM »

^ the SLAYER-
 Is that the one with the big scary Indian?

Maybe you're thinking of SCALPS..?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2023, 05:04:12 PM »

^ Yes! That's the one.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2023, 04:39:06 PM »

Easy conflation... I believe SLAYER and SCALPS were released as a double feature on VHS in the early 80s...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2023, 03:14:52 AM »

I’ve seen both those… SLAYER was cool if a little slow. SCALPS could benefit from not having that droning music/ sound fx playing all the way thru it (maybe there’s a different cut where this doesn’t happen?)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movie You Seen Not Many People Have « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.