Main Menu

Decided to start this today.

Started by Alex, September 23, 2023, 11:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

I've not done a jigsaw since I was around 16 and was staying at my aunt and uncles before my cousin Fiona's first wedding. Decided to do this one and when I am done I'll mount it in a picture frame.

First couple of hours worth of work.

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

My mom started doing jigsaw puzzles when she got dementia but she can't do even simple ones anymore. I did one not too long ago, just set it up on a table and would put one or two pieces together every now and then. Strangely calming and satisfying.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

claws

I got a couple of jigsaw puzzles for christmas last year. I don't have the time, patience or a big enough table to do these so I gave them to my niece.

My mom also started to do jigsaw puzzles a few yeras before she passad away. She didn't have dementia though. However, I did enjoy doing the puzzles with her.
Is it October yet?

ER

Well done! I love jigsaw puzzles but had to stop them while my children were young because they'd scatter them and eat the pieces. These days I mostly only have time for smaller puzzles than I used to do, like 100-300 piece ones. Doing puzzles can be Zen, turn on something relaxing, old radio shows, the LeVar Burton podcast, light music, and fade into bringing order to chaos.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

I haven't done jigsaws since a child. Tiana loved to do jigsaw puzzles.
That one is super cool! You should glue it to a board and hang it up when your done!
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

Quote from: RCMerchant on September 23, 2023, 11:01:08 PM
I haven't done jigsaws since a child. Tiana loved to do jigsaw puzzles.
That one is super cool! You should glue it to a board and hang it up when your done!

Like this one?

RCMerchant

I dunno. I did it with a puzzle once. I did it with rubber glue.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

The frame comes with a sticky back designed for this kind of thing.

Alex

I was too busy to work on this Mon or Tues, but made some progress today.