Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:46:59 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wow. This feels like Time has skipped a beat or two « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wow. This feels like Time has skipped a beat or two  (Read 5544 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2023, 12:11:18 AM »

Actually- this place hs been dead as a doornail as of late. Getting real boring. I stay because I have nothing else to do. I do love you folks.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2023, 09:08:08 AM »

Wow, I'm glad you made it through all that trouble. Keep fighting, man.

I gotta ask: Haven't you hit 366 movies by now?!?!?!

Yes, in 2019. The book is coming out in 2024, from the same publisher that's putting out Trevor's South African cinema book. I've been doing a podcast this past year: https://www.youtube.com/@366weirdmovies/podcasts

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2023, 11:03:18 AM »

Brother Trevor!! Great to see you still here. And what is this about a book? Tell me more, good sir!

It's called RIDING THE HIGH WIND: about our film industry's history and my life in it up until 2022.

All 400 pages of it  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2023, 08:09:54 PM »

Hey, Java, welcome back!!!  nice to see you here.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 02:38:32 PM »

Hey, Java, welcome back!!!  nice to see you here.

INDIE!!! So glad to see you are still here. Do you still have your goats, my friend?

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 02:46:40 PM »

So glad to see you’re back!  I’m sorry to hear what you’ve been going through.

I had twin girls about a month ago and was disemboweled and re-emboweled in surgery and apparently lost a lot of blood and almost died but I think the doctors were more freaked out about it than I was.

That stinks that you lost your Youtube channels!  I was just watching something on your channel a few weeks ago!  We should do a podcast together. We’ll talk about Bad movies, Beards, Boobs and Bigfoot and stuff that starts with B.  I won’t be able to commit to that, I’ll have to go to other letters.  I’m on vacation (aka maternity leave) for the next few months and I am desperate to try something to get away from my corporate prison.   I am open to going into business with anyone for almost anything at anytime - I am all ears.

It’s great to have you back and hope you stick around! 

Ah, so wonderful to see the lovely Paquita is still here!

YES! I would happily do a podcast if someone else did the techie stuff. I have no mind for that. Plus, I can't post to YT because of the banning, though I know that it is always possible to use a temp phone number to get a new account. I'm old school enough that I don't feel like digging that deep. But, yeah, I'd love to do a podcast.

Always envisioned a show where the participants watch the same two or three movies and then comment/review the movies.

Used to do a podcast with some folks in which we took turns coming up with a couple of major topics, then the guy who organized the whole thing would have a section where he covered topical subjects where we chimed in with our opinions. I spent each episode drinking, so, by the end of every episode, I was rarely hesitant to say what was on my mind. I can be a bit of an introvert without booze.

If you are serious and can do the techie stuff (or know someone who can/will do it), let me know and I'll happily join in. I have been told I have a great voice for radio, and that was confirmed by dozens of veterans when I worked at the VA.

Again, great to see you are still here. Actually, I'm happy to see that most of the regulars are still here.

Paquita

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 08:52:12 PM »

^ Dude, I can totes do the techie stuff!  I also haven't been banned from anything...yet.  I am also an introvert so this should be awesome!  Maybe a reason for me to get drunk for the first time ever.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2023, 11:02:43 AM »

^ Dude, I can totes do the techie stuff!  I also haven't been banned from anything...yet.  I am also an introvert so this should be awesome!  Maybe a reason for me to get drunk for the first time ever.

Send me a message or email when you feel froggy enough to jump on this, and we can see where it lands.

By the way, I don't recommend the drinking. I'm getting too old for it, but it helps with my ADHD and helps me remember things DURING a conversation instead of 3 days later. ("Oh, crap, why didn't I mention <insert memory or fact> during the board meeting? It might have saved my job!")

Yes, I obsess over conversations long after other folks have forgotten they even talked to me.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2023, 10:09:16 PM »

javakoala has returned  Cheers Cheers

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2023, 09:10:12 PM »

javakoala has returned  Cheers Cheers

Thanks, bob!

Good to see so many of the regulars are still here.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wow. This feels like Time has skipped a beat or two « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.