Main Menu

What's Everyone Giving for Christmas?

Started by bob, November 26, 2023, 06:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

I'm almost done with all my Christmas shopping!

An uncle is getting 50 rubber ducks and 4 cord connectors to be used with ham radio per his request.

My brother is getting a giant Nightmare Before Christmas puzzle and a gigantic Marvel The Infinity Saga puzzle.

My dad is getting The Pats: An Illustrated History of the New England Patriots, The Ultimate Boston Red Sox Trivia Book: A Collection of Amazing Trivia Quizzes and Fun Facts for Die-Hard BoSox Fans! and Nightmare on Elm Street 8 discs/movie Collection.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

indianasmith

I do my Christmas shopping at the local gas station.  Everyone is getting motor oil and Slim Jims!!!   :wink:  :twirl:  :bouncegiggle:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Paquita

I just decided I'm getting the teenagers jaw harps for Christmas.  Sometimes I have amazing ideas.

claws

Alex already beat you to the punch http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,159055.0.html

mine

QuoteWe barely do Christmas gifts. It would cost a fortune to buy gifts for everyone in our large family.

That said, I already bought gift cards in October. Will stick them into small Christmas bags, and add a few small Christmassy items. Like every year.
Is it October yet?

Alex

Quote from: claws on November 27, 2023, 12:23:56 AM
Alex already beat you to the punch http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,159055.0.html

mine

QuoteWe barely do Christmas gifts. It would cost a fortune to buy gifts for everyone in our large family.

That said, I already bought gift cards in October. Will stick them into small Christmas bags, and add a few small Christmassy items. Like every year.

Reminds me, I bought more stuff. I need to update my list.  :buggedout:
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

javakoala

I give to all the gift of figuring it out on your own while I do the same.

Doesn't cost me anything, and it's what most folks end up with in the end anyhow.
I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.

WingedSerpent

Probably a lot of gift cards.  I have several new nieces and nephews-but I guess they all like to shop at similar stores.  Other than that, most of my siblings and I are a bit too old to be doing the same kind of shopping for each other when we were younger.  So either gift cards or small gifts.
At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on November 26, 2023, 08:23:06 PM
I do my Christmas shopping at the local gas station.  Everyone is getting motor oil and Slim Jims!!!   :wink:  :twirl:  :bouncegiggle:

:bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

sprite75

I got my feline niece and nephews some toys.  Nothing too fancy - just some catnip string toys.  Got my youngest niece a Minnesota shaped baby rattle and a Minnesota tab toy - which is cloth with a bunch of tabs attached.  (Hopefully a certain furry dickhead doesn't try to destroy it).  And my oldest niece a couple more Minnesota books.  Got my brother a novelty diploma for a "doctorate" in Pittsburgh Steelers football.  Getting my mom the traditional photo calendar I get every year for her and will probably get her a bottle of wine from a St. Paul area winery.  With Dad I'm thinking of getting him some Minnesota whiskey and maybe another book.  That just leaves one more present for my brother and sister-in-law.
God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.

bob

Quote from: bob on November 26, 2023, 06:58:24 PM
I'm almost done with all my Christmas shopping!

An uncle is getting 50 rubber ducks and 4 cord connectors to be used with ham radio per his request.

My brother is getting a giant Nightmare Before Christmas puzzle and a gigantic Marvel The Infinity Saga puzzle.

My dad is getting The Pats: An Illustrated History of the New England Patriots, The Ultimate Boston Red Sox Trivia Book: A Collection of Amazing Trivia Quizzes and Fun Facts for Die-Hard BoSox Fans! and Nightmare on Elm Street 8 discs/movie Collection.

got my mom $50 Barnes and Noble giftcard

got my dad's girlfriend $25 Starbucks giftcard
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.