Main Menu

Forgotten Bad Slasher Movies

Started by claws, April 13, 2024, 12:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie no.one

Quote from: chainsaw midget on April 17, 2024, 11:02:06 AM
Quoteanother rarely mentioned halloween one, HAUNTEDWEEN  (contender for worst wordplay attempt in a horror title ever?)
I saw a movie once called S.I.C.K. (Serial Insane Clown Killer.)  It had a fat guy that wore clown makeup for no reason and put little dolls everywhere also for no reason.  

for a start the acronym implies it's a serial killer who only targets insane clowns
please do not mock my potato.

chainsaw midget

Quote from: zombie no.one on April 17, 2024, 12:21:43 PM
Quote from: chainsaw midget on April 17, 2024, 11:02:06 AM
Quoteanother rarely mentioned halloween one, HAUNTEDWEEN  (contender for worst wordplay attempt in a horror title ever?)
I saw a movie once called S.I.C.K. (Serial Insane Clown Killer.)  It had a fat guy that wore clown makeup for no reason and put little dolls everywhere also for no reason.  

for a start the acronym implies it's a serial killer who only targets insane clowns
That would have at least been original.

M.10rda

That would've been a lovely premise to see realized... it could've been a horror-themed sequel to the Insane Clown Posse's cop comedy BIG MONEY HUSTLAS... with Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope fighting for their lives against the Clownslayer.  :bouncegiggle:

zombie no.one

I didn't know ICP did a movie. guess their whole image lends itself to cinema

I have a bonus DVD on a Mobb Deep album where they've made some kind of gangster film starring themselves. you only see a few clips, doubt it's been released anywhere. it's appauling, lol

edit, skip to 6:40 here you can see a clip
https://youtu.be/XQmLK-wzFVM?si=ySOrU5-RE_PSHQUE&t=6m40s

Trevor

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.

zombie no.one

Quote from: Trevor on April 18, 2024, 07:42:07 AM
SLASH (2002) from South Africa.

wonder how long it took them to come up with that title  :teddyr:

worth mentioning THE LAST SLUMBER PARTY? actors actually fluff lines in this

claws

Play Dead (1985)

Yvonne De Carlo sends her Rottweiler Greta on a deadly mission to eliminate money seeking family members. To my knowledge, the first and only dog slasher. Greta doesn't maul her victims to death, she uses inventive ways to kill. Amazingly bad performance by De Carlo that goes beyond bad.
Is it October yet?

zombie no.one

^ you recommended that one in my Dogs thread. seen it a few times now. it's a keeper!

claws

^^ I thought it might be fitting in this thread as well. It is a gem though.
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Quote from: zombie no.one on April 18, 2024, 12:54:31 PM
Quote from: Trevor on April 18, 2024, 07:42:07 AM
SLASH (2002) from South Africa.

wonder how long it took them to come up with that title  :teddyr:

worth mentioning THE LAST SLUMBER PARTY? actors actually fluff lines in this

😊😊😂🐢

M.10rda

Quote from: zombie no.one on April 18, 2024, 01:54:23 AM
I didn't know ICP did a movie. guess their whole image lends itself to cinema

I'm unsure if it was ever distributed officially or maybe was only available on VHS or DVD @ their shows...? I rec'd a VHS bootleg of it around 2001. John G. Brennan of Jerky Boys and "Family Guy" fame plays the Police Chief. It's delightful. I believe I heard ICP even made a follow-up/second feature that maybe was a western  :question: but have never seen it available to purchase or view anywhere.

zombie no.one

staying on a clown theme, CAMP BLOOD (2000)

51 reviews on imdb. so not unheard of but not exactly well known. I'd go along with the 3.1 rating, it was lame. but seems to have spawned a host of sequels

Trevor

City of Blood is another although it involves politics and an African cult.

retrorussell

PSYCHOS IN LOVE (1987)
DTV black comedy about 2 psychotic killers-- one a killer of women and one a killer of men-- who fall in love and contemplate putting down the knife for a happy life together.  Complications arise that prevent this.  I've never seen this but one mom and pop video store I frequented had this.  One of those "Too Gory For The Silver Screen" Wizard Video releases.  Awesome cover!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

claws

^^

I own the German Blu-ray. The film is fun, and much better than Dreamaniac (1986) which was another Wizard Video "too gory for the silver screen" release.
Is it October yet?