Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:02:16 AM
715199 Posts in 53126 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 159324 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2019, 03:17:25 PM »

Nazis are not considered terrorists in america but people who punch them are about to be labeled terrorists?

Modern day Nazis may be bigoted a***oles but most of them are just expressing their first amendment rights.

The people that punch them are committing a crime by using violence against those that disagree with them for their ideology. It think that comes closer to being considered terrorism.

As far as I'm concerned, the person that resorts to violence first is the terrorist.

When was punching somebody 'terrorism' anyway?  Question
So if 2 guys are in back of a bar beating the s**t out of each other- one of them is a 'terrorist'?
Or are they just 2 drunks getting into a fist fight?

Bar fights are usually caused by drunk people being stupid. People that punch Nazis do so because they want to completely squash an ideology they disagree with. The intent of punching Nazis is to make people too scared to exercise their first amendment rights, which is practically textbook terrorism.

Yeah...I reckon that makes sense!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #511 on: July 29, 2019, 07:14:24 PM »

crypto currency  Question Question Question Question  Question

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #512 on: July 29, 2019, 07:22:49 PM »

Cuckolding as a fetish. I just don't get it, wouldn't it lead to a real cuckolding that destroys a marriage?

"Findom"  is another one I don't get.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #513 on: July 29, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »

Cuckolding as a fetish. I just don't get it, wouldn't it lead to a real cuckolding that destroys a marriage?

Findom is something I also don't get.

Findom is Financial Domination for those who don't know.

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #514 on: July 29, 2019, 08:32:56 PM »

I have never been able to understand this either. I mean, computers generating complex numbers somehow translates to material wealth?  I have tried to understand this and simply cannot see how it produces value. All I see it a great deal of electricity being wasted to power high end computers to "mine" these numbers.

Yes, effort and energy are being expended to mine these numbers,  but nothing of value  is produced and electricity and computer resources are wasted.

Plug bitcoin is limited in possible numbers. I simply cannot see the logic or value  of this system. I'm thinking itcs a case of "the emperor's new clothes'.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #515 on: July 29, 2019, 09:58:15 PM »

Findom is something I also don't get.

Findom is Financial Domination for those who don't know.

Isn't that just modern american life for most people now? Dominated by a financially powerful corporate overlord employer,  dominated by laws written by and for the financially powerful,  dominated by bank a that hold your loans,  dominated by your student loan financial debt, ad infinitum?

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #516 on: July 29, 2019, 11:13:04 PM »

Except consensual fetish rather than being f**ked by corporations.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #517 on: July 29, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »

Unless you jerk off to that...!  TongueOut

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2019, 11:51:19 PM »

How xxxxed up is america when a kid gets 3 million dollars for playing a videogame called fortnight?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #519 on: July 30, 2019, 12:29:34 AM »

In fact- I wonder if there are folks who get off on having  life in total chaos and ruin? Question
Oh yeah- that was my first wife!  Twirling

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #520 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:01 AM »

In fact- I wonder if there are folks who get off on having  life in total chaos and ruin? Question
Oh yeah- that was my first wife!  Twirling

Q

Damn,  RC,  the way you talk about her i'm beginning to wonder if you married the secret daughter of Joseph Stalin and Hanna Reitsch.... Buggedout

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #521 on: July 30, 2019, 01:09:27 AM »

In fact- I wonder if there are folks who get off on having  life in total chaos and ruin? Question
Oh yeah- that was my first wife!  Twirling

Q

Damn,  RC,  the way you talk about her i'm beginning to wonder if you married the secret daughter of Joseph Stalin and Hanna Reitsch.... Buggedout

Naw- more like Hitler and Satan!
Who looked like the Crypt Keeper!
I'd upload a picture, but I don't have any. If I did I would burn them and sow the ground with salt.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 01:17:23 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2019, 03:25:48 AM »

In fact- I wonder if there are folks who get off on having  life in total chaos and ruin? Question
Oh yeah- that was my first wife!  Twirling

Q

Damn,  RC,  the way you talk about her i'm beginning to wonder if you married the secret daughter of Joseph Stalin and Hanna Reitsch.... Buggedout

Naw- more like Hitler and Satan!
Who looked like the Crypt Keeper!
I'd upload a picture, but I don't have any. If I did I would burn them and sow the ground with salt.

Damn, you married Ann Coulter?!?!    Aaaaaaauuuuuuugggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2019, 05:58:28 AM »

I have never been able to understand this either. I mean, computers generating complex numbers somehow translates to material wealth?  I have tried to understand this and simply cannot see how it produces value. All I see it a great deal of electricity being wasted to power high end computers to "mine" these numbers.

Yes, effort and energy are being expended to mine these numbers,  but nothing of value  is produced and electricity and computer resources are wasted.

Plug bitcoin is limited in possible numbers. I simply cannot see the logic or value  of this system. I'm thinking itcs a case of "the emperor's new clothes'.

How is that different from money printed in paper?

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »

How is that different from money printed in paper?

OK. Money officially issued by a government is at least theoretically backed up  by some form of material worth. For instance america used to use the "gold standard" that meant america's money was backed up by gold.  The value of a  nation's money  is also part based on itcs physical wealth and measured lartily by it's  annual GDP.

This crypto currency is based on...?  I don't understand. Basically computers run a program to discover the secret numbers that we're generated and "mine" them but they have no value,  they can't be used for anything,  building material , food, useful items, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.