Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:53:50 PM
715397 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thanksgiving Dinner « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Thanksgiving Dinner  (Read 4528 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: November 20, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »

So what are you doing?
I'm cooking mine. With home-made stuffing with apple, home-made gravy-the works.
It will be me and Tiana, my sons Jed and Eddie, my grand son Aiden, Jed's girlfreind Tonya and her daughter Tinisha, and Gramma. Mebbe my sister Brenda, if she can .
I start cooking about 6 in the morning.
I'm also making corn, yams, collards, green bean cassorle, biscuits and pies (apple, pecan, and pumpkin!).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 05:31:12 PM »

We'll be with a lot of friends and family, not cooking or hosting... which means I don't have to lift a finger.  I'll lift my thumb: Thumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 05:36:24 PM »

I'll be doing ALL the cooking- except the bean casorrole-Tiana's doing that. Otherwise- stay out of my kitchen when I'm cooking!  Wink
I been cooking family meals since I was a kid. I'm a good home cook.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »

I've never liked the traditional Thanksgiving dinner-- turkey (blah and too dry), cranberries (yuck), stuffing (okay), mashed taters (always preferred imitation), yams (ick), ham (usually way too sweet), etc.  I don't care what everyone else brings, I probably won't eat it.  I will bring very non-traditional chicken enchiladas to my folks' house.  There's gonna be way too many people there and my brother, nephew and I will probably generally avoid people by going out into the street and throwing the football around.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »

We're ordering BBQ brisket!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:04:37 PM »

I've never liked the traditional Thanksgiving dinner-- turkey (blah and too dry), cranberries (yuck), stuffing (okay), mashed taters (always preferred imitation), yams (ick), ham (usually way too sweet), etc.  I don't care what everyone else brings, I probably won't eat it.  I will bring very non-traditional chicken enchiladas to my folks' house.  There's gonna be way too many people there and my brother, nephew and I will probably generally avoid people by going out into the street and throwing the football around.

It's a lizard man posing as a human being! GET HIM!  hot Wink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 10:18:04 PM »

We got 2 turkeys - one's just under 10 pounds and the other is 12 pounds.  Mom's going to make the larger one the old fashioned way in the oven and I'm going to fry up the smaller one.

I also got a Bishop's Ambrosia Pie

The Bishop Buffet chain used to have those at their restaurants and since they folded a couple years ago local grocery stores began selling them, but don't put near enough chocolate flakes on top so I'm going to add some extra ones manually.

And of course there will be BEER at the sprite Thanksgiving celebration. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 02:18:10 AM »

*Loud very hungry tummy rumbles*

I think I should fly out and join you all for Thanksgiving.  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 05:36:18 AM »

*Loud very hungry tummy rumbles*

I think I should fly out and join you all for Thanksgiving.  Cheers

Spent Thanksgiving with my wifes family two years ago Trevor. If you ever get the chance to go to one, I recommend it.

Just go hungry.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 05:50:59 AM »

I'm going  to have a traditional atheist thanksgiving,  with a roasted christian baby as the main course and virgin blood mixed with vodka  or rum on tap.

Hahahahahaha!!! ! Just wanted to see if I could hear someone shout "I KNEW IT!!! " Actually it's the usual,  turkey,  ham,  gravy,  stuffing,  mashed potatoes,  you know.

I'm making a cake for dessert,  a boxed French vanilla cake with juice from a jar of cherries substituting for the water,  half a bottles worth of cherries slicedminnhalf inside the cake before baking,  chocolate frosting and the other half of the cherries sliced and on top.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 06:47:43 AM »

I'm going  to have a traditional atheist thanksgiving,  with a roasted christian baby as the main course and virgin blood mixed with vodka  or rum on tap.

Hahahahahaha!!! ! Just wanted to see if I could hear someone shout "I KNEW IT!!! " Actually it's the usual,  turkey,  ham,  gravy,  stuffing,  mashed potatoes,  you know.

Actually I thought " Sitting alone with a microwave dinner screaming at the TV". BounceGiggle
I kid! I'm joking!  Drink

That cake sounds fantastic.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »

we have two turkeys one regular and my brother in law has a fryer that always seems to be leaking and about to blow up.

My job is to bring smoked salmon which I buy at the Russian supermarket, along with some cheese and crackers.

I'm forbidden from drinking prosecco aka champagne because it is too easy to chug and strong
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »

we have two turkeys one regular and my brother in law has a fryer that always seems to be leaking and about to blow up.

Indoor or outdoor fryer?  I bought an indoor fryer five years ago and it's great.  No more sitting outside in the cold for 50 minutes with farm cats trying to supervise.  I can sit down in the basement and watch some MST3K or now that we do our TV through streaming maybe watch TV instead.  (Note to self get a long ass Ethernet cord for tomorrow).   

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 08:47:09 PM »

its an outdoor one. every time I see it I want to cook hot dogs in it
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »

Deep fried turkeys?  You mean firebombs?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thanksgiving Dinner « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.