Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
715310 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 252
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 624412 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3225 on: October 22, 2023, 07:49:08 AM »

KLOWN KAMP MASSACRE (2010) - This was an atrociously awful Troma production, with the standard Lloyd Kaufman cameo at the end.  All the victims were clowns, the killer was a clown, there was gratuitous clown nudity, over-the-top clown kills, and dialogue so dumb it made your brain hurt. 1/5 on a regular movie scale, a 5/5 BAD movie rating!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3226 on: October 22, 2023, 09:22:33 AM »

RC- frankly I can see why she didn't make it as a regular actress

Smile She co-starred in the flesh on "Herman's Head", a live-action Fox sitcom, for a few years even after "The Simpsons"... co-starring Hank Azaria, also from "Simpsons" of course. She's a perfectly good actress... there just aren't enough roles to go around for weird mousey women.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3227 on: October 22, 2023, 11:35:20 AM »

LYNCH/OZ (2022): A documentary where five directors (and one critic) discuss the influence of "The Wizard of Oz" on David Lynch's career. Obviously aimed at fans of the director, but the subject is so narrow that these erudite essays naturally turn to explorations of cinema and art in general. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3228 on: October 22, 2023, 12:20:44 PM »

LYNCH/OZ (2022): A documentary where five directors (and one critic) discuss the influence of "The Wizard of Oz" on David Lynch's career. Obviously aimed at fans of the director, but the subject is so narrow that these erudite essays naturally turn to explorations of cinema and art in general. 4/5.

Dig it! I watched something that seems inexplicably related to Lynch myself and will review it in a bit...
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #3229 on: October 22, 2023, 12:39:18 PM »

KLOWN KAMP MASSACRE (2010) - This was an atrociously awful Troma production,

with a title like that? surely not  BounceGiggle

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3230 on: October 22, 2023, 12:44:21 PM »

KARATE KID IV

too much melodrama, not enough bad

apparently up to today I thought Hilary Swank and Sandra Bernhard are the same person... I guess they aren't.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3231 on: October 22, 2023, 04:08:35 PM »

Too droll, Zombie!
Jim H

« Reply #3232 on: October 22, 2023, 09:52:34 PM »

The Whisperer in the Darkness - HP Lovecraft Society film, shot in low budget, black & white, and with a 30s film aesthetic.  I think this one mostly works.  It feels long to me, perhaps too true to the Lovecraft source at times, but I still enjoyed the atmosphere.  Maybe trimming 15-20 minutes would have helped.  Liked this much more than their Call of Cthulhu film, which I fell asleep during.

Necronomicon - Second part of my Lovecraft double feature.  This is very uneven.  A lot of great and fun practical effects and creatures, but some of the storytelling is jumbled and not great.  Worth a watch though, I particularly enjoyed Jeffrey Combs role.  Interestingly, the third part of the anthology uses the same source as Whisperer in the Darkness, but is MUCH MUCH different, almost a total divergence from the source really, just a few ideas used.

Dog Soldiers - A lot of fun as always, happy to see the new transfer which looks far better than the old one.  Wish we'd gotten the sequel.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3233 on: October 23, 2023, 12:56:32 AM »

Morda - I used to watch that show.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3234 on: October 23, 2023, 01:08:02 AM »

the LOVE WITCH (2016)

I really don't know how to discribe this film. It concerns a modern (?) day witch who loves and kills men who fail to love her. Simple, right?
Right. Except this movie is downright strange. It seems to exist in a technicolor Twilight Zone set in quasi late 60's, early 70's landscape of a demented comic book.  A beautiful looking, oddball film that I enjoyed immensly, though I'm not really sure why.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 01:33:20 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3235 on: October 23, 2023, 01:26:17 AM »

^ I loved her previous one Viva
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3236 on: October 23, 2023, 07:50:41 AM »

THE LOVE WITCH is a masterpiece!

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #3237 on: October 23, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »

Eat Locals (2017)

The eight official vampires of the UK hold their 50 year meeting in a remote farm to discuss quotas and territories, but unknown to them, a military task force is closing in on them. Caught up in all this is Sebastian, who may be invited to join the vampire, or end up as dinner.

This is very much Dog Soldiers in reverse, with the monsters being holed up by soldiers, and trying to make their escape before the sun rises. Critics seem to hate it, for some reason. It is just a silly dark comedy, which cheerfully turns a number of the base under siege and vampire movie tropes on its head. There is no horror and very little suspense, but a lot of deadpan humour by a seasoned cast of actors. It even ends on a Perry and Croft like 'you have been watching' sequence. An absolute hoot, if pretty nihilistic.

Favourite line 'I am a man of principle, and they bribed me first'.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3238 on: October 24, 2023, 03:00:02 AM »

the MACHINE GIRL (2008)

A young Japanese school girl gets revenge on a Yakuzi gang that murdered her brother and cut off her arm. Her arm is replaced by a huge multi-barreled machine gun and she extracts a bloody revenge.
This movie is packed wall to wall with extreme cartoonish violence and lotsa blood gushing gore.
I loved it.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 03:06:09 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3239 on: October 24, 2023, 09:39:27 AM »

CAVERNA (2023): Acting students at an avant-garde commune/school undergo various exercises, including dream therapy, in a vain attempt to stimulate creativity. With no real story, just a mess of ideas that are never followed to a meaningful conclusion, it's like watching a workshop rehearsal for a movie rather than a completed project. 1/5.

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 252
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.