Main Menu

Happy Eclipse Day

Started by ER, April 08, 2024, 08:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

To all my idolized heroes, dear friends, treasured acquaintances, and much-admired badmovians!
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Rev. Powell

I am no eclipse expert. But what I looked up suggests that people who are in the path of the total eclipse will experience it for less than a minute to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, we have a partial eclipse, with about 98% coverage. But the paper is saying it will last for 2.5 hours (!)
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

claws

QuoteAt least four states within the path of totality have urged residents to stock up on groceries before the eclipse.

^

Conspiracy nuts are going wild over this, and the eclipse. "There is something they are not telling us"

Adding to the fuel, the LHD (a quantum mechanics machine) is also getting restarted during the eclipse. Coincidence? The nuts say no.

:buggedout:
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Well, it's dark where I am but that's because it's 6:20 pm 😉
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Leah

It's supposed to be raining here when the eclipse goes by.
yeah no.

LilCerberus

I drove three states with Keith Van Allen to see the last one, then endured the twelve hour commute back home....

These days, we're bot too old & tired for travel...

If it reaches these parts, I'm just going to look out my back door.....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

LilCerberus

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Rev. Powell

The eclipse was scheduled to start 15 minutes ago and nothing is apparent (I'm not looking directly at the sun, though). Workers are still doing yardwork outside. It's supposed to peak in an hour.

LilCerberus

LilCerberus

well, nothing noteworthy in this neighborhood

LilCerberus

Rev. Powell

Underwhelming, though I didn't have glasses to look at it. I saw some eclipses as a kid, once was enough. I suppose I am jaded to cosmic wonder.

indianasmith

We got 100% totality here, and it was the most amazing thing I've seen in my 60 years.
Even got a pretty decent "Ring of Fire" pic on my cell phone!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

pacman000

Totality was cool. We all ran outside to see the weird twilight world.
Video Game Article Archive: https://vgaa.neocities.org/
WebSiteRing, Listing Old Websites & Bible Verses since 2016! https://websitering.neocities.org/

FatFreddysCat

I was at work while the eclipse was goin' on so I missed the whole thing. Oh well. (shrugs)
Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat