Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:08:12 AM
715313 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 252
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 624546 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3600 on: March 06, 2024, 11:18:50 AM »

LOVE AND WORK (2024): Two underground workers fall in love in an alternate reality where working a job is a crime punishable by "time out." This deadpan, experimental, conceptual low-budget comedy, shot in black and white in grungy warehouses, raises some interesting ideas about our relationship to work---although maybe not quite enough for 90 minutes. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3601 on: March 08, 2024, 05:17:47 AM »

LEFT BEHIND (2014)
Nick Cage is a pilot flying to London when suddenly small children and religious people all over the world vanish. As in the Rapture. Choas strikes all over the world, and if you haven't been going to church-your s**t outtaluck. Basiclly it's a Christian disaster propaganda film.
The only thing I learned from this mess was being I saw a dog in the movie still alive is that dogs don't go to Heaven.
Unless yer a by the Good Book kinds person (and one that is easily entertainted by below average paplum)-skip this one.

See that look on Nicks face? I felt the same way watching this junk.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 05:28:31 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3602 on: March 08, 2024, 06:47:54 PM »

"Double Team" (1997)
A retired CIA agent (Jean-Claude Van Damme) is called back to active duty when an old terrorist enemy resurfaces after several years. When the bad guy kidnaps JCVD's pregnant wife, he enlists an oddball weapons dealer (NBA weirdo Dennis Rodman) to help him bring the bad guy down.
I remember this movie got absolutely ravaged by the critics when it came out, so I was expecting a s**t show of Biblical proportions... but honestly, it's not that terrible. Silly as hell, but no better or worse than most of Jean Claude's other shoot'em-ups from the same era. Don't expect Oscar caliber filmmaking, just turn your brain off and watch stuff explode for 90 minutes.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3603 on: March 09, 2024, 11:42:47 AM »

LEFT BEHIND (2014)

The only thing I learned from this mess was being I saw a dog in the movie still alive is that dogs don't go to Heaven.

I was nearly ejected from Sunday School in the 80s for fighting w/ the teacher over her insistence that animals had no souls and didn't go to Heaven. A year or so later ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN was released. I considered myself vindicated.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3604 on: March 09, 2024, 05:17:06 PM »

Tell No One (2006) - French attempt at a thriller that is available on numerous free channels so that tells you something. It's got the basic elements down but is executed in a confusing and boring way.

A guy and his wife are attacked while nude swimming in the middle of nowhere, as one does in this gross decadent country. Apparently she was a victim of a serial killer...or was she? Years later, the husband gets sent footage of a woman who appears to be her from CCTV footage of a random stairwell in some subway station. Sounds great right? It could have been

2.75 /5 has it's moments but ultimately they just couldn't pull it off. The reveal/ confession takes a ridiculous amount of time the person has like charts.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3605 on: March 09, 2024, 10:55:28 PM »

THE ABYSS (2022) A small mining town in Sweden is about to collapse into a giant sinkhole; as the town begins to fall apart, two teens are missing and mom (who is the mine's safety director) must go searching for them, along with her ex-husband and her new lover.  I tuned in because I thought it was a horror film; instead I found myself watching an excellent disaster/survival flick.
4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3606 on: March 10, 2024, 01:34:41 AM »

Find Me Guilty with Vin Diesel.

Worth a watch and it is on YouTube ☺️

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3607 on: March 10, 2024, 08:34:21 AM »

My trip down the Jean-Claude Van Damme rabbit hole continues thanks to Tubi...

"Legionnaire" (1999)
A boxer on the run from gangsters in 1920s France joins the French Foreign Legion to get out of the country. He gets shipped off to a remote outpost in Northern Africa, where the Legion is in constant battle with a native tribe.
This impressively staged, surprisingly lavish period piece was quite a change for JCVD -- it's not really an "action" picture, it's more of an old school "adventure drama." There is still a fair share of fighting and gun play, but JC's brooding, strong/silent hero type doesn't even spin-kick anybody!
Even though he's clearly trying very hard, JCVD's still not much of an actor, but the movie surrounds him with interesting supporting characters that keep him, and the movie, afloat. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3608 on: March 10, 2024, 09:32:38 AM »

THE ABYSS (2022) A small mining town in Sweden is about to collapse into a giant sinkhole; as the town begins to fall apart, two teens are missing and mom (who is the mine's safety director) must go searching for them, along with her ex-husband and her new lover.  I tuned in because I thought it was a horror film; instead I found myself watching an excellent disaster/survival flick.
4/5

Sounds like a cash-in on Norway's THE WAVE and THE QUAKE... entertaining if somewhat predictable disaster flicks w/ essentially the same family melodrama dynamic....... only with a tidal wave and an earthquake instead of a sinkhole.  BounceGiggle
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3609 on: March 10, 2024, 03:03:58 PM »

"Legionnaire" (1999)
A boxer on the run from gangsters in 1920s France joins the French Foreign Legion to get out of the country. He gets shipped off to a remote outpost in Northern Africa, where the Legion is in constant battle with a native tribe.
This impressively staged, surprisingly lavish period piece was quite a change for JCVD -- it's not really an "action" picture, it's more of an old school "adventure drama." There is still a fair share of fighting and gun play, but JC's brooding, strong/silent hero type doesn't even spin-kick anybody!
Even though he's clearly trying very hard, JCVD's still not much of an actor, but the movie surrounds him with interesting supporting characters that keep him, and the movie, afloat. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

recommend his next movie after that, DESERT HEAT. quite preposterous but good fun

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3610 on: March 10, 2024, 03:21:43 PM »

The ending to Legionnaire was epic. JCVD understands the middle east better than our last 10 presidents
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3611 on: March 10, 2024, 03:22:34 PM »

"Legionnaire" (1999)

recommend his next movie after that, DESERT HEAT. quite preposterous but good fun

His South African movie WAKE OF DEATH is also quite good.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3612 on: March 10, 2024, 03:55:16 PM »

Dreams (1990)

weirdest movie I've seen in a long while...

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

and I've got about an hour left in this

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3613 on: March 10, 2024, 09:54:57 PM »

"The Shark Is Still Working" (2007)
The late, great Roy "Chief Brody" Scheider narrates this cool documentary on the enduring phenomenon of the original "Jaws." It covers all the bases from the film's famously problem-plagued production to its becoming the first bona fide "summer blockbuster," and its continued influence on film making to this very day. Lots of cool vintage behind-the-scenes footage and commentary from the movie's stars, crew, and fans make this a must-see for Jaws nerds.

Jim H

« Reply #3614 on: March 10, 2024, 10:52:33 PM »

Damsel - A princess is basically sold to another kingdom.  Turns out it's to be dragon chow.  Not a spoiler, the trailers show this immediately.  Plot is sort of a riff on Dragonslayer, tilted around.  It's passably entertaining I thought.  Millie Bobby Brown is OK in the lead.  The dragon has a very good design and a very well chosen voice.  Surprisingly gruesome for PG-13.  

I dunno, hard to comment on very positively or critically.  I liked the ending, but thought the film was trying to have character arcs and growth (that the princess is tearing up her own wedding dress and accoutrements to save herself is some kind of metaphor) but it didn't really land.  I felt there were missed moments with the dragon as a character.  It's a little silly at times, but think of the whale in Avatar 2 - it basically gets its own mini arc and has to make a major decision.  Something like that here would have been nice, as they try to have the dragon be more than a monster but don't fully committ.  That's the thing about the film - there's ingredients for a better film, felt like it needed a second writing pass or something.

Oh, and man, a lot of the caverns where it's obviously green screened or the Volume look like crap.  It's distracting.  Same with the costumes and production design - they're really good, but they always look way too crisp and new.  Practically every period Netflix show/movie is like this, and it never stops being annoying.

Still, I enjoyed it.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 252
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.