Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:47:39 AM
715337 Posts in 53131 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 110014 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1260 on: September 22, 2023, 09:41:48 PM »

The only way I could kill someone is in self-defense, or maybe defense of another in immediate peril.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1261 on: September 22, 2023, 10:09:48 PM »

I was in the military, but my role was decidedly noncombatant in nature.  Still, I trained with weapons and I practiced martial arts for many years.
Could I kill if I had to?  I think so.  Would I?  If they were going to hurt someone I loved, I think I would do it without hesitation.
And need years of therapy afterwards!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1262 on: September 23, 2023, 12:35:26 AM »

Would you ever kill somebody?
If they were trying to kill me- f**k yes.
Would I go to war and kill someone. Oh hell no. NEVER. Kill someone I don't know because some rich cocksucker hates them? f**k that- YOU go kill 'em!
Unless it was WWII. Nazi's WERE trying to kill us. f**k Nazis. But I wasn't around then- so f**k no.

I grew up during a war: I was disappointed that the war ended in 1980 and I was only 12 so I couldn't join up.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1263 on: September 23, 2023, 03:50:46 AM »

Welcome back, John. Not that you ever really left. I guess since you've taken up where you left off, what I'd like to ask is if you're truly trying to pretend those things I said to you almost half a year ago on private message fell out of a clear blue sky, no provocation at all on your part going back literally years? Just me one day getting it into my head that I was abruptly going to send you those posts? No reason at all, you were as blameless as a babe, you never in your life did one single thing to inspire any of that? No grouchy zings at me ever, no singling me out again and again with snide comments, nothing at all to make me get my fill and finally tell you off? You're an innocent victim of another person's sudden malice? I just spontaneously woke up and said, hey, I think I'll go after AHD today? The answer is no, John, you can't say that. When someone has enough and responds to a provocation as I did in your case, it's not a one-sided quarrel, and to whine when you finally did get me to respond is hypocritical. It's the nature of quarrels that mean and unnecessary things get said. That's why it's best not to have them. You're not a troll, you're a member here who has contributed a lot. And you're a grouch. You also do seem honestly puzzled as to why I wrote all that to you, so I'd tell you just as honestly that you tried for years to devil me for your own amusement, I repeatedly asked you to stop, and I had enough. You provoked the response I gave you and as far as I was concerned the matter was over. You made trouble, I blew off steam. Now you reappear to try for sympathy, which I don't doubt some will give you, to play a victim, and to make trouble while reaching shamelessly for allies. It should be beneath the dignity of a man to keep fighting with a woman. It should be beneath the dignity of those who make trouble to clutch at a victim card when they get hit back. I showed patience with you for a long time and even came to your aid a time or two, but in your mind you have no guilt. You are also acting like this is some big sneak attack when you've already posted much of this, and I also said last spring to go ahead, I wouldn't be so daft as to say anything in private to you I couldn't bear to be made public. People who cry when their own actions lead to them getting hit back are weak indeed, but there's a lot of that in this world. John, be a man.

really, b***h? who do you think you're fooling besides the poor fool that's in love with who you pretend to be, despite his devotions elsewhere? shall we talk about some of the things you've said to me too? like calling me a murderer because i chose my own life over a blob of flesh when i was young? or because i chose my own life over a fetus that would have killed me during birth, even as much as i wanted to give my friend a child? or the disgusting insults you threw at me because we are polygamous? YOU CHEAT , and you do it online , you make it obvious. and you get p**sed off when the men you hit on don't respond accordingly.
  THAT  is why you did this to john. you won't win, ellie, trust me on that. i won't let you destroy this haven. and i am a LOT more influential than you are, remember that. you WILL lose this battle. please keep talking about your victimhood, it just shows who you really are.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1264 on: September 23, 2023, 08:26:53 AM »

Welcome back, John. Not that you ever really left. I guess since you've taken up where you left off, what I'd like to ask is if you're truly trying to pretend those things I said to you almost half a year ago on private message fell out of a clear blue sky, no provocation at all on your part going back literally years? Just me one day getting it into my head that I was abruptly going to send you those posts? No reason at all, you were as blameless as a babe, you never in your life did one single thing to inspire any of that? No grouchy zings at me ever, no singling me out again and again with snide comments, nothing at all to make me get my fill and finally tell you off? You're an innocent victim of another person's sudden malice? I just spontaneously woke up and said, hey, I think I'll go after AHD today? The answer is no, John, you can't say that. When someone has enough and responds to a provocation as I did in your case, it's not a one-sided quarrel, and to whine when you finally did get me to respond is hypocritical. It's the nature of quarrels that mean and unnecessary things get said. That's why it's best not to have them. You're not a troll, you're a member here who has contributed a lot. And you're a grouch. You also do seem honestly puzzled as to why I wrote all that to you, so I'd tell you just as honestly that you tried for years to devil me for your own amusement, I repeatedly asked you to stop, and I had enough. You provoked the response I gave you and as far as I was concerned the matter was over. You made trouble, I blew off steam. Now you reappear to try for sympathy, which I don't doubt some will give you, to play a victim, and to make trouble while reaching shamelessly for allies. It should be beneath the dignity of a man to keep fighting with a woman. It should be beneath the dignity of those who make trouble to clutch at a victim card when they get hit back. I showed patience with you for a long time and even came to your aid a time or two, but in your mind you have no guilt. You are also acting like this is some big sneak attack when you've already posted much of this, and I also said last spring to go ahead, I wouldn't be so daft as to say anything in private to you I couldn't bear to be made public. People who cry when their own actions lead to them getting hit back are weak indeed, but there's a lot of that in this world. John, be a man.

really, b***h? who do you think you're fooling besides the poor fool that's in love with who you pretend to be, despite his devotions elsewhere? shall we talk about some of the things you've said to me too? like calling me a murderer because i chose my own life over a blob of flesh when i was young? or because i chose my own life over a fetus that would have killed me during birth, even as much as i wanted to give my friend a child? or the disgusting insults you threw at me because we are polygamous? YOU CHEAT , and you do it online , you make it obvious. and you get p**sed off when the men you hit on don't respond accordingly.
  THAT  is why you did this to john. you won't win, ellie, trust me on that. i won't let you destroy this haven. and i am a LOT more influential than you are, remember that. you WILL lose this battle. please keep talking about your victimhood, it just shows who you really are.

Please quit. You are fragrantly violating the rules against personal attacks/flame wars. "She started it" is not a defense. PM this s**t if you must. Most of us do not care. A suspension comes next.

ER do not respond.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1265 on: September 24, 2023, 11:13:58 AM »

If you had to choose, live poor in a civil rights-enshrining democracy, or be wealthy in a totalitarian society?

I'd say poor and free.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1266 on: September 24, 2023, 11:56:58 AM »

If you are one of the rich ones in a totalitarian state the chances are you can either make the rules, or ignore them. Or both.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1267 on: September 24, 2023, 11:59:45 AM »

Do you have any band shirts?
I have 1 Black Flag, 2 Dead Kennedys, 1 AC/DC, 1 Ramones.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1268 on: September 24, 2023, 12:12:14 PM »

Offhand, got a few Iron Maiden and Motorhead ones, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Sabbat, Rob Zombie, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Alestorm, The Almighty, Tragedy, Machine Head... Doubtless a few other bands I've forgotten about.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1269 on: September 24, 2023, 12:17:10 PM »

If you are one of the rich ones in a totalitarian state the chances are you can either make the rules, or ignore them. Or both.

Pretty much what is going on in SA right now: the fat cats are getting fatter and we are getting poorer  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1270 on: September 24, 2023, 12:19:48 PM »

I also got a Dracula, Glenn Strange as Frankenstein, 3 Charlie Manson's, DeNiro in TAXI DRIVER, A Demon with the words NO LIVES MATTER, and Popeye.
T-shirts.
As far as goverments go- gee- I wanna be in a Nazi state- Go Trump!  TongueOut
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 12:22:28 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1271 on: September 24, 2023, 12:21:49 PM »

I also got a Dracula, Glenn Strange as Frankenstein, 3 Charlie Manson's, DeNiro in TAXI DRIVER, A Demon with the words NO LIVES MATTER, and Popeye.

I refuse to make a list of all my non-band tee shirts. I have a lot.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1272 on: September 24, 2023, 12:23:48 PM »

^ Give it a whirl!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1273 on: September 24, 2023, 12:38:46 PM »

^ Give it a whirl!  Thumbup

There ya go (except for the ones I've just finished washing (Sunday is laundry day)).

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:37:41 PM by Alex » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1274 on: September 24, 2023, 12:48:58 PM »

^ Dam! You got more clothes than I got weeds in my yard! And my yard is all weeds!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.