Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:06:07 AM
715339 Posts in 53131 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 110037 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1440 on: November 30, 2023, 02:35:07 AM »

So...how about them Mets? Huh, folks? Anyone? SOMEONE!?!?!?

I don't know, I don't follow baseball. Which suggests a personal question: what's your favorite spectator sport? Mine's basketball (Kentuckian, you see).

I'll say Quidditch. I haven't actually seen it played in real life outside of some clips, but the snitch is held in a sock-like sack hanging from the back of a player's pants. I imagine part of the challenge is to wrestle the snitch from the clenched buttcheeks of the snitch-holder. I think that would be entertaining to see.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 02:38:03 AM by Paquita » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1441 on: November 30, 2023, 04:45:27 AM »

I could never get into watching other people play sports very well. Either I am playing it myself or I got bored. The few sports I did watch tended to be more violent ones like boxing.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1442 on: November 30, 2023, 05:14:21 AM »

So...how about them Mets? Huh, folks? Anyone? SOMEONE!?!?!?

I don't know, I don't follow baseball. Which suggests a personal question: what's your favorite spectator sport? Mine's basketball (Kentuckian, you see).
It's football

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1443 on: November 30, 2023, 09:33:29 AM »

Tennis isn't fun to watch anymore, fewer interesting personalities, no depth to the rankings so the same few incredibly talented people dominate, and I see in hindsight how lucky I was to have experienced the sport in the second golden age that was the 1990s.

I would rather watch college football over pro but see maybe 1-2 games a year.

My dad goes in-sane during March Madness and I grew up with that, lol.

The Premier League works better for my attention span of the sport on a recap reel than sitting through two hours of guys kicking a ball around and almost scoring a point. I just wanna shout will someone just get get that ball in the net and hurry?!

So I guess....these days no sports. Not even Turkic horsemen dragging a decapitated sheep around on horseback, which is a thing over there, kid you not.

I was supposed to go up to Columbus Saturday for The Game, as my cousin calls it (watch at his house, I mean) but I spent the day in a state of total shock over something and didn't make it. The ghost of Man O' War with Babe Ruth on his back coulda won the Super Bowl on Centre Court Wimbledon and I'd barely noticed.

I think like movies and music, sports are in a depressed stage in this era.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 09:35:59 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1444 on: November 30, 2023, 06:24:44 PM »

Umm, I really don't care for sports. Not nearly enough risk of sudden, gruesome death.

I'd watch diving with there were sharks in the water. HUNGRY sharks.

Maybe landmines randomly placed on a football field.

Rabid dogs chasing long-distance runners.

Ooh, timers on race cars that will cause them to start exploding if the race doesn't end after X amount of time.

Well, now you see why folks don't like me hanging out while they watch sports either.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1445 on: November 30, 2023, 06:42:13 PM »

^ A few of those sports would be SO great.  Cheers

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1446 on: December 26, 2023, 12:11:11 AM »

i think it's time for me to join john in saying goodbye. this isn't the home it used to be, maybe because i'm too old, or maybe because some of you are too"young". i'll stop in now and again, but you can always find me on facebook, alex,bob,newt and the rev know who i am.
   congratulate yourself, ER.

don't EVEN...EVER!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1447 on: December 26, 2023, 09:56:50 AM »

i think it's time for me to join john in saying goodbye. this isn't the home it used to be, maybe because i'm too old, or maybe because some of you are too"young". i'll stop in now and again, but you can always find me on facebook, alex,bob,newt and the rev know who i am.

I forget, is this the eighth or the ninth time the cook has "left?"

Imagine how pathetic a life must be for a person to have absolutely nothing better to do on Christmas but to go online and sound off about a seven year old grudge that's lain dormant for months. I feel sorry for her, because that tells of an empty life with nothing but anger to fill it.

Oh, but of course as she likes to remind us, she doesn't celebrate Christmas because she's a witch who can do powerful spells. She can't use magic (sorry, "magick") to lift herself out of abject poverty or cure her ailing husband, but she can cast powerful spells all the same.

What a sad person.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1448 on: December 26, 2023, 10:37:24 AM »

I forget, is this the eighth or the ninth time the cook has "left?"

Imagine how pathetic a life must be for a person to have absolutely nothing better to do on Christmas but to go online and sound off about a seven year old grudge that's lain dormant for months. I feel sorry for her, because that tells of an empty life with nothing but anger to fill it.

Oh, but of course as she likes to remind us, she doesn't celebrate Christmas because she's a witch who can do powerful spells. She can't use magic (sorry, "magick") to lift herself out of abject poverty or cure her ailing husband, but she can cast powerful spells all the same.

What a sad person.

Yellow card: personal attack.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1449 on: December 26, 2023, 10:48:47 AM »

Favorite sport- boxing.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1450 on: December 26, 2023, 11:43:57 AM »

Favorite sport- boxing.

Mine: cricket and soccer 🏏⚽😌

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1451 on: December 26, 2023, 12:10:35 PM »

^ Boris Karloff's was cricket. Lugosi's was soccer.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1452 on: December 26, 2023, 12:54:55 PM »

^ Boris Karloff's was cricket. Lugosi's was soccer.

Wow: I knew Boris played for the Hollywood Cricket Club but I didn't know about Bela's fave sport 😊

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1453 on: January 17, 2024, 08:25:37 AM »

Hey, I'd almost forgotten about this thread!

OK, a five-minute no topics off limits conversation with God, or win the current Mega-Millions jackpot?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1454 on: January 17, 2024, 09:13:44 AM »

Hey, I'd almost forgotten about this thread!

OK, a five-minute no topics off limits conversation with God, or win the current Mega-Millions jackpot?

Interesting. My first thought is, jackpot is a sure thing, conversation is only worthwhile if God actually exists. Thinking further, convo with God is more valuable if it's somehow possible to guarantee a conversation happens if he exists. Then you would have certainty as to God's existence or non-existence, and if he exists, you can ask for the winning jackpot numbers.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.