Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:56:47 AM
715340 Posts in 53131 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 646153 times)
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1665 on: February 27, 2020, 01:40:40 PM »

Most "Before and After" advertisements you see for weightloss are the opposite of what you think. 

Companies take fit people and then pay them to gain weight for their "before" pictures. 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1666 on: February 28, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »

An oldie but a goodie: much of the dust in homes is composed of shed skin cells.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1667 on: February 28, 2020, 11:55:20 AM »

Billy Barker was a "host" of the cartoon series Barker Bill's Cartoon Show in the early 1950s.  The show was hosted by a stationary picture of the Barker Bill character with an off-camera announcer introducing the cartoons.
He also had a very short lived newspaper comic strip.  The show ended in 1956. 

Somehow he ended up getting his own NES game in 1990, created by Nintendo themselves. 

I have yet to find any explanation as to why this exists.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1668 on: February 28, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »

M and Ms.
"Melts in your mouth. Not in your hand."

Yesterday
plain -- peanut

Today
plain -- peanut -- almond -- caramel -- coffee nut -- dark chocolate -- hazel nut -- milk chocolate -- mint -- peanut butter -- pretzel -- white chocolate

And, actually, they will melt in you hand, if you hold 'em in you hand long enough. He knows, because he held 'em in his hand till they did melt.

Next time: an organization for veterans celebrates its centennial this year. Which one will be revealed next time.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1669 on: March 06, 2020, 04:15:14 PM »

These are the partners/[supporters] of an organization that is having its centennial this year.

A&W -- egAmerica -- ESPN -- Ford -- Frish's Big Boy -- Golden Corral -- governmentCIO -- Hankouk -- Price Chopper -- Southern Edge Knife Works -- True Car -- USAA -- Walt Disney Company -- Wells Fargo

One of the most eclectic lists of partners I have ever seen, and not without interest to me, as I can remember, when I was younger and lived in southern California, Frish's Big Boy was Bob's Big Boy, which makes me believe most of these are centered in southern California, even the ones that are so obscure I have never heard of them.

As for the organization, it is the DAV or Disabled American Veterans, of whcih my father was a member for many years, and was founded in 1920 as an advocate for the disabled American veterans of WWI.

Next time: there is the faux and there is the reality. Can you tell the difference?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1670 on: March 07, 2020, 11:08:58 AM »

An oldie but a goodie: much of the dust in homes is composed of shed skin cells.

Makes me wonder: if I have a dust allergy, and I live alone, does that mean I'm allergic to my own skin?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1671 on: March 07, 2020, 02:51:13 PM »

The US Forestry Service does not do what most people assume. It is FAR more about managing the destruction of forests, not the preservation of them.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #1672 on: March 08, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »

The very first TV commercial aired in the U.S. was for a New York based watch and clock company.  The commercial cost $9.  It aired in 1941 right before a Dodgers and Phillies baseball game.

The first made for TV movie that ever aired was called See How they Run.    it aired in 1964 and featured Leslie Nielsen.

It wasn't the first one made however.   The Killers was made first, but the studio decided it was too violent for Tv and released it in cinemas instead.  It starred Lee Marvin and Ronald Reagan.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1673 on: March 12, 2020, 04:13:30 PM »

He'll have a faux and a real comparison for everyone next time, as compensation, here are the New "Big 6" Among Global Media Companies.

Apple -- Amazon -- AT&T -- Comcast -- Disney -- and Netflix.

All of which now or will offer a streaming service, and as a comparison, here are the Old "Big 6" Among Global Media Companies.

20th Century Fox -- Warner Brothers -- Universal -- Paramount -- Disney -- and Columbia.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1674 on: March 12, 2020, 04:18:40 PM »

Makes me wonder: if I have a dust allergy, and I live alone, does that mean I'm allergic to my own skin?

Some people do suffer from this.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1675 on: March 14, 2020, 07:41:49 AM »

Immortan Joe in Mad Max: Fury Road was portrayed by the same actor who played Toecutter in the first movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #1676 on: March 14, 2020, 08:21:05 AM »

After the distribution rights expired for Paramount, the 1975 cult film The Stepford Wives is now owned by Pharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers Squibb.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1677 on: March 16, 2020, 11:25:08 PM »

Humphrey Bogart used to hustle people at chess for money.  He continued to do this even when he was shooting movies. 

In Casablanca there's a scene of Rick studying a chessboard.  The positions are from one of Bogart's correspondence games.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1678 on: March 17, 2020, 04:02:02 AM »

I nearly pee'd myself from laughing this morning.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1679 on: March 18, 2020, 10:07:50 AM »

WWII delayed production of The Quiet Man for the best part of a decade.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.