Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:05:44 PM
715299 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 252
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 624285 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2610 on: February 09, 2023, 05:26:16 PM »

Yeah I did too.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2611 on: February 09, 2023, 09:43:09 PM »

"In The Mouth of Madness" (1994)
A publishing house hires an investigator (Sam Neill) to locate their best-selling horror novelist, who's mysteriously disappeared. The search takes him to a remote New England town where the writer has been busily channeling ancient Lovecraftian horrors through his books and unleashing them into the "real" world to create murder and chaos.
Somehow I'd managed to miss this John Carpenter goodie till now (I think I may have had it confused with his earlier flick "Prince Of Darkness," which I have seen), but I'm glad I finally caught up with it because it's weird, creepy, atmospheric, and quite excellent; possibly one of JC's best. Better late than never, eh?

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2612 on: February 09, 2023, 10:29:09 PM »

TROLL (2022) - A Norwegian construction project tunneling under a mountain unleashes a 150 foot tall mountain troll, who heads straight for Oslo in order to reclaim the lair humans stole from his kind centuries ago.  Bombs and missiles have no effect.  How can the capitol city be saved?  This is a pretty fun Eruo-kaiju film with some nice monster effects, mayhem, and bits of comic relief thrown in for good measure.  I was entertained. 4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2613 on: February 10, 2023, 01:51:41 AM »

indiana why do you use so many spaces after a period? i think I asked you this 20 years ago
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2614 on: February 10, 2023, 07:27:30 AM »

indiana why do you use so many spaces after a period? i think I asked you this 20 years ago

Usually only two.  That's how I was taught to write in high school and college, many years ago.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2615 on: February 10, 2023, 09:12:27 AM »

Usually only two.  That's how I was taught to write in high school and college, many years ago.

That is how we did it in the days of manual typewriters. It had to do with font size and clarity. On computer screens this no longer became a problem. I was always taught this too, and wasn't even aware until about ten years ago that the standard practice had changed.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2616 on: February 10, 2023, 09:20:26 AM »

That is how we did it in the days of manual typewriters. It had to do with font size and clarity. On computer screens this no longer became a problem. I was always taught this too, and wasn't even aware until about ten years ago that the standard practice had changed.

In some weird way, the "two-space" approach has been absorbed and retained into our cultural DNA. I am a high school English teacher and college writing instructor. We're still catching and correcting (young) students who insert the now unnecessary extra space. Many of them never absorbed the necessity of using commas or even sometimes periods, yet somehow they've picked up on hitting [Space] twice after a sentence. It's inexplicable!
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2617 on: February 11, 2023, 09:28:07 PM »

Rewatched the first "Living Dead" set, i.e., Night, Dawn, Day, and now Land. Not as good as I remembered them; used to give them a 7 or 8 out of 10, like most, but now 6 and at best 7. The problem lies with lack of content to develop, leading to various scenes that drag, although special effects and set design appear to be sufficient.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2618 on: February 12, 2023, 09:34:48 AM »

Weekend Double Feature -

BUNNI (202something) - Drunk college kids break into an old adult novelty store and get killed by a crazy woman wearing a bunny mask.  Protagonists were all utterly detestable and the plot made no sense.  Cute actresses, though. 2/5

THE HILLS RUN RED (2009) - I think I may have seen this when it first came out, but I'd forgotten all about it.  A young filmmaker enlists his girlfriend and his best friend (who are fooling around behind his back) to help him find a lost horror film from the 1980's entitled THE HILLS RUN RED.  He locates the daughter of the film's director, who is a drug-addicted stripper, still recovering from the trauma of having a starring role in the movie.  She leads them to a remote house where the movie was made - only for them to discover that the movie was never finished, and  they now have starring roles!
Gruesome and gory, full of plot twists, this is a very well done horror film!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2619 on: February 16, 2023, 08:01:43 AM »

"Bedazzled" (1967)
A nerdy Englishman (Dudley Moore) sells his soul to Satan (Peter Cook) in order to get the girl of his dreams. Unfortunately, each of the seven wishes that the Devil provides to him to make that happen all fail spectacularly.
This swinging '60s comedy gets off to a slow start but picks up steam as it moves along. Moore and Cook are a great team and the late Raquel Welch (R.I.P. beautiful!) has a brief but pivotal role as one of the Seven Deadly Sins (of course, she's "Lust."). Remade in the early 2000s with Brendan Fraser in the Moore role and Elizabeth Hurley as Satan.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2620 on: February 16, 2023, 03:28:22 PM »

"Fuzz" (1972)
The overworked, under-staffed crew of a gritty inner city police precinct deals with a serial rapist, a pair of teenage arsonists, and a plot to murder the Mayor of Boston in this talky, overly busy police satire based on Ed McBain's "87th Precinct" novels.
"Fuzz" sounded like a home run based on its impressive cast that includes Burt Reynolds, Yul Brynner, Raquel Welch and a young Tom "Alien" Skerritt, but there's so many sub-plots and irrelevant things going on that the movie eventually turned into a hopeless muddle. Skip it.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2621 on: February 16, 2023, 04:48:56 PM »

Fatfreddy- Drimblewedge and the Vegetation was my favorite part of Bedazzled  "I Don't care about you..."

Old Growth Murder (2022) - depressing documentary about a french cyclist who is murdered while trying to traverse North America in 1988. From the begining, it's pretty clear who did it but it's impossible to prove due to politics (the suspects are part of a native america rights group) and poor police evidence handling. There's a really long dip into a previous crime the suspects were exonerated from, but the extra time kind of just retells the same sort of information. It also lacks a activist sort of angle that can make these things compelling. No one is trying to do anything to bring the killers to justice. very sad story

4/5
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 04:29:38 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2622 on: February 16, 2023, 09:35:42 PM »

"3 From Hell" (2013)
The third and (hopefully) final installment in Rob Zombie's trailer-park horror trilogy that started with "House of 1000 Corpses" picks up ten years after the events of "The Devil's Rejects." Captain Spaulding was executed in prison, but Otis and Baby are busted out of jail by Otis' half brother Foxworth, aka "Foxy," and the trio go on the road again for another orgy of ultra-violence that ends up in a bloody final showdown in Mexico.
"3 From Hell" isn't terrible, but it was mostly unnecessary and it definitely could've been at least 30 minutes shorter.
If you liked the previous pair of films, you might as well watch this one too just to check it off your list, but otherwise there's no need to bother.

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2623 on: February 17, 2023, 09:25:27 AM »

"3 From Hell" (2013)
Captain Spaulding was executed in prison, but Otis and Baby are busted out of jail by Otis' half brother Foxworth, aka "Foxy," and the trio go on the road again for another orgy of ultra-violence that ends up in a bloody final showdown in Mexico.

HARD PASS on this one. Sid Haig was for me the only (though robust) redeeming factor of HO1KC. I realize that this will be yet another unpopular opinion, but even Sid couldn't make TDR a tolerable experience for me. "Another orgy of ultra-violence" from Zombie SANS Captain Spaulding seems particularly unnecessary at this point...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2624 on: February 17, 2023, 04:30:28 PM »

I haven't made it through one of Tubi's black movies yet so this guys review of Lot Lizards is my review

https://twitter.com/Kenxpowers/status/1481437215267987465
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 252
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.