Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:02:12 PM
715248 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 121090 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »

The most recent Presidential historian's poll put Reagan in the top ten, Sven, so I would say that your personal animus simply doesn't match the verdict of history thus far.   

As for the most bada$$ President, TR, hands down, with Andrew Jackson a close second.

Cracked.com has a great article from a few years back called "The Five Most Bada$$ Presidents of All Time."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2018, 09:24:49 PM »

the presidential polls are bulls**t. if you started war that killed a billion people you are automatically in the top 5 because the pollster are academics and media people who get paid to write about such things.

https://www.amazon.com/Recarving-Rushmore-Ranking-Presidents-Prosperity/dp/1598130226

In his book Recarving Rushmore: Ranking the Presidents on Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty, Ivan Eland gives high grades to presidents who left the American people alone to enjoy peace and prosperity, such as Grover Cleveland, Martin Van Buren, and Rutherford B. Hayes. The fact that you can’t remember what any of those presidents did is a plus. At the bottom he places Wilson, Truman, McKinley, Polk, and George W. Bush.

The best president according to Eland was John Tyler (1), who defied his party in order to veto tariff hikes, a new national bank, and infrastructure projects, in addition to which he ended the longest and bloodiest Indian war in US history.

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/12/121015-9.html
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 10:31:50 PM »

Jesus never ran for office or sought political power, so why do so many people claiming to follow his ways do it?  Question

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »

Jesus never ran for office or sought political power, so why do so many people claiming to follow his ways do it?  Question
Because most people in democracies are Christians.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 11:24:32 PM »

Read it in the funny papers today....
Two kinds of people you should never trust:
Religious leaders who tell you how to vote
and Political leaders who tell you how to pray.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »

the presidential polls are bulls**t. if you started war that killed a billion people you are automatically in the top 5 because the pollster are academics and media people who get paid to write about such things.

https://www.amazon.com/Recarving-Rushmore-Ranking-Presidents-Prosperity/dp/1598130226

In his book Recarving Rushmore: Ranking the Presidents on Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty, Ivan Eland gives high grades to presidents who left the American people alone to enjoy peace and prosperity, such as Grover Cleveland, Martin Van Buren, and Rutherford B. Hayes. The fact that you can’t remember what any of those presidents did is a plus. At the bottom he places Wilson, Truman, McKinley, Polk, and George W. Bush.

The best president according to Eland was John Tyler (1), who defied his party in order to veto tariff hikes, a new national bank, and infrastructure projects, in addition to which he ended the longest and bloodiest Indian war in US history.

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/12/121015-9.html

Tyler was the ONLY former President who sided with the Confederacy when the Civil War broke out.  He died in 1862, a traitor to the country that had entrusted him with its highest office.  He was also the first President to be expelled from the party which elected him.
Frankly, I don't agree with Libertarians on much, so this author doesn't impress me.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »

Tyler was the ONLY former President who sided with the Confederacy when the Civil War broke out.

whose point are you trying to make  Cheers
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »

Reagan couldn't fund aids at all. Congress allocates funds,  congress sets the budget.  Aids research was funded by congress.  Ronnie ignored aids until president Nancy told him to talk about it.  People don't get that the president doesn't fund things,  congress does. The president can ask for funding but congress gives it.

As to funding aids more than cancer,  2 things.  1 cancer had been studied heavily for a long time,  aids was new.  Also the extent of how contagious aids might be was uncertain at the time,  studying it's transmission levels was a damn good idea.

The executive branch creates and submits budgets, Sven.

Honestly I think so many of your prejudices are just that, prejudices, unbased on fact and reality.

You Gave Reagan an A and Obama an F-.  That alone shapes my opinion of your political views.

Noooo, by prejudices I meant things like you calling everyone from Alabama "inbred" and you stereotyping all billion and a half Chinese in ways that sound like the return of the Yellow Menace, or calling Walmart workers "bots" and other sweeping, unkind generalizations about conservatives, Christians, Trump voters, women, babies, past Presidents, the rich, the poor, the police, the military, doctors, priests, etc. etc. etc. You know, the attitude you have that makes you wish large groups of people, including my children, would "die"?

No, you mostly have a handle on my outlook, though you miss the fact I find danger in the extremes of both directions of the political spectrum, and also that I stand for free expression above nearly all else. Metaphorically speaking, these days the left seems to be burning more books than the right, so I am more leery of it.

Truth is when you're not spewing misinformation and hate you come up with many good topics here, from A or B to quite a few more. I just figure you're lonely, sad, misinformed, bigoted, confused, angry, and eat too much sugar, all of which are correctable.  Thumbup

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »

Reagan couldn't fund aids at all. Congress allocates funds,  congress sets the budget.  Aids research was funded by congress.  Ronnie ignored aids until president Nancy told him to talk about it.  People don't get that the president doesn't fund things,  congress does. The president can ask for funding but congress gives it.

As to funding aids more than cancer,  2 things.  1 cancer had been studied heavily for a long time,  aids was new.  Also the extent of how contagious aids might be was uncertain at the time,  studying it's transmission levels was a damn good idea.

The executive branch creates and submits budgets, Sven.

Honestly I think so many of your prejudices are just that, prejudices, unbased on fact and reality.

You Gave Reagan an A and Obama an F-.  That alone shapes my opinion of your political views.

Noooo, by prejudices I meant things like you calling everyone from Alabama "inbred" and you stereotyping all billion and a half Chinese in ways that sound like the return of the Yellow Menace, or calling Walmart workers "bots" and other sweeping, unkind generalizations about conservatives, Christians, Trump voters, women, babies, past Presidents, the rich, the poor, the police, the military, doctors, priests, etc. etc. etc. You know, the attitude you have that makes you wish large groups of people, including my children, would "die"?

No, you mostly have a handle on my outlook, though you miss the fact I find danger in the extremes of both directions of the political spectrum, and also that I stand for free expression above nearly all else. Metaphorically speaking, these days the left seems to be burning more books than the right, so I am more leery of it.

Truth is when you're not spewing misinformation and hate you come up with many good topics here, from A or B to quite a few more. I just figure you're lonely, sad, misinformed, bigoted, confused, angry, and eat too much sugar, all of which are correctable.  Thumbup

Why can't you two just admit that you're in love with each other?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »

...I just figure you're lonely, sad, misinformed, bigoted, confused, angry, and eat too much sugar, all of which are correctable.  Thumbup

Gee, I thought I was the "lonely, sad" one...   Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2018, 12:10:13 PM »

...I just figure you're lonely, sad, misinformed, bigoted, confused, angry, and eat too much sugar, all of which are correctable.  Thumbup

Gee, I thought I was the "lonely, sad" one...   Question

Nah, you were lonely "and bitter."  Wink

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2018, 12:16:08 PM »

...I just figure you're lonely, sad, misinformed, bigoted, confused, angry, and eat too much sugar, all of which are correctable.  Thumbup

Gee, I thought I was the "lonely, sad" one...   Question

Nah, you were lonely "and bitter."  Wink
No, no.  No.  It was "lonely and sad:.   Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »

Hmmm, have you ever thought of moving in with Sven and mutually curing that condition then? I smell great sitcim potential. Or maybe Court TV movie of the week... Just sayin'.   TeddyR

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2018, 12:26:09 PM »

Did you all go out and vote today in the US? Remember, vote early and often.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2018, 12:41:45 PM »

Did you all go out and vote today in the US? Remember, vote early and often.

Agreed. Make your voice heard, or be ignored.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.