Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:35:59 PM
715248 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 121095 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:56 AM »

He's become a symbol of professional a--holes and trolls,  I. E.  Trump supporters.
........ that whole thing is one of the dumbest things I have heard. It's a s**tty frog meme.

How did you miss this whole story two years ago?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/pepe-frog-dead-meme-matt-furie-kills-alt-right-image-white-supremacists-hijacked-a7723586.html

I never even heard of "Pepe" before the flap about the alt-right using him to support Trump.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »

Ahh, now I remember. Yeah, I think that it's a reaction to when Hillary's crew said that it's a symbol of hate. Personally I still think that the whole thing is a waste of energy.

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »

He's become a symbol of professional a--holes and trolls,  I. E.  Trump supporters.
........ that whole thing is one of the dumbest things I have heard. It's a s**tty frog meme.

How did you miss this whole story two years ago?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/pepe-frog-dead-meme-matt-furie-kills-alt-right-image-white-supremacists-hijacked-a7723586.html

I never even heard of "Pepe" before the flap about the alt-right using him to support Trump.

Same here. I've never seen him used in a non hateful way.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »

Who the f**k is Pepe?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2018, 05:17:59 PM »

Cartoon frog.
EDIT: here's some Pepe, and I still believe that he's being falsely accused of being a meme of hate

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:28:32 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2018, 11:59:03 PM »

This was my FB post tonight:

After some thought and reflection, here are some of my takeaways from the mid-terms:

A. With the Republicans controlling the Senate and actually picking up a couple of seats, impeachment is most likely off the table. Although my personal loathing of Trump is so strong I would love nothing better than seeing him removed from the job in disgrace, the facts are that an impeachment trial would divide our already fractured country even further and most likely fail to convict, since there has never been a successful impeachment trial of an American President.

B. With the Democrats in control of the House, this President's life is about to get a good deal more difficult. They will investigate his wrongdoings with vigor and enthusiasm, and he won't get a free pass on his non-stop barrage of lies and exaggerations anymore. I foresee many subpoenas being issued to the White House over the next year, and some of them may be merited. Trump's team has played fast and loose with the law, and it's going to catch up with them.

C. Given that the President's party did better than many expected in terms of managing their losses, the more radical Democrats will not look as attractive to donors and pundits for 2020, which means that the likely nominee is going to be more centrist and lest extremist. That is good for the Democratic Party and for the country as a whole, since the center is where the real art of governance has traditionally taken place.

D. The likelihood of a strong challenge within the Republican Party to President Trump is lessened somewhat by the party's gains in the Senate and better than expected performance in the House. However, it is still quite likely that Trump will be challenged for the GOP nomination by a more traditional Republican candidate, especially if the parade of scandals, indictments, and criminal allegations continues. While this challenger will most likely not win the nomination, the presence of such a challenge usually bodes ill for the incumbent President in the general election.

E. All that being said, my favorite story of the whole night was that, in Nevada, a dead pimp won some 67% of the votes in his district and was elected to the United States of America. Only in America could a recently deceased brothel owner win a seat in the national legislature! Or, as I saw one meme put it: Dead democrats may get to vote, but dead Republicans actually win elections!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2018, 02:20:53 AM »

This was my FB post tonight:

After some thought and reflection, here are some of my takeaways from the mid-terms:

A. With the Republicans controlling the Senate and actually picking up a couple of seats, impeachment is most likely off the table. Although my personal loathing of Trump is so strong I would love nothing better than seeing him removed from the job in disgrace, the facts are that an impeachment trial would divide our already fractured country even further and most likely fail to convict, since there has never been a successful impeachment trial of an American President.

B. With the Democrats in control of the House, this President's life is about to get a good deal more difficult. They will investigate his wrongdoings with vigor and enthusiasm, and he won't get a free pass on his non-stop barrage of lies and exaggerations anymore. I foresee many subpoenas being issued to the White House over the next year, and some of them may be merited. Trump's team has played fast and loose with the law, and it's going to catch up with them.

C. Given that the President's party did better than many expected in terms of managing their losses, the more radical Democrats will not look as attractive to donors and pundits for 2020, which means that the likely nominee is going to be more centrist and lest extremist. That is good for the Democratic Party and for the country as a whole, since the center is where the real art of governance has traditionally taken place.

D. The likelihood of a strong challenge within the Republican Party to President Trump is lessened somewhat by the party's gains in the Senate and better than expected performance in the House. However, it is still quite likely that Trump will be challenged for the GOP nomination by a more traditional Republican candidate, especially if the parade of scandals, indictments, and criminal allegations continues. While this challenger will most likely not win the nomination, the presence of such a challenge usually bodes ill for the incumbent President in the general election.

E. All that being said, my favorite story of the whole night was that, in Nevada, a dead pimp won some 67% of the votes in his district and was elected to the United States of America. Only in America could a recently deceased brothel owner win a seat in the national legislature! Or, as I saw one meme put it: Dead democrats may get to vote, but dead Republicans actually win elections!!

Yep, republican voters sure showed their deep commitment to christian and biblical values by voting for a "whoremonger", to use a biblical era phrase. I loved that too.

Seriously if the right is going to wave the bible and scream "GOD!" all the time can't they act like they actually believe in that stuff?

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2018, 07:34:34 AM »

First of all, President Trump was not on the ballot Tuesday, so I'm not sure who you are talking about unless it's the brothel guy.  That election was in Nevada, not a state known for its strong evangelical base!
But yes, I am appalled at the enthusiastic support that so many Christians have thrown to this godless man, and his utter immorality is the main reason that I could not vote for him.  However, the Democratic Party has done little to court Christian votes since the 80's, and their relentless championing of abortion and sexual deviancy seems unlikely to change.
I voted for a third party moral conservative candidate last time and will likely do so again . . . unless I choose to run myself, which I am thinking about.
So what about it?  Can I rely on your vote?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2018, 01:42:50 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »

First of all, President Trump was not on the ballot Tuesday, so I'm not sure who you are talking about unless it's the brothel guy.  That election was in Nevada, not a state known for its strong evangelical base!
But yes, I am appalled at the enthusiastic support that so many Christians have thrown to this godless man, and his utter immorality is the main reason that I could not vote for him.  However, the Democratic Party has done little to court Christian votes since the 80's, and their relentless championing of abortion and sexual deviancy seems unlikely to change.
I voted for a third party moral conservative candidate last time and will likely do so again . . . unless I choose to run myself, which I am thinking about.
So what about it?  Can I rely on your vote?

You over trump?  Yeah,  you've got  my vote. In the primary.  For the general i'm voting for the Dem.

As to why I bright the ochre tumor into this,  he's a symbol of one reason I don't like a lot of people claiming to be religious in america.  They like to beat other people over the head with their views and demand their views be respected and held above criticism,  but boy,  when the proverbial rubber meets the metaphorical road, they don't follow their views very closely.  They vote for candidates who worship Mammon if any god,  certainly not Jesus.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:05:36 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2018, 03:11:24 PM »

Yep.  And if the shooter is Muslim the response is "Ban Muslims!!!" If the shooter is Mexican it's "build the wall!!! " If he's black it's "Crush BLM! "

If he's  white as usual it's "This man obviously suffered severe mental illness,  he was obviously disturbed,  there were  a lot of issues that lead to this,  we can't blame all gun owners for this,  he got his gun legally so gun control won't work...... "

I honestly wonder what caused that marine to go on that bar room shooting spree.  I doubt we'll ever know.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:29:21 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »

Speaking of religion in American politics, all franken pretty much hit it dead center with this.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/bCqRp

Personally I think the last real christian we had in office was jimmy carter, and look at how the right treated him.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »

You over trump?  Yeah,  you've got  my vote. In the primary.  For the general i'm voting for the Dem.

As to why I bright the ochre tumor into this,  he's a symbol of one reason I don't like a lot of people claiming to be religious in america.  They like to beat other people over the head with their views and demand their views be respected and held above criticism,  but boy,  when the proverbial rubber meets the metaphorical road, they don't follow their views very closely.  They vote for candidates who worship Mammon if any god,  certainly not Jesus.
Perhaps this explains why you have always treated me unkindly and shabbily.  I expect you think that because I have asserted that I am Catholic, I must be religious and hate me for it.  I have a long memory, but I don't follow any member's writing here except RCMerchant, so I now see why ER has repeatedly alluded to this "hate" thing you have for religion.  You might be surprised how often we'd agree, but friendliness and courtesy are missing from your makeup.  That's a deal breaker.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:55:28 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2018, 07:55:03 PM »

RC has writing?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »

RC has writing?

Not really, but compared to you I'm Robert f**king Frost!  TongueOut
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:57:15 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.