Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:40:27 AM
715341 Posts in 53132 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 110063 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #495 on: May 13, 2023, 01:29:16 PM »

Then you're all  lucky. I've been afraid many times and sometimes for a long time. Always with reason though, and I always kept going.

You're a courageous person.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #496 on: May 13, 2023, 01:52:02 PM »

I've been afraid many times. Fear is something that has evolved to help us survive. I think the most I've ever been afraid was the night we lost Lilly-Beth and Kristi was having a bad reaction to the medication she'd been given. Nothing life-threatening, but that isn't how it felt. I really thought I was going to lose both of them. When my mind was playing tricks on me and I couldn't trust my own senses or memory, I was definitely afraid that I'd never be able to trust it again. That would be the longest I've been afraid of. I can't remember exactly how long that went on, but I'd estimate a couple of months before I got it under control. I suspect I was very afraid when I was being shot at or stabbed, but I was too busy dealing with the situation to really take notice of it. I remember being scared when I was on a lift that suddenly broke and plunged down, but I managed to keep myself calm and deal with it without panicking. Every time I get on an airplane, during take-off and landing I have an unreasonable fear that one of the wings will fall off, but I don't let it stop me from flying.

For anyone who has never felt afraid, I'd suggest going for therapy. You are missing a vital part of your psychological makeup that prevents you from doing stupid things. Not feeling it is not a good thing, quite the opposite. As long as you can deal with feeling it, it is a normal, healthy reaction.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #497 on: May 13, 2023, 02:05:30 PM »

...For anyone who has never felt afraid, I'd suggest going for therapy. You are missing a vital part of your psychological makeup that prevents you from doing stupid things. Not feeling it is not a good thing, quite the opposite. As long as you can deal with feeling it, it is a normal, healthy reaction.

I haven't spent much time considering fear, but I have experienced it.  Going to a new school is frightening when you're young.  Work problems like Am I going to be fired...?  Rough plane rides are scary.  Death beds are the worst, fear and sorrow. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #498 on: May 13, 2023, 02:14:52 PM »

Kristi is watching Eurovision and I am afraid she is going to expect me to pay attention.  BounceGiggle I am watching The Doom That Came To Gotham instead.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #499 on: May 13, 2023, 03:11:57 PM »

Considering fear, I forgot two TERRIFYING car rides I've been in with 2 different reckless drivers.  I haven't driven with either of them behind the wheel since.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #500 on: May 13, 2023, 03:18:50 PM »

All right, what's the bravest thing you've ever done?

I once had to get close to a genuine psychopath, someone I later associated with the concept of yandere. He could go from kind and generous and quiet to explosively violent and suspicious in an instant. Terrifying human being, and out of everything I ever did, being around him was the thing I was sure was most likely to get me killed in the long or short term. He later got murdered in prison.

On the lighter side, when I was a teenager Brian used to like to be up on tall places like hilltops and the roofs of buildings, and one night he started walking on the ledge of a building about sixty or seventy feet up and finally sat down with his feet hanging over the side and said come sit with me. I decided I'd rather fall to my death than let him know how terrified I was, so I went and sat beside him, and it was pretty cool being up there unseen above people, our legs dangling in open space, but I was scared the whole time, trying to hide it, which questionable judgment aside, was probably the bravest thing I'd done to that point in my life. Crazy time....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 03:22:15 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #501 on: May 13, 2023, 03:33:07 PM »

I guess it would have been when I was 11. I was out for Samhain taking two younger kids out. We were crossing an open park when a guy attacked the younger pair with a knife. I jumped between them and shouted to the pair to go get help while I tried to fight off an older attacker. Got my first knife wound that night when my left eyelid was slashed open, but luckily for me it didn't go any deeper and cut the eyeball itself.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #502 on: May 13, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »

Probably not killing myself after being horribly abused in my teens, facing up to the abuse and trying to move on with my life ☹️

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #503 on: May 13, 2023, 03:35:17 PM »

Lived on the streets of NYC in the 80's.
Never had any real problems, except for finding food. You would be surprised what you would do. Eat garbage. And I do mean garbage. Not brave. Not afraid. Just going on survival mode.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 03:40:59 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #504 on: May 13, 2023, 03:43:46 PM »

I guess it would have been when I was 11. I was out for Samhain taking two younger kids out. We were crossing an open park when a guy attacked the younger pair with a knife. I jumped between them and shouted to the pair to go get help while I tried to fight off an older attacker. Got my first knife wound that night when my left eyelid was slashed open, but luckily for me it didn't go any deeper and cut the eyeball itself.

America's gun culture is horrifying, no denying, but that knife s**t you guys got going on over there is twelve kinds of awful. That'd spook the hell out of me.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #505 on: May 13, 2023, 03:54:46 PM »

I'll take facing down someone with a knife over a gun any day of the week myself.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #506 on: May 13, 2023, 04:09:38 PM »

^ Imagine if people were just nice to each other.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #507 on: May 13, 2023, 06:25:06 PM »

In 2002, as my wife and I were in the process of moving to our current abode, I saw a home next to the highway we took that was on fire.  No one had arrived on the scene yet, so we pulled into the driveway.  My wife called the local fire department, and I kicked in the back door of the house to see if anyone was trapped inside.  You couldn't see the ceiling of the room due to the dense cloud of smoke filling the air, but I crawled on my hands and knees into the house, calling out to see if anyone was home.  No one was, and I backed out pretty quickly - but later on I realized that I had just kicked down a door and gone into a blazing home with zero protective gear or experience!
Firefighters appeared moments later and got the fire under control before it broke through the roof, and the owners were able to repair the house.  Then, two years later, it caught fire again and burned to the ground.  Weird.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #508 on: May 13, 2023, 08:54:04 PM »

What is the longest time in your life you've spend afraid?

3 months. my husband's old heart doctor convinced us that curtis would die without a new pacemaker battery, it too me 3 months to get together the money to pay for 1/2 of the operation. 6 months later, his new doctor told us he has never been pacemaker dependent at all. we could easily have waited for his medicare to start and the whole thing would have been free. yes, i'm in a class action suit to sue the old doctor.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #509 on: May 13, 2023, 08:59:06 PM »

I once had to get close to a genuine psychopath, someone I later associated with the concept of yandere. He could go from kind and generous and quiet to explosively violent and suspicious in an instant. Terrifying human being, and out of everything I ever did, being around him was the thing I was sure was most likely to get me killed in the long or short term. He later got murdered in prison.

On the lighter side, when I was a teenager Brian used to like to be up on tall places like hilltops and the roofs of buildings, and one night he started walking on the ledge of a building about sixty or seventy feet up and finally sat down with his feet hanging over the side and said come sit with me. I decided I'd rather fall to my death than let him know how terrified I was, so I went and sat beside him, and it was pretty cool being up there unseen above people, our legs dangling in open space, but I was scared the whole time, trying to hide it, which questionable judgment aside, was probably the bravest thing I'd done to that point in my life. Crazy time....

hhhmmm.... does it count if i didn't know it was " brave' at the time?

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.