Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:49:00 AM
715352 Posts in 53133 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh, Marvel-ous: More Comic-Book Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oh, Marvel-ous: More Comic-Book Movies  (Read 2659 times)
Squishy
« on: April 09, 2003, 06:44:50 AM »

According to Comics Continuum:

"Mark Steven Johnson, who wrote and directed the 'Daredevil' movie, has signed to direct 'Ghost Rider' for Columbia Pictures, with Nicolas Cage attached to star."

Please, Nic--be happy with Johnny Blaze (Ghost Rider's human alter-ego). You are NOT going to play Superman and survive the results. Just be careful and avoid the whole Michael Jackson-Pepsi commercial-accident thingie.

In spite of "Daredevil" trailing off massively at the box office--it just barely crossed the hundred-million-dollar mark, although that's not bad for one of Marvel's less publicly-recognized heroes--Mark Steven Johnson is still slated to direct its TWO sequels as well ("DD2" and "Elektra").

Anyone here ever read "Bulletproof Monk?" Movie looks like goofy fun, if wholly unoriginal. I'm probably going to skip "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"--it's dropped completely off radar after the release of that awful, campy trailer. Not a good sign at all.

And although she's not technically a comic-book character (even though she has a comic book), the trailer for "Lara Croft, Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life*" is up for viewing. It looks a bit less sucktacular than the first movie, but only because it doesn't have soft-drink tie-ins and walking statues. However, Angelina Jolie no longer looks the part.

Homer: "What's the matter? Too much junk in the trunk?"
Nun: "...Yes."
--"The Simpsons"

* Not to be confused with "Martha-Ann Sedgewick, Tomb Raider." C'mon, Paramount--anyone who gives a damn knows the main character of "Tomb Raider."
Todd R.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 08:09:37 AM »

I'm still ecstatic over news of the upcoming IRON MAN movie. Ol' Shellhead is finally going to be on the big screen...
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 08:41:59 AM »

BTW, Wal-Mart now has Hulk fists -- big green fist-gloves that make smashing noises when you hit things.  Almost as good as the Hulk Inflata-Chest from the '70's.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 01:01:42 PM »

Oh yeah.  Those Hulk fists rule.  I found a pair which had been opened by some overeager young moppet and proceeded to run around the store punching everything and growling "Hulk smash!"

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 09:38:19 PM »

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly reported that Thomas Jane had signed on to play The Punisher.  But can he top Dolph Lundgren?

I have one issue of Bulletproof Monk, mostly for the Tim Sale art (which wasn't that great).  Don't see what it has to do with the movie.  The movie looks like an update of REMO WILLIAMS, but for the teenie set.  It looks like fun fight scenes, but Stifler?  Maybe I'll just watch  the new MATRIX trailer again.

LXG?  What have they done with Alan Moore's book?  (And when the hell is the next issue going to come out?)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 10:30:15 AM »

I'd like to see movies about some of Marvel's 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th tier heroes:

* RED WOLF
* BLACK GOLIATH
* NOVA
* MASTER OF KUNG-FU
* IRON FIST
* LUKE CAGE
* BLACK WIDOW
* HAWKEYE
* BLACK PANTHER
* QUICKSILVER

And all the rest . . .

Wouldn't that be fun????

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 10:48:18 AM »

One they said they would never do but I would love to see (going to show my age here) is Dazzler. I mean in the Marvel story lines you can't get around the fact that it was her fault that the whole anti-mutant storyline may never have happened.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2003, 05:49:12 PM »

The Burgomaster wrote:

> I'd like to see movies about some of Marvel's 2nd, 3rd, 4th and
> 5th tier heroes:
>
> * RED WOLF
> * BLACK GOLIATH
> * NOVA
> * MASTER OF KUNG-FU
> * IRON FIST
> * LUKE CAGE
> * BLACK WIDOW
> * HAWKEYE
> * BLACK PANTHER
> * QUICKSILVER

It sounds like what you really want is an Avengers movie, where you can throw in any hero.

Black Panther was supposed to have been made, but the same laws that kept Spider Man off the ground killed Black Panther. In fact it had a scrpt by the guy who wrote Batman: Year One and had cast Wesley Snipes to star. So, since Weslie counldn't get Panther he signed on for Marvel's Blade and Blade 2, which are very good movies.

Also, Iron Fist is being made into a movie with Ray Someone as Iron Fist (The actor who plays Toad, Darth Maul, and  the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow). Which will turn out well.

Actually, the movie Marvel is spending the most money to make is Namor the Sub Mariner,  what the hell, he is so one dimensional it hurts, but whatever.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
yaddo42
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 08:37:00 PM »

I'd only want a Dazzler movie (wedge her into an X-Men movie since she was a member briefly) if they got Denise Richards for the part, in her original roller disco queen costume. OK, I just want to see Denise Richards in a skintight silver lame' bodysuit, don't actually care about the movie. I gotta get out more.

Black Widow could work, she's kind of a Russian version of Jennifer Garner's ALIAS character, but more mature and with wrist blasters.

I've always thought the original Longshot limited series would make a good film (minus She-Hulk), especially with the advance in effects. The series ending would be a perfect setup for sequels to take place in Mojoworld.

The last few times I've been to my local megabookstore there's been a novel based on the JON SABLE, FREELANCE series with a blurb on the front saying "Soon to be a Major Motion Picture!" Anybody heared anything about one? I remember the TV series back in the 80s, I might even have one still on tape if I looked for it.
Paquita

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2003, 08:44:40 PM »

theres really going to be a league of extraordinary gentlemen movie?! i heard about it from a friend once a few months ago but then nothing else and i didnt see a trailer or anything! is it supposed to be horrible?  i dont read too many comics mostly because i feel uncomfortable and inadequate in comic book stores because im not a comic book genius but ive been on top of this one! and its like 2 months behind now! damnit!

love colleen
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 02:51:48 AM »

Quick Time Trailers, Paquita. Bookmark it! You'll be glad you did.

("League" is on the 20th Century Fox list, and while the trailer may not be wholly indicative of the film's quality, frankly it looks like an updated version of George Pal's "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" bred with Russell Mulcahy's "The Shadow" and Tim Burton's "Batman (Returns)." In other words, dark--yet excessively clowny. It has all the standard cliches: air-spinning bodies, camera-punching, morphing effects, and comes equipped with its own Batmobile. Warrrrrf.)
Flangepart

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 10:31:48 AM »

Jon Sable,Freelance...that could be good. Who would they cast for Jon? Gotta like a hero with a taste for Broomhandle Mausers.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2003, 05:51:48 PM »

I've heard many good things about this comic, and though I haven't yet picked up any back issues, it looks like excellent movie material if it's done right.  That and one of my friends told me Sean Connery was in it.  Although he was in the Avengers, too...

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Squishy
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2003, 04:28:28 AM »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=2141

Too much stuff. "Hulk," "LXG," "Spider-Man 2" stunt pics and legal woes. Just go there  and help yourself.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh, Marvel-ous: More Comic-Book Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.