Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:03:52 AM
715341 Posts in 53132 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 110074 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1200 on: September 09, 2023, 09:03:19 AM »

^ Do something. Chill out, man.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1201 on: September 09, 2023, 09:23:24 AM »

I dunno, I can think of someone I know (not you!!) who smokes it after staying up half the night after work and isn't chill at all, in fact is mean as a snake, so it must not work on everyone. I'm more goal oriented than laid back but I do get a lot done, most of it in service to other people, though I know how that sounds. (A fair question before parting, but would you let someone pick on you day after day and never respond?)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 09:32:38 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1202 on: September 09, 2023, 10:56:49 AM »

How many of you smoke pot?
If not- seems like some folks should and just chill the f**k out.
I don't smoke it but there is something weirder that's available for me to consume; THC seltzer. And I have had it, it's actually refreshing.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1203 on: September 09, 2023, 11:18:00 AM »

Let's cool it on all personal attacks.

As far as pot, it's not legal here yet, but Delta 8 is, and I confess to having a few puffs of that last night. It's lighter than Delta-9-THC but if you smoke enough of it the effect is indistinguishable. I kind of like the lighter feeling, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1204 on: September 09, 2023, 05:26:25 PM »

How Pot Affects Your Mind and Body

You Can Get “High”

It’s why most people try marijuana. The main psychoactive ingredient, THC, stimulates the part of your brain that responds to pleasure, like food and sex. That unleashes a chemical called dopamine, which gives you a euphoric, relaxed feeling.

It May Affect Your Mental Health

Not everyone’s experience with marijuana is pleasant. It often can leave you anxious, afraid, panicked, or paranoid. Using marijuana may raise your chances for clinical depression or worsen the symptoms of any mental disorders you already have. Scientists aren’t yet sure exactly why. In high doses, it can make you paranoid or lose touch with reality so you hear or see things that aren’t there.

Your Thinking May Get Distorted

Marijuana can cloud your senses and judgment. The effects can differ depending on things like how potent your pot was, how you took it, and how much marijuana you’ve used in the past.

You May Get Hooked

About 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted, also known as cannabis use disorder. This means you can’t stop using it even if it harms your relationships, school, job, health, or finances. The CDC states that you have a 10% risk of a cannabis use disorder if you use marijuana.

Your Brain May Be Impaired

Marijuana can make it harder for you to focus, learn, and remember things. This seems to be a short-term effect that lasts for 24 hours or longer after you stop smoking.

It May Harm Your Heart

Marijuana makes your heart work harder. Normally the heart beats about 50 to 70 times a minute. But that can jump to 70 to 120 beats or more per minute for 3 hours after the effects kick in. The added strain plus tar and other chemicals in pot may raise your chance of heart attack or stroke. The danger is even greater if you’re older or if you already have heart problems.

It Intensifies Alcohol’s Dangers

More than 1 in 10 drinkers say they have used marijuana in the past year. Combining alcohol and marijuana at the same time roughly doubled the odds of drunk driving or legal, professional, or personal problems compared to drinking alone.

It May Ease Your Pain and Other Symptoms

Medical marijuana is legal in some form in a majority of states. And more than 10 states and Washington, DC, have legalized recreational pot. But the federal government’s ban on marijuana has made it hard to study its effects on humans. Limited research shows that medicinal pot might help:

Ongoing pain (This is the most common use and a possible benefit of medical marijuana.)
    Stiff muscles or muscle spasms from multiple sclerosis.
    Sleep problems for those with fibromyalgia, MS, and sleep apnea
    Anxiety
    Loss of appetite and weight loss in people with AIDS
    Nausea or throwing up from chemotherapy
    Seizures from epilepsy
    Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome

I don't need drugs to chill or to have a good time. When I feel the need to relax I play my rain app on my smart phone. Doesn't have any side effects to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 05:31:59 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1205 on: September 09, 2023, 05:56:48 PM »

^ (What's a rain app?)

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1206 on: September 09, 2023, 06:20:28 PM »

Rain sounds for sleeping and relaxing. There are different kind of rain sounds you can pick (rain on window, rain on tent, rain on car, coastal rain etc) and I can adjust the intensity of the rain, thunder and wind. There's also a lightning option (it uses the flash from the cam on my phone). Its pretty neat if that is your kind of thing. I downloaded it for free from the google app store.

Is it October yet?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1207 on: September 09, 2023, 06:35:35 PM »

When I need to chill out, I spend a day on the lake or river.  I come home tired but relaxed and happy.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1208 on: September 09, 2023, 06:37:35 PM »

Rain sounds for sleeping and relaxing. There are different kind of rain sounds you can pick (rain on window, rain on tent, rain on car, coastal rain etc) and I can adjust the intensity of the rain, thunder and wind. There's also a lightning option (it uses the flash from the cam on my phone). Its pretty neat if that is your kind of thing. I downloaded it for free from the google app store.
I'm going to look for that. Thanks.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1209 on: September 09, 2023, 07:51:01 PM »

Well, thank you Claws for preaching about something you have no experiance with! So wise!
Just preach s**t you read!
 Lookingup
Not everybody is as perfect as you, I reckon. All us lowly addicts are beneath your consideration, I suppose.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1210 on: September 09, 2023, 10:43:13 PM »

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

guess what? i'm a woman, i changed my mind! i'm not going to leave, and you can feel free to trash me as much as she does. after all, it's the christian thing to do, right? instead of caring about people who actually love you for you? have fun.

I only have a problem with you insofar as you keep attacking my friend.  I still say, if you two ignore each other, this forum would be a better place for ALL the rest of us.

feel free to ignore me. feel free to encourage her by doing so, like you did with john. you did him dirty, you know it, and i'd really like to know why. i don't expect you to tell me though.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1211 on: September 09, 2023, 10:53:37 PM »

She generally doesn't attack unless someone attacks her. If I think she goes overboard, I will let her know.  But in this case, she was the one who offered a truce, and Chef refused to accept.
Yeah, if she gets clapped, she's going to clap back.
But she's been my friend for 20 years, and if I have to choose between her and this forum, it's no choice.
I'd rather see the place keep rocking along as it has now since the dawn of the internet, so again I will respectfully ask:
Please quit attacking my friend.

and now you are flat out lying. shame on you.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1212 on: September 09, 2023, 10:55:53 PM »

Thank you for trying, Indy, but I think you're only going to put yourself in the crosshairs for no good reason. I can't quite believe the re-writing of the history of this meanness I see here when the chronology is right there for all to see but honestly what's left to talk about? I tried, you tried, it's not going to do any good. I finally defended myself and get called the aggressor, lol. Only banning people who begin personal attacks will stop the cancer from spreading and I wish it was the new policy. Clean slate for everybody, just don't do it anymore, or else. That'd solve it all

be thankful that search doesn't work here, ellie. and remember that i have LOTS of time to do a manual search to disprove your lies.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1213 on: September 09, 2023, 11:00:53 PM »

Let's cool it on all personal attacks.

As far as pot, it's not legal here yet, but Delta 8 is, and I confess to having a few puffs of that last night. It's lighter than Delta-9-THC but if you smoke enough of it the effect is indistinguishable. I kind of like the lighter feeling, though.

i didn't start this, rev. she did by revealing a PM that she instigated. she tried to make herself the victim, as always, and i didn't tolerate it. and i won't tolerate it. if she EVER talks to me the way she did to john, i'll go over your head too, that is NOT acceptable.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1214 on: September 09, 2023, 11:06:03 PM »

How Pot Affects Your Mind and Body

You Can Get “High”

It’s why most people try marijuana. The main psychoactive ingredient, THC, stimulates the part of your brain that responds to pleasure, like food and sex. That unleashes a chemical called dopamine, which gives you a euphoric, relaxed feeling.

It May Affect Your Mental Health

Not everyone’s experience with marijuana is pleasant. It often can leave you anxious, afraid, panicked, or paranoid. Using marijuana may raise your chances for clinical depression or worsen the symptoms of any mental disorders you already have. Scientists aren’t yet sure exactly why. In high doses, it can make you paranoid or lose touch with reality so you hear or see things that aren’t there.

Your Thinking May Get Distorted

Marijuana can cloud your senses and judgment. The effects can differ depending on things like how potent your pot was, how you took it, and how much marijuana you’ve used in the past.

You May Get Hooked

About 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted, also known as cannabis use disorder. This means you can’t stop using it even if it harms your relationships, school, job, health, or finances. The CDC states that you have a 10% risk of a cannabis use disorder if you use marijuana.

Your Brain May Be Impaired

Marijuana can make it harder for you to focus, learn, and remember things. This seems to be a short-term effect that lasts for 24 hours or longer after you stop smoking.

It May Harm Your Heart

Marijuana makes your heart work harder. Normally the heart beats about 50 to 70 times a minute. But that can jump to 70 to 120 beats or more per minute for 3 hours after the effects kick in. The added strain plus tar and other chemicals in pot may raise your chance of heart attack or stroke. The danger is even greater if you’re older or if you already have heart problems.

It Intensifies Alcohol’s Dangers

More than 1 in 10 drinkers say they have used marijuana in the past year. Combining alcohol and marijuana at the same time roughly doubled the odds of drunk driving or legal, professional, or personal problems compared to drinking alone.

It May Ease Your Pain and Other Symptoms

Medical marijuana is legal in some form in a majority of states. And more than 10 states and Washington, DC, have legalized recreational pot. But the federal government’s ban on marijuana has made it hard to study its effects on humans. Limited research shows that medicinal pot might help:

Ongoing pain (This is the most common use and a possible benefit of medical marijuana.)
    Stiff muscles or muscle spasms from multiple sclerosis.
    Sleep problems for those with fibromyalgia, MS, and sleep apnea
    Anxiety
    Loss of appetite and weight loss in people with AIDS
    Nausea or throwing up from chemotherapy
    Seizures from epilepsy
    Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome

I don't need drugs to chill or to have a good time. When I feel the need to relax I play my rain app on my smart phone. Doesn't have any side effects to my knowledge.

well thank you revered professor claws. or should i say saint claws? that was pretty rude, coming from someone who actually knows nothing about marijuana and didn't even think to post the good things about it.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.