Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:51:18 AM
714902 Posts in 53114 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 108122 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #930 on: August 03, 2023, 05:48:15 PM »

Hmm, not counting seeing the same bands multiple times these are the ones that I can remember in as much of the right order as I can manage (not very apparently).

The Almighty (several times), Motorhead (many, many times), D.A.D, Ozzy Osbourne, Queensryche (a couple of times), AC/DC, Group Dogdrill, Skid Row, The Damned, Joan Jett, Girlschool, Lita Ford, Halford, Iron Maiden (several times), Judas Priest, The Mission, Alice Cooper (several times), The Wildhearts (many times), Tragedy (several times), Bootyard Bandits, Alestorm, Gloryhammer, John Carpenter, Nanowar of Steel, The Tubes, Gary Numan.

There are more than that. I just can't recall the names right now.

WAIT! I seen Queensryche too! And back in the 70's a long forgotten band called Head East.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #931 on: August 03, 2023, 07:40:45 PM »

Hmm, not counting seeing the same bands multiple times these are the ones that I can remember in as much of the right order as I can manage (not very apparently).

The Almighty (several times), Motorhead (many, many times), D.A.D, Ozzy Osbourne, Queensryche (a couple of times), AC/DC, Group Dogdrill, Skid Row, The Damned, Joan Jett, Girlschool, Lita Ford, Halford, Iron Maiden (several times), Judas Priest, The Mission, Alice Cooper (several times), The Wildhearts (many times), Tragedy (several times), Bootyard Bandits, Alestorm, Gloryhammer, John Carpenter, Nanowar of Steel, The Tubes, Gary Numan.

I would commit murder to have seen Motorhead!
What's your favorite Motorhead song?
Mines ROCK AND ROLL. Because, at least in my case, it's true.
"because if that's all there is, it aint so bad!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #932 on: August 03, 2023, 08:04:17 PM »

OK, do you live in a big city or a small town?
I live in a very small town. You can walk from one end of Main Street to the other in about, eh- 15 minutes.
I lived in NYC many times. That's f**king BIG.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 08:08:09 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #933 on: August 03, 2023, 09:26:14 PM »

I live out in the country, on the outskirts of a medium town (pop. around 30,000).

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #934 on: August 03, 2023, 10:07:05 PM »

I live out in the country, on the outskirts of a medium town (pop. around 30,000).
30,000 is medium?
Lawton is about 1,500 on a good day. Aint s**t around us either. Lakes. Swamps. Meth labs.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #935 on: August 03, 2023, 10:24:20 PM »

Well, the next town to our north has 250.  Most of my life, I've lived in small towns (2000 or less) or out in the country, like I do now.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #936 on: August 04, 2023, 10:18:37 AM »

I live in a very small town. You can walk from one end of Main Street to the other in about, eh- 15 minutes.

I live in Pretoria, a big s**tty...........sorry, a big city. Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretoria

I've lived here since 1987 when I came down from Zimbabwe to study.

The poopul...........sorry, population  Wink here at the last census was almost two and a half million plus me.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 10:21:34 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #937 on: August 04, 2023, 10:50:21 AM »

I would commit murder to have seen Motorhead!
What's your favorite Motorhead song?
Mines ROCK AND ROLL. Because, at least in my case, it's true.
"because if that's all there is, it aint so bad!"

While Lemmy was alive, I loved hearing 'I'm So Bad Baby I Don't Care' or 'Dr Rock' (which was the opening song the first time I saw them in 91), but after Lemmy died they released an album of covers that had him singing Bowie's 'Heroes' that to me blows the original out of the water. I'd have to say currently it is my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J06yQb4lbPk

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #938 on: August 04, 2023, 10:53:45 AM »

WAIT! I seen Queensryche too! And back in the 70's a long forgotten band called Head East.

Nice! I saw them for Promised Land and then they went on tour playing the whole of Operation Mindcrime 1 & 2.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #939 on: August 04, 2023, 03:21:21 PM »

I live in a small big city.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #940 on: August 04, 2023, 06:58:23 PM »

Well, the next town to our north has 250.  Most of my life, I've lived in small towns (2000 or less) or out in the country, like I do now.

I always imagine Texas looking like the TEXAS CAHINSAW MASSACRE. It was filmed in Texas!
It looks...desolute. But if I did live in Texas- that's where I would want to be. I don't like the city.
I hated NYC. Long Island was worse. I saw more crime and drugs and just flat-out crazy s**t happen on Long Island then I ever did in the Bronx!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:00:42 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #941 on: August 04, 2023, 07:03:29 PM »

Well, the next town to our north has 250.  Most of my life, I've lived in small towns (2000 or less) or out in the country, like I do now.

I always imagine Texas looking like the TEXAS CAHINSAW MASSACRE. It was filmed in Texas!
It looks...desolute. But if I did live in Texas- that's where I would want to be. I don't like the city.
I hated NYC. Long Island was worse. I saw more crime and drugs and just flat-out crazy s**t happen on Long Island then I ever did in the Bronx!

Thing about Texas is there are a WIDE variety of landscapes here - 12,000+ foot mountains out west, swamps along the Louisiana border, desert, pine and hardwood forests, grassy coastal plains - a little bit of everything!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #942 on: August 04, 2023, 07:05:47 PM »

I think I would go in the swamp.  Smile

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #943 on: August 04, 2023, 07:27:47 PM »

Apparently the census department classifies where we live as "ideal suburbia" but why it merits the distinction I don't know. We're fifteen miles from the downtown of a tri-state metropolitan region of 2.4 million and about 6,400 people live in this community.

I avoid most of them whenever possible.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #944 on: August 04, 2023, 07:42:19 PM »

^ I have no one to avoid. I know almost everyone in town. I been here most of the time since 1970.
I went back to NY a lot- I don't like NY. I liked upstate! But the city is f**ked up. Waaaay too many people. I went to school for about 2 weeks in the Bronx in 1979.  NY was broke. Garbage workers were on strike. People were just throwing their garbage out the window. Good thing me and Gramma Morris and Aunt Carrol lived 6 stories up. I was in DeWitt Clinton High School. All boys. They had a student lead shut down when they cancelled school sports. It was a riot. Me and my friend from Peru walked out to Poe Park and got drunk.
I didn't ever go back to school. I have no diploma.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:47:24 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.