Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:19:26 AM
715258 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 645144 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1635 on: January 23, 2020, 10:49:01 PM »

Mount Everest is not the tallest mountain on Earth, only the highest.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1636 on: January 23, 2020, 10:58:41 PM »

I was recently among a gathering of very lovely young men with soft manners and weightless wrists, and we had a discussion after I referred to Freddie Mercury as gay.

Dead silence followed my use of the word, and then, "Sorry, we don't like when people call him gay."

"Why?" I asked.

And it was explained to me.

Being homosexual, they said, is not the same thing as being gay. Freddie Mercury was not gay, because being a private man, he never felt he owed anyone his coming out.

Good for him! I thought.

Freddie Mercury also disliked labels of straight and gay and bi and pan and uni, and let's not forget he loved his not infrequent forays into the private parts of nubile women.

Oh, yes, he flamed merrily, dropping the term "darling" right and left, he swished and sashayed and strutted and called gay men he knew "Mrs." He loved being in drag, he picked up pretty boys right and left and with delightful abandon he went "around the world" with rough trade in Soho bathrooms and Chelsea studios and Hollywood clubs, and got freebies from rentboys galore at Studio 54, but he was not, by the agreed-upon rules of the community, gay.

Well what do you think about that?

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1637 on: January 23, 2020, 11:15:32 PM »

I was recently among a gathering of very lovely young men with soft manners and weightless wrists, and we had a discussion after I referred to Freddie Mercury as gay.
Dead silence followed my use of the word, and then, "Sorry, we don't like when people call him gay."
"Why?" I asked.
Being homosexual, they said, is not the same thing as being gay. Freddie Mercury was not gay, because being a private man, he never felt he owed anyone his coming out.
Good for him! I thought.
Freddie Mercury also disliked labels of straight and gay and bi and pan and uni, and let's not forget he loved his not infrequent forays into the private parts of nubile women.
Oh, yes, he flamed merrily, dropping the term "darling" right and left, he swished and sashayed and strutted and called gay men he knew "Mrs." He loved being in drag, he picked up pretty boys right and left and with delightful abandon he went "around the world" with rough trade in Soho bathrooms and Chelsea studios and Hollywood clubs, and got freebies from rentboys galore at Studio 54, but he was not, by the agreed-upon rules of the community, gay.
I think it's horsesh!t.  Yet, you can't disguise your bigotry. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1638 on: January 23, 2020, 11:28:08 PM »

"Why?" I asked.
Good for him! I thought.
I think it's horsesh!t.  Yet, you can't disguise your bigotry. 

John, you sound like a breeder bigot. You live with a gay man and raise him like I do and did before you call me a bigot. You have gay men to dinner, all the time, whenever they drop in to see the gay young man who lives with you, like we have all the time, you throw gay friends a baby shower like me, you grow up around them like I did because you're part of the arts community, you get babysat by one, and call me when you do, THEN you can possibly judge me. Don't like the terminology, tell the gay men who got on my case about it. Think gay men don;t stil swish in the 2020s? Get out more often. Don't like the fact Freddie Mercury, the greatest live performer in rock history, did all that in his sex life, tell his ghost you disapprove, because he bragged about it. Don't like the reality of gay sex, then maybe you're the bigot. Rule one is to be gay you come out. Freddie Mercury didn't come out.  He also screwed more women than you and me put together, though half of that team is not contributing much to the total. I don't make the rules.

Bigotry? I gotta go tell somebody about that laugh.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1639 on: January 24, 2020, 12:59:24 AM »

John, you sound like a breeder bigot. You live with a gay man and raise him like I do and did before you call me a bigot. You have gay men to dinner, all the time, whenever they drop in to see the gay young man who lives with you, like we have all the time, you throw gay friends a baby shower like me, you grow up around them like I did because you're part of the arts community, you get babysat by one, and call me when you do, THEN you can possibly judge me. Don't like the terminology, tell the gay men who got on my case about it. Think gay men don;t stil swish in the 2020s? Get out more often. Don't like the fact Freddie Mercury, the greatest live performer in rock history, did all that in his sex life, tell his ghost you disapprove, because he bragged about it. Don't like the reality of gay sex, then maybe you're the bigot. Rule one is to be gay you come out. Freddie Mercury didn't come out.  He also screwed more women than you and me put together, though half of that team is not contributing much to the total. I don't make the rules.
Bigotry? I gotta go tell somebody about that laugh.

You are interesting enough to read, but I know bait when I see it and will call it as I see it.  Sorry to have offended you Evelyn. 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1640 on: January 24, 2020, 10:08:54 PM »

No worries whatsoever, John.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1641 on: January 24, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »

Mmm.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1642 on: January 24, 2020, 10:39:09 PM »

Though Tyler told me to tell you he prefers the collective sobriquet "International Brotherhood of Ass-Fisters" but I told him your head might explode, so he said next time use, "Union of Sausage Swallowers" since it has a more PC ring to it.

He also said he thinks straights need to lighten up on the "fake homophile routine" and have more fun.

There you go, wisdom from the under-21s.  Lookingup

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1643 on: January 24, 2020, 10:45:30 PM »

I'm sure there were no characterizations.   Thumbup Smile

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1644 on: January 24, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »

I honestly don't know what that means, John, but I'll pretend it's nice, even witty. Like something Oscar might've said. Lol Have a good night.

BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1645 on: January 27, 2020, 04:19:22 PM »

Warner Brothers Films Upcoming in 2020

02/07 Birds of Prey
03/06 The Way Back
05/15 Scoob
06/05 Wonder Woman 2020
06/26 In the Heights
07/17 Tenet
08/14 Malignant
08/21 A Fred Hampton Project
09/11 The Conjuring 3

09/20 The Witches
remake of the 1990 film, which he has seen

09/25 The Many Saints of Newark
11/20 Godzilla vs. Kong

11/25 King Richard
this many not be what you think. A film based on the life of Richard Williams, the father of tennis players Serena and Venus Williams

12/08 Dune
at least the 3rd version of Frank Herbert's sci fi novel. There was the 1984 film, which he saw, and the TV miniseries, which he has also seen, and now there is this one.

12/23 Tom and Jerry

and TBA
The Little Things
Reminiscenes
Hope's Wish

and as an added bonus, the top 10 grossing films at the domestic box office, in reverse order, and 2 by 2

10. Star Wars : Episode IX : the Rise of Skywalker
this was as of the end of last year, as it played into this new year, it may have moved up a notch or two.

09. Fast and Furious Presents : Hobbs and Shaw.

Next time: upcoming films from Universal in 2020
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1646 on: February 01, 2020, 05:14:24 PM »

Universal Upcoming Films in 2020

01/17 Doolittle
01/24 The Turning
02/28 The Invisible Man
03/13 Blumhouse Production Project V

04/08 No Time to Die
Bond. James Bond

04/17 Trolls World Tour
sequel to 2016 film

05/22 The Fast and Furious 9

06/12 Candyman
"a spiritual sequel" to the 1992 film

07/03 Minions : the Rise of Gru

07/10 Purge sequel
the 5th and final chapter in the series

08/14 An Event film
09/25 Last Night in Soho
09/25 Praise this
10/02 BIOS

10/16 Halloween Kills
the next film in the series

12/23 The Croods

Of the 16 films listed, at least 9, or over half, are sequels, remakes, or prequels.

And 8 at the 2019 box office Aladdin (Disney)
And 7 at the 2019 box office Joker (Warner)

Next time: Paramount Upcoming Films in 2020
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:28:24 PM by BoyScoutKevin » Logged
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1647 on: February 03, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »

It's so sad when you notice that most of the titles in that list are recycled stuff. Creativity has been butchered a long time ago.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1648 on: February 03, 2020, 02:49:25 PM »

Male spiders do not have penises.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #1649 on: February 03, 2020, 06:38:17 PM »

One of the back-up "dancers" in Weird Al's music video for Fat was just a fat guy that happened to be delivering pizza to the set. 
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.