Main Menu

The Philosophy of POPEYE

Started by RCMerchant, March 08, 2007, 06:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeyondTheGrave

I got Snoopy and also scored higher than 99% on friendliness. You got be kidding I hate people  :question: :smile:
Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

RCMerchant

I gotta Sponge Bob. I WANTED a POPEYE,dammit! (mumble mumble)...
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

JaseSF

Well personally I think I should have gotten a cool, laid back, good-looking cartoon character myself as that seems more like me (Pink Panther perhaps?).
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

Poogie

Quote from: JaseSF on March 09, 2007, 10:57:45 PM
Well personally I think I should have gotten a cool, laid back, good-looking cartoon character myself as that seems more like me (Pink Panther perhaps?).

Here you go...I took it again to see what would happen........A Garfield for you.  :bouncegiggle:
Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  

JaseSF

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

Viktorcrayon

I got Garfield as well... Actually, i'm preparing lasagne as we speak.  :cheers:

Dennis

I'm a Garfield too, but I really wanted the Roadrunner, this also gave me an 8% friendly rating, that's wrong, I like everbody, heck I even like Menard. :cheers: :cheers:

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.

Andrew

Quote from: DENNIS on March 10, 2007, 08:56:35 PM
I like everbody, heck I even like Menard. :cheers: :cheers:

That has got to be the alcohol talking.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

ER

Quote from: RCMerchant on March 08, 2007, 06:01:03 PM
 OK,...now bear me out here....cus I been pondering this all day....
 I think Popeye is one of the greatest philosophers of all time...and here's why-
He's a basically happy go lucky ,live and let live kinda guy. Even Brutus(aka Blutto),who is constantly stabbing Popeye in the back and trying to mess with his women,is forgiven in the next cartoon -"Hey,Pal !". But when the sh!t hits the fan,and his freinds are in trouble,he's ready to kick ass.
   And his motto,"I yam what I yam,and that's what I yam!", is a good way to be at peace with yourself.
   (plus he eats his greens.)
OK!!! Here's what I brought up all this babbling nonsense up for- what cartoon charecter has an outlook on life that you admire?
I

I'm with you, RC, Popeye is a Yoda figure I've always admired and there is a Zen quality to Popeye, rather like a diamond in the rough. If you notice he looks out for his friends, doesn't start fights but finishes them, he's hard-working, honest, his served his country in WWII in two oceans, and yet he lives each day with a humble positive outlook that holds no illusions about ego: I yam what I yam. He's a master of life.

Shame about those tumors in his arms though:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

lester1/2jr

Dungeonmaster from Dungeons and Dragons was pretty wise.

ER

Quote from: lester1/2jr on March 22, 2020, 08:54:50 PM
Dungeonmaster from Dungeons and Dragons was pretty wise.

I won't begin to tell you what he reminds me of.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.