Main Menu

Razzie Awards 2023 Predictions

Started by claws, December 16, 2023, 11:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claws

Based on IMDb's lowest rated 2023 movies, I'm sure some of these will be nominated:

1. Fast X
2. Cocaine Bear
3. Five Nights at Freddy's
4. Meg 2: The Trench
5. The Marvels
6. Ghosted
7. The Nun II
8. Insidious: The Red Door
9. The Exorcist: Believer
10. Expend4bles
11. Peter Pan & Wendy
12. Magic Mike's Last Dance
13. Wish
Is it October yet?

M.10rda

Oooh, nice to see the ratings have finally caught up w/ COCAINE BEAR. I've only seen that one and parts of MAGIC MIKE'S LAST DANCE (because the missus was watching it). The latter pretty much seemed like what I imagine a Magic Mike movie is like (that's to say titillating objectification of the male body). On the other hand, I would endorse COCAINE BEAR for some Razzies. And of course, as I mentioned in the "Recent Viewings" thread, LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND has definitely earned a few.

LilCerberus

Gee, looks like people must'a liked that Winnie The Pooh movie..........
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

claws

Quote from: LilCerberus on December 16, 2023, 01:34:14 PM
Gee, looks like people must'a liked that Winnie The Pooh movie..........

Did people expect this to be good?  :bouncegiggle:

British Indie Horror. Not significant enough. No big names attached. The social media outrage because of the Disney character was brief.
I guess there's no real point in nominating this.
Is it October yet?

M.10rda

I'm glad you liked it, Bob. There was 15-20 minutes of good movie in there.

Cult_Moody_Movies

Razzie Awards only go after easy targets (Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey for example). I'm also sure they don't want to enrage certain companies either (Disney) even thought the likes of Wish, The Marvels, and The Little Mermaid were horrid. The factor they don't go after the likes of Wild Eye Releasing is also suspicious.

Considering this man doesn't have a Razzie, it really shows how questionable they are:

Alex

I think the Razzies are even more irrelevant than the Oscars.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Cult_Moody_Movies

Rev. Powell

I think they'll go after the Marvels. The public is finally turning on Marvel, about 7 years after I got fed up with it.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

Whatever is popular to rag on in social media will get nods. Most of the really terrible stuff will get ignored.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

claws

I've read people at the razzie's don't even have to watch the movie they nominate. Not sure if true, but makes sense.
Is it October yet?

M.10rda

That sounds like a very enlightened, pro-labor policy!  :bouncegiggle:   

Cult_Moody_Movies

Quote from: claws on December 17, 2023, 03:06:26 PM
I've read people at the razzie's don't even have to watch the movie they nominate. Not sure if true, but makes sense.

People behind the Oscars do the same thing. XD