Main Menu

Here's a couple of movies I'm dying to know the title of...

Started by Kooshmeister, December 23, 2006, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kooshmeister

1. I saw this some years ago on TV I think. All I really remember is that it involved this little girl coming home from school one day to discover that her father (?) had murdered her mother. She runs from the house and escapes from him. The movie then flash-forwards several years and she's all grown up but her dad is trying to track her down and kill her. She's helped out by a black police detective.

2. This one I remember even less. It involves a couple getting caught up in some kind of espionage or something. Jonathan Banks (Zack in Beverly Hills Cop) plays a character who poses as a hotel waiter and tries to murder them, and at the end there's a chase scene involving a bus which ultimately crashes into a boat carrying Banks. I also remember that one of the villains wore a neck brace for some reason and part of the plot involved getting a key out of a snowglobe.

Jordan

Just a guess, but the first one might be "The Stepfather" with Corbin Bernsen.

Not sure about the other one though.
-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----

Yaddo 42

The first one could be Benefit of the Doubt starring Donald Sutherland and Amy Irving.
blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....

Kooshmeister

....and three years later I've finally discovered the title of at least one of these! Specifically, the second one involving the key in the snowglobe and Jonathan Banks being killed with a bus. It's called "Honeymoon Academy," and was made in 1990, and is apparently a TV movie.

Kooshmeister

Regarding the first one, I remembered some details:

1. When the girl finds her dad having killed her mom, the dad is angrily tearing up a mattress with a knife.

2. The dad spends the subsequent years searching for his daughter by targeting women in a certain color of jacket. Red, I think.

3. The plot leads back to the old house where the murder took place, now a ruin. The dad kills the police detective by smashing his head against a tree stump, and subsequently naps in his van.

4. At the end, the heroine kills her father by hitting him with a hunk of plywood with nails in it.