Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:28:30 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bad Taste « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Bad Taste  (Read 116465 times)
Bizz
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't love BAd Taste. I enjoyed it and have immense respect for P. Jackson.  The movie is a funny gore film and that's it.  Pleeeze don't call it art, chuckleheads. I think Jackson would give you a chainsaw enema for that sort of bollocks.
mugwumpman
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is, without a doubt, the best movie ever made and it entirely deserves its cult status. If you haven't seen it, do it today, you won't regret it!
Daniel
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved it! You may not agree, but, I think this is funnier and better than Meet The Feebles. This movie was hillarious! The very fake looking blood and gore in Bad Taste made me laugh a lot! My brother kinda hated it, though. He only watched about 20 minutes of the film and left the room. So what if the blood looks nothing like real blood? It's still a great movie! If you want to have a good laugh, then rent Bad Taste right now. It's a very cheesy movie but it is pretty good in my opinion. I might go see all three of the Lord of The Rings movies when they all come out. I want to rent Dead Alive but I'm going to try and look for the unrated version.
Private Joker
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

No, the funniest part is when one of the guys hits the alien over and over and over then kicks him in the balls.  The alien just falls to his knees in pain.  I was in tears, almost even more so than the part with Derek and his "bang-bang" noises.
Lou
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When I first watched ths movie,I thought it sucked.Then I watched it again,And HOLY s**t! this movie rules.some of the best humor and gore ever,up there with evil dead.the blood in the movie is something like strawberry syrup I think,cause in my film production class at school I made a GORY movie using that as blood and it looked pretty close to the blood used in bad taste.I didn't like dead/alive as much though.I just watched Bloodsucking freaks last night(another b-movie classc) and I think today I am gonna watch bad taste.I should be in school right now,but Bad taste is more important then academics.BAD TASTE RULES!  
PL
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

For me, this film is genius...pure genius...I am a young film maker, and I make exactly that kind of movies (lots of gore, sadism, vulgarity, etc...)...and when I heard that Peter Jackson was given the mission (and money) to make a series of films for Lord Of The Rings....Damn! I was sooo happy for him....he started with stupid films with no budget like this, and he's now an oscar nominated...

I don't expect to go that far...but damn, that somehow gives a light of hope to one day get a name...

Anyways, the film itself is funny (not as much as Dead Alive) and really gory...Jackson made THE two films that I consider the gorier...And this is one of them. This film is a treasure, especially for fans of independent films, fans of gory films, and fans of cheap cheesy films.

by the way, I am an EXTREMELY strong stomach, and the vomit scene really disgusted me...good stuff!
rikki-the-bisi
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2002, 04:11:06 PM »

This movie is absolutely great. itīs not gorier than Braindead, but i think itīs funnier. I loved the score itīs such a great parody of this 80īs electro s**t. I love this movie, although itīs very hard for me to understand what the actors are saying (Iīm from Germany you know)
Choi
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is one mother of a film, much better than Braindead(Dead Alive), Peter jackson is God, this is one of my favourite films of all time, it also has the best line from a film, "arent i lucky,i got a chunky bit".  Jackson should keep doing these films without blowing 200m on crap like LOTR.
Cambot99
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've seen plenty of bloody films in my days, and this movie is on the list besides "Brain Damage" "Dead Alive" etcetra. I havn't seen this film in AGES, I'd kill to see it again cause I enjoy a good bloody film. But I find the vomit scene disgusting though.
the dude
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is nothing short of ingenious.  Peter Jackson is the most innovative film maker i have ever heard of.  If the readers of this have the bad taste limited edition dvd watch the "Good Taste Made Bad Taste" documentary.  It opened my eyes to this incredible director.  Comparing this movie to Evil Dead, which was roughly the same budget, Bad Taste is a masterpiece.  Before regarding the special effects as hokey, know that the film was made on a $50,000 budget and many of the special effects were made in his mom's oven.  Enjoy!
LemonAIDS
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2003, 02:53:19 AM »

Is the Astro-Investigative Defense Service supposed to form the acronym AIDS or am I overthinking it? By the way, the movie looks brilliantly execrable.
Hando
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I own this movie on video, unfortunately, like it's brother "Meet the Feebles" I never get a chance to watch it as my mates are ALWAYS borrowing it.

I'll ask for it back and inevitably, no matter who has it the response is..."I have this mate and he has just GOTTA see it!"

Oh and the term "Mate" is nothing to worry about. Stemming mainly from Australia and NZ, it is a term of close friendship among guys. I think the American equivalent is "Buddy".
James Perry
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What attracted me to this originally was the wonderful British feel of it.  I was a huge fan of British entertainment because I'm American but was buying British computer magazines for Amiga in the 80s and 90s.  The locales in this film are sooo British it's great.  But the violence and gore was more than I had ever seen and it gave me a truly strange feeling.  Not bad, just strange.  Unforgetable.  

Jackson's character is great!  He's so nerdy but gets the job done.  His troup of actors are great fun to watch.  Glad nobody did to this what they did to Mad Max before it hit our shores (Americanized the soundtrack).  The British accents are great!

Bad Taste is so hilarious...and appauling...and worthy of an air sickness bag!  I'm glad I gave it a chance...renting the box with a weird looking guy flipping me off!!  Ha ha!  And it turned out that it was a very entertaining and nutty gore fest.  Like Dawn of the Dead, it is ODDLY worthy of all its praise even though some-uninitiated-don't understand the big deal.  

Wonderful interview on this site with one of the actors.  Anything recent from Jackson on Bad Taste?  Maybe still preoccupied with Hobbits for a Bad Taste 2 or Bad Taste: The Remake discussion...
James Perry
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

(sorry...couldn't edit)
I know the film is from New Zealand NOW...but I didn't know then.  Austrailian, British, Swedish, New Zealand...I hadn't quite sorted out all the accents at the time.
Chris Mackey
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is a really great movie. Not great in the sense of winning Oscars, but a lot more fun than that, and great with a few beers, a couple of bong hits, and a box of quaaludes.

I *love* the quote "I'm a Derek...and Dereks don't run."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bad Taste « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.