Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:02:45 AM
714152 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bad Taste « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Bad Taste  (Read 116585 times)
Matthew Taylor
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This was one of those movies that you always heard about when you a kid, but to track down a copy at the age of 14 seemed the hardest task in the world. Then one night at a house party we were thumbing through the video collection and there it was...an original ex-rental copy...oh the joy. I can still remember it now, a dozen drunk teenagers, a dimly lit living room and Bad Taste playing on the VCR. Magic.

Needless to say I have since tracked down my own copy. This is a wonderful debut for Peter Jackson, and a genuine work of passion given the time and limited budeget put into the movie. I advise any aspiring first time directors/movie-makers to grab this film and see what can be done with a little imagination and a small, but dedicated crew. Also worthy of mention is the documentary Good Taste: The Making of Bad Taste, a feature length documentary chronicling the entire shoot, make-up creation and special effects. Excellent stuff, and a classic example of craetivity on a budget, shame all that money and fame has gone to his head.
Rosy and Jim
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

After watching this 'I'm born again' ... Random violence against a sheep.. cool... the car with the cardbvoard cutouts infront give us nightmares though. *We love derek*
M
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just like Jackson's bland LotR, this is one damn overrated flick.
Maloy
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've heard of this movie for years, but finally got around to seeing it a few weeks ago. Of course, its cheesy as f*ck, but the creature masks and some of the gore was excellent (ie the guy with his head cut in half)! Not as enjoyable or will have as much replay value as "Evil Dead" films, but its cool.
Kyx
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well, I saw this movie a long time ago, and yesterday night I saw it again.. and believe me, I still think it's one of the best splatter movie I've ever seen, with all the funny things that make you laugh while sitting on the sofa with beer & pop corn!
People usually talk about the sheep scene, but I want you to remember the seagull one too.. lol!

Kyx
radioman970
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2005, 06:33:06 AM »

Actually, PJ plays both Derek and Robert.  He definately has some big huge teeth enhancements for Derek.  And a guy can down a lot of pizza over 4 years time.  Facial and long hair  can change an appearance.    
Liz Rose
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2004, 11:05:26 AM »

This is the best movie I have ever seen, next to Dead Alive. These movies are complete classics, and everybody who doesnt think so is dumb.
Anne
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

There's more to get than you think, foreign devils (which I mean in the nicest way).

As someone above pointed out, knowing that sheep and sledgehammers really do lie pretty much everywhere in rural New Zealand makes the movie run more comfortably, as does knowing that there's nothing more natural over here than a man calling another man 'mate'.

But it's Robert you should have been looking at. Robert and the rest of the aliens are in fact modelled on a former New Zealand Member of Parliament, Sir Robert Muldoon. The aliens' costumes, including the masks, were intended to make them caricatures of Rob Muldoon, whom I suspect (can't be bothered looking it up now) was Leader of the Opposition for most of the time Bad Taste was being filmed.

And people didn't like him very much.
Stef
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Ehi! Modify the movie sheet!

It still says that Derek is Peter Jackson! (false)
Shit Demon
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the funniest film I've seen in ages.
DEFINATELY not one for the remake board.
Los-Man
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this film in 1989 (my friend Rosemary barfed in my bathroom), and if you'd told me then the "mindless" idiot with glasses and chainsaw were to direct arguably the greatest Trilogy of all time, and won Best Film and Director, I woulda taken a grenade launcher to send your hindquarters flying!  Peter Jackson's first film ranks up there with some of the greatest B-films of all-time to complement LORD OF THE RINGS!        We shoulda invited the "Dereks" to fight alongside Arowen, I woulda loved seeing those damn orcs chainsawed (they do look a bit like the aliens in Bad Taste - ever notice?).
orknexus
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I saw this movie on TV once as part of a programme about independant cinematographers and really enjoyed it! As I understand the budget for movie was almost a zero, but newertheless the movie was success due to the talent and ingenuity of the director. All the special effects have been self-made. I would like to watch it once again! :)
Craig Smith
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was very proud to have an actor with the same name as mine in Bad taste!!Okay h'e not the main character or anything but still. I first experienced The bastards on a break i had at college, I went to my mates house and decided to watch the film, I'd seen it (the Video itself) many times as i would browse in the horror section in shops and found myself rather intrested in this film, but anyway Bad taste F**king rules, the pure s**tness of the actors, music and effects makes it so great, I can't stop watching the bugger!!! Thankyou badmovies.org for helping me to decide on spending time watching this b*tch of a creation. seriously thanks.

---------------www.outbreakofmetal.tk---------------------
BruceCampbellVs.thearmyofdarkness
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2006, 03:22:49 AM »

One of the top five greatest B horror films ever made! (Sorry, but Evil Dead 2:Dead by Dawn and Dead Alive are just slightly better)even still, this is one hell of a movie! Peter jackson gives us what will go down history as one of the all time greats.  You have to give the man a hand for making this one over a period of four years and a budget of 250,000.
Total Nut
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Did you see it when Peter Jackson got his Best Picture Oscar from (who else?) Steven Spielberg? The look on Spielberg's face when he read the envelope was priceless! I could only imagine what he was thinking: "It took me DECADES to get just one of these, and now this guy who did his first movie about fast food aliens when I was already breaking box-office records gets ELEVEN in one night?? Where's my gun? I'm going Hobbit hunting!" LOL!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bad Taste « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.