Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:18:18 AM
714466 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes  (Read 102583 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 02, 1999, 10:27:35 PM »

Updated review.  In the annals of film history, people running away from the camera as tomatoes (real and regular, or fake and gigantic) are rolled down the sidewalk is the kind of plot that nearly everyone can identify as a very silly bad movie.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
David Emery
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 1999, 10:27:35 PM »

Uhm...hehe...
Very funny indeed, I enjoyed the script as well as the characters. It's not every movie you meet a guy that uses Jesus to endorse an electronics company. They could have showed more tomato death scenes...showing a tomato sitting there, then a cut shot to someone screaming, then their dead body...this is the epitome of the classic horror/comedy/musical genre. Pass the ketchup.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 1999, 07:50:34 PM »

I like to put in some stuff for you.first Sam Smith was not killed by the tomatoes.he shows up for the seqel Return of the killer tomatoes.It stars george clooney.I also know about the guy who sung that song which put an end to the tomatoes.He is the drummer in Soundgarden,Matt Cameron.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 1999, 01:56:23 PM »

And to think, the company that made KT is still in business.  They were serious when they decided to make this movie and they thought they were making a legitimate comedy.  When everyone told them the movie was worse than a highschool film project, they claimed they were intentionally making a bad movie, hoping to excuse their lack of talent and obvious stupidity.  John DeBello, the director, still can't direct.  The problem is, he still doesn't know it.  The name "Four Square Productions" came from the shape of his head.
Swamprat
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The first time I saw the title of this film was on the Marquee of the Skyview drive-in in Belleville Illinois. I was certain someone had sneaked up there with a box of yardsale letters and had pulled off a master pratical joke. I was, of course, wrong. I didn't really know what to make of this beast when I finally saw it. I was thrilled to see  Jack Riley...one of the best character actors on TV through the sixties and seventies, remember him from the first Bob Newhart Show? I was also tickled to find out years later that the wild, near disasterous, helicopter landing scene he was in was real, not scripted. He was so good at being wild eyed and totally freaked out in that scene because he wasn't acting! Other than that, the film wasn't that funny. To me it felt like a deliberate attempt at a Plan 9 type bad film. A deliberate attempt at a "bad" movie just turns me off flat. Yeah, I laughed, here and there, it was stupid, and occasionally funny...but it just felt so dishonest. I'm a military buff, and I always enjoy seeing over the top parodies of the military. I also loved the idiot in the parachute, especially when he screws up after infiltrating the tomatoes inner circle. The ending with the San Diego Chicken saving mankind to the tune of "Puberty Love" was just lame. Like CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS this movie is probably rented more for it's terrific sounding title than for it's description on the back of the box. I have to admit, it looked spectacular up there on that Marquee years ago...that will always be my fondest memory of this overrated turkey.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 1999, 10:29:54 AM »

The movie that takes a common garden-variety vegetable, and transforms it into a thing of utter horror is a first rate B-Movie classic of the first order. I laughed, I cried, I almost died. This film can inspire any low budget director to great, or not so great heights.[more like LOWS] By the way, I really enjoy this site. Keep up the good work. ATTACK OF THE BAD MOVIES. Now there is a name for a site.
raspeez@hotmail.com
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2000, 07:53:10 AM »

This was a cute film, aware of its own b-grade nature and exploiting it. I love ketchup so Im sorry that no one called me to help clean up the set.
I couldnt sit through the sequel. it was C grade.
and I thought george clooney had only "the facts of life" to be ashamed of!
Prof. Jason M. Grivas
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2000, 06:46:01 PM »

This is the Prof. Jason Grivas. I have to say that this site is the best place to show your support about a movie that has touched many people, and should be seen across this great nation. A great classic that can only be apperciated by very few.
Jedi Jawa
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2000, 09:05:27 PM »

Not sure if any of you know this, but for a few seasons there was a very, very, VERY funny saturday morning cartoon titled "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes."  The guy with the parachute was a main character, and the guy in scuba gear has cameo appearances.  I was a faithful viewer, because it has all the elements of a B-movie in a saturday morning cartoon.  And always remember the best line from that cartoon . . . I'm not a mad scientist.  I'm an ANGRY scientist!
Erik
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2000, 12:46:47 AM »

This was literally the worst movie I have EVER seen!!! I won the movie in a kata contest one day my Sensae put on. I won the movie, took it homt, watched 10 minutes, and gave it to my friend to have it burned.
Thomas Hulstrøm
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2000, 01:20:49 PM »

I remember renting this film in the early eitghties with a friend. It was terrible. Anyway, we saw the entire film. Half a year later we were still talking about the film, saying to each other that no film could be that bad. So we rented it again. AAARRRGH! And i hate that song. A couple a years later i realized there was a sequel, but i was unable to locate it.

Keep up this site...its a real gem.

Thomas

ps. pass the ketchup!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2000, 04:34:42 PM »

As an aside, David Miller, who played Mason Dixon in the film, and I went to the same junior high school. I never thought he would become an actor, a politician maybe, but, never an actor.
Big Vic
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I laugh my ass off at this movie every time I see it.  I'm the same way about John Carpenter's 'Dark Star'.  My friends all hate that movie, yet I can't get enough of it.  It's moronic fun that is written by intelligent people.  The tomatoe's making that incessant "thlegm thlegm" sound makes me wail in laughter.  Of course, bear in mind I'm stoned and hot pads or corn cob holders have the same potential to make me wail in laughter too.
Chadzilla
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Geez, what to say.  I think its pretty incredible that a one joke movie would spawn several sequels and a Saturday morning cartoons series.  This movie has its humorous parts, but it is played far too broad for my tastes.  I do like the dubbed Japanese scientist and the pointed jabs at the marketing industry though, but in no way do I like the use of the fatal helicopter crash in this movie.  That was just tasteless.  Besides, where the hell was Vic Morrow and those kids?  I didn't see them.

Oops, wrong movie!
Johnny
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2002, 08:18:30 PM »

Ummmm what can I say....It has no plot, the special effects are made up on the spot and geeee was there anything good to say about it?  If you are dead set on completely wasting some of your precious time on this planet in the worst way then I say go for it.  This is a waste of film.  I love low budget movies and I would say this is the worst of the worst.  I could not stand this one after getting drunk although it did make more sense.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.