Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:21:13 PM
714404 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Reptilicus « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Reptilicus  (Read 111048 times)
« on: April 24, 2000, 10:48:45 AM »

This was the best movie I have ever watched with all of my friends.  We didn't even really watch it , but rather we made all of the people we know characters, then watched them go about their business.  That's the best way to watch any movie! Try it! This show was my gateway into the world of  BAD MOVIES!!!!!!
NetFrog Alpha
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 1999, 03:35:16 PM »

I saw this one many years ago. Great for a lazy sunday afternoon, although don't be expecting great special effects.
Warren H.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 1999, 11:23:50 AM »

How could you forget the monster eating the paper cut-out guy?  Haw!
teachbug@ipa.net
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 1999, 09:06:44 PM »

Yea sure this movie and BAD MOVIES like it are somewhat lame compared to todays standard, but these are the ones that bring back great memeorys for me, and no CPU image of Godzilla all buffed up is gonna take their place!!!
I cheer the rubber-suited lame puppet monsters of the past!
Kelly
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 1999, 09:25:31 AM »

This was my first really bad movie....now I'm hooked.
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 1999, 06:11:49 AM »

For laughs, listen carefully and pick apart the creature's "roar." There's all kinds of sounds, all playing at once, including a klaxon horn! God!
And the lounge singer's music, "Dancing In Tivoli," plays merrily over the end credits! What the Hell did I ever do to deserve THAT!?
staev
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Stan Winston, the effects guru, hosted a monster movie show on AMC Classics. Ususally he gave a 5-10 minute capsule version highlighting the special effects. For this movie, he more or less just said "let's watch." I guess management thought that the sight of him weeping for 10 minutes might turn away some viewers.
Punchy
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 1999, 06:46:14 PM »

Okay, so like don't get me wrong, I love "BAD MOVIES", but this one rates very high on the "HORRID" list. Lousy monster, lousy backdrops, lousy acting etc. But you gotta like the travelogue eight in the middle. Right? Right!!!
Niels from Denmark
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2000, 10:31:30 AM »

I love this movie it's the best "bad movie" since The Blob. Some more stuff to watch for ( in the DK version, I do not know the USA version) is the singing scene whit Dirch Mikkelsen (played by Dirch Passer who were cast for every danish movie in the 60ts or else it could not sell)is "syncronised" so bad. And why is this scene in the movie any way.

sorry for the spelling
-Niels
chris koenig
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2000, 03:22:14 PM »

You people who have reviewed this classic make me sick! This film is a GOOD FILM and gets an A+ in my book. Let a real film critic like me show you how this is done! This contains some very productive special effects (NetFrog Alpha can go straight to hell if he thinks these special effects are bad), good photography, and some okay (I said okay) English dubbing. In short a great Danish version of Godzilla. Also, American distributor American International Pictures (AIP for short) edited out the sequence where Reptilicus flies in the air (so that explains why the monster has wings, but he never uses them). AIP also edited out the original soundtrack, added new special effects sequences, and directed new footage. If you are reading this, believe my review and skip these poor saps reviews. You will not regret it.
Mick Pedersen
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is the baddest movie in Danish movie history! However, it is VERY important to notice that Dirch Passer, the man who played "Petersen" in the movie, is something special. READ THIS SERIOUSLY: Dirch Passer was Denmark's most important comedian from 1950-1980 (he died on the teather while acting, only 54 years old). Dirch Passer was in almost every danish movie in the 50's and 60's, and the reason for that is quite simple: The man was so popular that the danish film companies thought that a film wouldn't sell if Dirch Passer was not in the movie, and that is why his contribution in "Reptilicus" seems out of sync. I know that for people in the USA, the man seems so silly, and in this movie he really IS silly because his humor dosn't fit in. But if you're from Denmark you are seeing it from a different point of view. In Denmark he was as funny for us as George Burns was for USA. Dirch Passer was Denmark's funniest man, belive it or not!  
patrick
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2000, 09:08:44 PM »

this was a bad movie
favorite parts include:
1-monster eating cardboard cutout
2-the slime
3-the same scene where he comes into view, time after time
4-the speed of the bazooka bullet
5-Bert, no! squash!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2000, 09:29:05 AM »

This movie absolutely rules!!  This movie should be included in the definition of "bad movie".  The acting is an atrocity ("Bones?...fossil bones!"), the effects downright comedic(reptilicus swallows cardboard cutout), and the characters unforgettable (everything peterson does).  I love it!  Vote: Peterson for everything!!
Jakob Stegelmann
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Movie? What do you mean movie?
This is fact, it really happened. Everyone who grew up in Copenhagen in the sixties - like I did  - knew of Reptilicus, including the song, cut from US prints, and we still shiver with fear when we think of that one claw out in the sea....
In case it grows into Reptilicus 2, we need all the help we can get, cause Mark Grayson and most of the others are dead by now....so please be prepared

Nigel
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2000, 01:57:17 AM »

This was the first REALLY bad film I ever saw! I work in the tv production studio at my school and do stop-motion ect. I like it 'cause I know I could make a film lasting 3 minutes that is better than this. 5 stars!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Reptilicus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.