Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:10:39 AM
714439 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sinbad of the Seven Seas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sinbad of the Seven Seas  (Read 22164 times)
Frank de laVina
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It is a real shame that Sinbad movies in general have been so poorly made over the years, and a real disgrace to the legendary hero from the original source, The Thousand and One Nights. Would it be so much to ask that just once some enterprising screenwriter/producer film the actual Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor, including all adventures from the original stories ( which are exciting and incredible enough without adding the Hollywood hype? As for Ferrigno"s debacle,I can only agree that you need a barf-bag to witness this desecration of the Sinbad legend. I would have liked to have seen Ferrigno as Sinbad confronting the Old Man of the Sea, who mounts his shoulders and puts a stranglehold around his neck and forces him into servitude for a few days until Sinbad, near death and exhaustion, intoxicates the old man with wine fermented from grapes and finally escapes certain death. I would give anything to have a still/picture of that adventure--Ferrigno, body-builder--carrying an old, frail-looking creature on his shoulders!
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2000, 07:05:30 PM »

Being a John Steiner fan I just have to see this.
lostmissy
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

i keep hoping that lou would go "green" but he never did!!
macgruder
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Lou Ferrigno is king of bad movies.  This "buddy" film left me washing my eyes out it was so bad.  I feel sorry for Lou making these atrocious films, but it gives me and my friends something to watch on bad movie night every week.

If you think this one is bad, check out Desert Warrior with Lou, you'll regret it.
Chris Gwinn
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Great job!
My friends and I have been obsessed with this flick, and my band has even written a song about Poochie, to be featured on our next CD.

- Chris
The Law of Fives
http://www.thelawoffives.com
Jeremy G.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ok im calm now. I think that Sinbad was a good movie, why? CAUSE IT WAS FUNNY! i mean, repeat animation with sinbad bending those bars, i mean! reallY! hahahahahhahahaha! and poochie the dwarf! Jafar! I enjoyed his lame ass comments, like when he was owning htose guards, when he swung around and was like "Im crazy about u" and like stabbed him in the face. AND THE SOCK PUPPET PIRANNAS!!!!!!!!! There was so much steel bending in this game. And not to mention, he took oout his sword, through it down, fell down a dungeon, broke out, than MAGICALLY pulled out another, and THREW THAT ONE DOWN!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!! ok thats it hope u enjoyed
Friend of Jeremy
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I fully understand why Jeremy is obsessed with Lou Ferregno/this movie. The script is poor, the music is magical, the graphics are horrible..therefore making it the BEST BAD MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN! And it's all thanks to Jeremys taste in movies!! Thanks Jeremy!! hahaha!
Friend of GT
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I don't know why people call this the best bad movie they have ever seen, I think it's the best movie I have ever seen period! My friend however doesn't think so and has it at #1 on his list of the Worst Movies of all time. I like everything about Sinbad, Lou Ferrigno although it would be twice as good with his own voice, Jaffar, Sinbads crew, the monsters Sinbad demolishes and especially Kyra's father The Magician("Strickimani,Strickypayii). By the way Sinbad doesn't take out his sword in the dungeon it's his scabbar(just to clear that up). I have seen some of the original Sinbad movies with the scrawny, goofy looking pirate as the hero and personally I think Lou Ferrigno fits the part way better, and I'm tired of hearing people making fun of Lou ferrigno because of Sinbad, Hercules, as well as others. If you ask me Lou ferrigno is hero to many people because he was a child who was born with a disability and overcame to become one of the greatest body builders of all time.(Mr. Olympia, Mr. America, and twice Mr. Universe). Now to get to the movie, I'll admit Sinbad is a little cheap and even somewhat fragmented  but when you look at the budget they must have shot it on I think they did a fantastic job with what they had. The only thing that confused me was why Cantu was referred to as a samurai in the credits?(must have been a mistake). Also the bald cook is called a greek but when he's in the dungeon the guy say's "theres nothing my baby's enjoy more than Turkish delight." I read a review of this film on line and discoverd that production was shut down halfway through shooting and that's why some of the story doesn't make sense. I own three copies of Sinbad on vhs, I wish they would come out with a dvd version but my friend GT say's it would be better if all the copies were just burned. I would also love to see a sequal made, if the producers were ever having any ideas. Well I could talk for hours about Sinbad but I've said enough. P.S. If your out there Lou, your still my idol.
Ken
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I understand completely, why Lou Ferrigno would have done these Italian movies (outside of living in Europe, etc.), because of being in a foriegn film would justify his need for a voice-over, without embarassing him too badly. It's also made a little more tolerable too by the rest of the cast being dubbed over, too (well, most the cast, anyway). Despite its excuseable flaws, there are many inexcuseable ones in this picture, which this site's review checks off like a grocery list (though, the "Gay Pride" flag Sinbad uses for a sail in this picture wasn't mentioned)!

A low budget is sometimes the best thing for a picture, putting positive pressure on all involved to compensate with creativity, a strong story, superb acting, etc. Sinbad of the Seven Seas offers none of that, but instead delivers hammy, over-the-top performances/voice-overs and missed opportunities (how dare they resign Teagan Clive to little more than set dressing, when she should have gone fist-to-cuffs in an exciting climax with Sinbad, instead of Lou playing with himself, like he did at the end?!).

It seems to be directed at kids (perhaps mostly), despite it's PG-13 rating, but why is anything that's ever directed at kids always so lazily written and generally stupid (like ALL the Star Wars prequels)? And I understand Lou defending his films with pompous jargon, to preserve his career or whatever, but there seems to be another aspect to it, namely in that he believes his own B.S. - I mean, as far as I've ever been aware of, he's never apologized for "Sinbad of the Seven Seas" - quite the opposite, in fact!

And while kids might not be interested in, or understand politics or the complexities of being in a serious relationship (in movies, they usually bore the hell out of me, too), but they're not brainless! And this particular Sinbad didn't have to be ... and what is the INSISTANCE of using lasers and old Atari sound effects in this supposed "sword & sandal" flick, I ask you? This is exactly the kind of bad movie that leaves people looking back on it years later and asking themselves, "what the hell was I thinking that I actually LIKED this garbage?".
annoymous
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 07:12:14 PM »

I guess the only good movie John Steiner ever has done was Tenebre and he only had a small amount of screen time before he got an axe to the head thankfully.
RinkWorks
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »

This is my favorite "good bad" movie of all time.  So much so, in fact, that I made a screencap webcomic about it:  http://www.rinkworks.com/sinbad/?c=1 gets you to the first strip.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Sinbad of the Seven Seas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.