Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:34:41 AM
713334 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nosferatu: The First Vampire « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Nosferatu: The First Vampire  (Read 77324 times)
Richard
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Being a Vampire fan I of course own the orginal silent Nosferatu ,but would like info on how to get or at least view the Type O Negative one. Any help anyone?
            Thanks ,Richard
URNA
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2001, 01:14:42 AM »

Love it.:-I=
Banden
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Bought this movie at Walmart on DVD for $9.00 canadian,  it is a compelling piece to watch and the music is a phoenominal catalyst to the dark imagery created in this 1922 version of Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Best ten bucks Ive spent in a while.
*aimee*
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2001, 12:38:53 PM »

very good movie.. worth seeing.. go ahead.. its not bad.. lots of scary scenes..
Geoff
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think the "dog" is an African hyena. There are a number of images on Google or at www.danheller.com. I've just viewed the Eureka DVD of
Gary
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie still scares the hell out of me.  Max Schreck is by far 100 times more eerie than Bela Lugosi ever was.  No vampyre flick comes close to the mood of this gem.  I can't watch this movie if I'm home alone.  I have to wait till my wife and kid are home first.  That scene of his shadow creeping up the staircase still makes my flesh crawl. Sure, the acting is overdone, and hammy, but that's the way they acted back then, and it even helps heighten the frightening eerieness as well.  Excellent!!!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

At first, I thought that dog-like creature was a hyena. Then I thought it was a Tasmanian tiger (aka Tasmanian wolf). Now, I am back to the opinion it is a hyena. Not the common spotted hyena of Africa, but the rarer striped hyena of Asia. The stripe pattern seems to be wrong for a Tasmanian. Though, it still could be a Tasmanian, as the last one died in captivity in 1936. It sure would be kewl if it was a Tasmanian; for, as far as I know, this would be the only film of an animal now extinct. Whatever!? Still a kewl movie. Enjoy

Mikki
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2002, 08:40:44 PM »

I LOVED the movie, and the websight is awesome! I loved all the downloads, pics, and music!!!Nosferatu rocks!!!
Jen
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's an Aardwolf, which is indeed a smaller member of the hyena family, and I had to laugh, because they're termite eaters, not even carnivores!  But it's a brilliant movie otherwise, and I'm sure hardly anybody knew what the animal was back then, so it could still be seen as kind of creepy and 'other'.
kayte
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2002, 05:32:28 PM »

Why is there a space 4 this film on this site?? Nosferatu is excellent! seems like every1 thinks it 2. The way he walks freaks me out and his eyes, ugh, nasty, but VERY good, shorter than I expected it to be though.
Amelia
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2002, 07:37:10 PM »

This movie sucks my ass. I hated it in the first place, but when I heard some schlock filled in the silence with some cheesy goth music , I about wet my pants laughing. Then I saw it and I could barely catch my breath. How EVIL! NOSFERATU!Was the crap music supposed to catalyze the EVIL? I bet the soundtrack flew off the shelves at the underground music stores. Ha! Two very enthusiastic thumbs down!
Judas
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have this movie at home, with the original music from 1922, and I don't see why you should play this Type O Negative s**t instead. The original music is much much better!
Heinrich_Himmler
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2002, 12:57:56 AM »

Amelia is a dumb girl with no clue what she is talking about.Probably some fourteen year old who would think the ultimate horror movie is some teen slasher film.The look of Count Orlock and the way this film captures an eerie and helpless feeling as you have in your nightmares displays the sheer brilliance of German Expressionism.I will agree this heavy metal Type O Negative s**t was completely uncalled for it ruined the atmosphere of the film.A classical soundtrack of gothic organs and viola would have suited it much better.Now you must have every little idiot wannabe goth slipknot fan in the world renting it.As if those little degenerates would know anything about art or German Expressionism.
stfunoob
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

orchid_lunar_nazi is too nasty and closed minded about the music.  I admit that the harder stuff (OLDER TYPE O) was pretty inappropriate for this movie, but I like the feeling the October Rust material gives it.  It's not very "heavy metal" at all, it's quite atmospheric.  For the record, "little idiot wannabe goth slipknot fans" is a big mishmash of contradictory phrases.  Anyway, none of those kids like Type O Negative, because their music actually has some kind of majesty to it and would thus be labelled gay.  I think Type O Negative was the right band for the job as far as mainstream "hard" bands go, that's for sure.  Anyway, I wouldn't go around throwing rocks at the "little idiot wannabe goth slipknot fans" if your email address includes the word "nazi" without a "s suck" after it.  Real smart.
Nikita
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Nosferatu" is actually an illegal "Dracula" adaptation. The plot is basically the same : actually, the german producers didnt' want to pay the rights, and figured Bram Stoker's widow would never hear about the movie. But she dis, she sued, and had the film withdrawn from the theaters ! Prints disappeared for decades, and this contributed to the film's cult reputation.
Actually, if you see the 1979 remake with Klaus Kinski, the vampire is actually called Dracula !

The myth about Max Schreck being a real vampire, which later inspired "Shadow of the vampire", comes from the fact that he was a very-little known actor. His looks and the fact that Schreck means "fear" in german didn' help... He was actually from Munich, and worked on stage for most of his career. He had no other remarkable film roles aside from Nosferatu, and died in the late 30's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nosferatu: The First Vampire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.